003: Contented

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

Jungkook’s view

   It was Taehyeon’s turn and I quickly sign the damn album and shifted my gaze to her. I took out a small notepad and wrote 

 

‘You can read mind right? Read my mind’

 

   I passed it at her. “Yeah I can do that. Please proceed” she held her hand to me and I smiled. 

   ‘Can you hear me?’ I thought and she nodded, 

   ‘Of course, you told me to. I can send massage to you know’ I heard and she send me the ‘obviously’ look and I laughed.

   “No need to look like that. You’re pretty already” I pinched her cheek and she gasped.

   “So you’re saying I’m ugly? Okey, I’m done with you” she said jokingly and crossed her arm.

   “Aye…just kidding Taehyeon. You’re always beautiful” I said and ruffled her hair, which she fixed it back.

   “Anyway, no gifts?” I held out my hand but she shook her head, “Nope, I just wrote some letter for the other members. Plus we meet and chat often, so no need for letters” she said last sentence in my head and I smiled. Her turn was over, so we highfived and she send ‘See you next week’ in my head.

 

***

 

   “She came again earlier~” V hyung said loudly and happily.

   We had our break after 6 hours of practice non-stop and now this hyung just spinning happily in the middle of the room with a bottle in his hand.

   “You mean Taehyeon?” Suga saw V hyung spinning crazily.

   “Yeah. I’m attracted to her” he stopped spinning and dropped on the floor.

   “Hey, you’re crazy, attracted to a fan. If she find out, she might keep away from you” I blurted out and took a gulp of water.

   “Well, I’m attracted to her too”

   “Me too”

   “Me three”

   “Same here”

   “I just told her my deepest secret”

   All the hyungs said that and look at each other surprisingly, “How about you, Jungkook?” Rap Mon asked and all eyes are on me,

   “She's fine” okey I lied, I met her every time in school and chat with her even when I’m busy.

   “Are you thinking about the girl you met last month?” I heard Jimin hyung said and all eyes on him.

   “What, that what we’re talking ever since” I gave him an 'explanation' look, he raised his shoulder and pretended to drink his water. All of them sighed.

 

   “Jimin’s telling the truth. You’ve changed ever since you met the girl" Rapmon hyung sighed. "We’re just scared that you might be dating and soon the media will find out. Think Jungkook! we might be in big trouble” Rap Mon hyung said and all of them nodded. 

   ‘Okey, I done with this!’ 

   “Wait! You all thought that she the reason for all this?! Although she is, but not all of it!” I burst out and the members were surprised by my outburst. I never went angry outloud to them, so this was the first time.

   “You don’t know all of it! That girl has changed my life,  You know, I almost want to quit my idol life but she stopped me from doing so! She said that all my hard time will paid off, saying that life will get easier, but you need to do hard for it and I’m lucky to be here and to meet you guys! She said that even if I quit the group, she will always support me, because that best friend does! Thanks to her, I’ll be never be here with you guys! She’s the one who comforted me when I’m sad when you guys can't, she’s the one that take care of me when I’m hurt, she’s the one that’s with me through my bad and happy times although we met like 2 months! She’s someone that understood me when you guys don’t!” The member kept quiet aa I was close to tears.

 

   “But what if the media found you two together?” Rapmon hyung said,

   “I don’t care about the media says, and we're not even together. I just say she’s just a friend”

   “Yet still, we will be in big trouble and what if you two are together? The company will force you two to break up and say it was a misunderstanding” he continued.

   “Depend on the situation. But If we really got caught by the media, she will be forced to runaway because of the public attention, that’s why we only meet in the school ground” I said sadly as I created a scene about her, moving to another school, change her name again. We won’t meet and communicate ever again. That really pained me.

   “What do you mean runaway?” J-Hope hyung asked.

   “Taehyeon can’t be revealed to the public” I blurted but soon clasped my mouth, realizing that I said her name out loud.

 

   The member look at me in disbelief,

   “You mean Taehyeon we met earlier?”

   “She’s your friend?!”

   “You’re joking, right?”

   “Taehyeon? As our fan?”

   “The one I told my secret to?”

   “Seriously?” each member said.

  ‘, how can I just blurted her name like that?’ I thought 

   “So you’re her best friend that she said to come. You asked her to come?” Namjoon hyung said and I just stood there.

   “I shouldn’t say her name. Aish, you guys made me too” I ruffled my sweaty hair.

 

   “Taehyeon has a weird aura around her, like a kind yet strong aura” V hyung blurted out and the member agreed,

   “I don't understand you guys” I said and they just shrugged,

   “Maybe you’re just don’t feel it” Jin hyung said. Suga hyung asked me if she’s the one I’m texting with and I said yes.

   “Well, bring her over tomorrow. Tomorrow’s Sunday. We can know each other more closer. We can play and show her our dance moves, she’ll love it” V said cheerfully and the member wait for my respond.

   ‘I can text her but she will be awkward with them since she just know their name and other embarassing facts that I blurt to her. Maybe I could give it a try’ I thought.

   “Sure, I’ll text her or should I call her since she might be sleeping now?” I asked them and they told me to call her. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

 

   “Hello Joki?” she said in her hoarse voice, probably just woke up.

   “Hi, sorry for interrupting your sleep but my member want to talk to you” I told her and I can imagine her surprised face and hear her sitting down on her bed,

   “Sure, put on speaker, but how did the member found out about me?” she asked,

   “I’ll tell you on Monday but first talk to my annoying hyungs” I whispered the word ‘annoying’ and I can see she’s smiling.

   “But can you use your telepathy thingy through phone?” I whispered and received a voice,

   ‘Yeah, your phone signals help me’ 

   

   I put on speaker mode allowing the members to hear.

 

   “So you’re Taehyeon? Our maknae’s friend?” Jimin asked her and she replied with a yes.

   “I’m sorry for waking you up this late at night Taehyeon-sshi, but your friend here ‘introduced’ us to you and we can’t wait for him to introduce us to you” RapMon hyung say and a voice rang

   ‘So you accidently blurted my name?’, I leaned to the phone,

   “Yeah, I’ll explain soon” and the members probably wondering why I’m saying that.

   “Anyway… Since tomorrow is Sunday, are you free tomorrow?” Jin hyung said cutely and we all cringed at his voice.

   “I’m busy in the morning, but I’m free after 1pm” she replied and I remember she had a part-time job in the morning and at the night.

   “Well, can you come over tomorrow at the studio? Around 2pm. Jungkook-kie here will send you the address” Suga told her 

   “Sure, 2pm is fine. I’ll wait outside the studio. Make sure you’ll pick me up outside alright?” she said. Suddenly the members started to talk to each other leaving me alone.

   “You can use the back door, type in the password. I’ll text you the password later Taehyeon” I spoke to her and she agreed.

   “Okey then see you tomorrow” RapMon hyung said and all the members bidded her goodbye and I turned off the speaker.

 

   “Well, hearing them from here, I can tell they might be annoying as hell but they’re good” she laughed,

   “Yeah, I can’t handle my hyungs. I cannot believe that they are older than me”

   I heard a ‘Yah!’ from V hyung that can still be heard in the phone and we laughed.

   “So see you tomorrow then, Joki. Bye” she said

   “Okey bye,good night and sleep tight” I replied back and we hung up together.

   Then I texted her the address and the password to the door and the way to the door. The dance instructor came back from break and we continued our practice.

 

***

 

   The next day, the members were surprisingly excited to meet Taehyeon. They kept me about her personality, her dislikes and likes,

   “Later you can ask her” which I replied.

   It was 1.55pm and I’m waiting for her near the back door. I already texted her that I’ll be waiting for her there. Few minutes later, a beep noise was heard and Taehyeon appeared.

   “Hi Jungkook, I’m quite tired from work so don’t expect me to be jumpy as usual” she scratched her head, “But I’m sure you guys are more tired”she smiled softly and I saw the tiredness in her eyes. I hugged her and she hugged back. I lead her to the practice room. She received some glares and murmurings  from the trainees and workers around. I was sure she’s uncomfortable with it since she doesn’t like gaining attention, so I fasten my pace.

 

   When we reached at the elevator, we hopped in and sighed in relief.

   “Sorry about that. People here are too…busybody” I reassured her and she nodded in agreement.

   “So how’s work?” I asked.

   “It was tiring as usual. But I can manage it. The customers keep ordering impatiently and I almost want to kick their face and shout ‘Can you be more patient?’” she said and I laughed.

 

   That’s one of the point I love about her, she talks freely with me, not too girly but not to tomboyish.

 

   “Hope to see you doing it. Anyway later, if the hyungs ask you weird questions, just don’t answer them, especially V’s” I warned her and she nodded cutely.

   'How can I not love this girl?' I thought, 'Wait what?'

   “Oh! if I rub my hands or scratch my head, read my mind” she asked why but I just told her just because.

 

   We walked out and went inside the practice room where the members were practicing without me. The member noticed us and stopped halfway. They stood in a line and greeted her with our group introduction 

  "2, 3! Hello we are Bulletproof Boys!"

   She moved back but I stopped her and she glared at me. I removed my hand from her back so the member won’t see it. Taehyeon greeted back with a 90° bow and introduced herself. The hyungs introduced themselves one by one while I slowly moved my place beside them, because it was awkward standing beside her. When they finished, Jin hyung told us to seat down and some of us sat at the couch at the edge of the room and some on the floor.

 

   “So Taehyeon-sshi, before we ask you question, how old are you? I know you’re younger than us but who’s younger between you and Jungkook?” Suga hyung ask and she replied,

   “I thought I already told you…" she stopped for few seconds, "Wait, I didn’t, I'm sorry. I’m born on 30th October 1997, so I’m younger” she said in an adorable voice.

   ‘Wait, what has gotten into me?’ 

   “So you’re the youngest here. So on to the questions” V hyung arrived with some drinks.

   “What’s your relationship with each other?”

   “We’re just friends. Bestfriend to be honest”

   “How did you guys meet?”

   “You guys already know how, don’t lie” the member just giggled nervously.

   I scratched my head and Taehyeon noticed it.

   ‘Ask them some questions’ I thought and she nodded.

 

   “So who’s the closest to Jungkook?” she asked although I know she know who. J-Hope hyung raised his hand, and Toki looked at me while pointing at him politely.

   “Him? I thought you fought?’

   “Well, close bud sometimes fight you know” I shrugged.

   “Next question, who sleep the most?” the members was surprised with her random question, even me.

   “If you’re saying who sleeps at the most random time of the day, I gotta say the one who sit beside you on the left. You guys agree?” Jimin hyung say and I was sitting on her left side, so I pretended to punch him.

   "I thought Suga hyung sleep the most!" I denied at them and the members ignored me.

 

   We started to chat normally and I, J-Hope hyung and Jimin hyung show her some dance moves which she look like she enjoyed it. V’s keep asking fart jokes which Taehyeon answered correctly,

   'Maybe because she used her powers'

   Sometimes the members keep asking me why I just say things to her randomly without her asking. Well actually, I’m answering questions from her that she sends to my head, 

   "I know what she’s asking by the look of her eyes since we’re so close" I lied to them.

 

   “So I want to ask something personal" Hopie hyung sat beside Taehyeon, "Do you like our Jungkook?”

   I nearly want to punch his face. She thought for awhile and I wished she can answer it safely.

   “I like him…but as a friend. Plus we just met for almost two month, and our friendship monthsarry is this Thursday” she said confidently and I sighed in relief.

   'Wish she said she likes me...Wait, again!? What's wrong you stupid?' I thought.

 

   Then Taehyeon suddenly asked us, “Can I ask where the rooftop is? Maybe the directions?” which RapMon hyung gladly told her the directions. She excused herself to go somewhere and saying she’ll be back in 10 minutes. I wanted to follow her but she said she needs time alone. After few minutes she left, Jin hyung excused to go to the toilet, J-Hope hyung buying some drinks outside and RapMon hyung excuse himself to talk with the managers, leaving the four of us in the room.

 

No one’s view

   Taehyeon went to the rooftop using Rap Monster directions. She arrived there and saw the sun going to set. It was 5pm. She went to the rail and sighed.

   “I swear that one member remind me of him” she sighed to herself and sat on one of the blocks there.

   Minutes later passed, probably 5 minutes, a voice was heard by Taehyeon,

   “Junghyeon? Is it you?”

   ‘That name. It can’t be him. I might be dreaming’ she thought but looked behind her anyway.

 

   There, she saw the boy, which she hope he is the one she wanted to see again for years.

 

   “Jungyun?”

   She says his nickname she gave and closed in shock. The boy quickly hugs her and she cried.

   “Is it really you Taehyeon?” she nodded and wiped her tears.

   “Taeyun?” she murmered, “I didn’t know you at the first glance. How come I didn’t notice my own brother? Did the man know about you?” she asked worryingly but he just shook his head,

   “No, not a bit. How about you? Did you get hurt? How did you live without me all this years? It might be hard for you” the boy hugged her again.

   “I got chased for some times but I escape. That’s how I met Jungkook” Taehyeon told him as she sobbed. They kept hugging for a long time, finally meet the one they been searching for.