A New Worker

Falling in Love with my Servant

    You were awaken when the sun's rays hit your face. Getting up to a sitting position, you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and let out a yawn. You looked over to your clock. It read, 9:00 AM, not surprising, this was the normal time you woke up during the weekend. The sound of birds chirping filled the room. You walked out onto your balcony to see two small birds playfully flying around with each other. You stretched your arms, then headed to the bathroom to brush your teeth. 

    After your teeth were brushed, your hair was combed, and your face was washed. You happily skipped out, then headed down the hall. Peeking into Appa's room, you saw no one there. Soon you realized that none of the workers were to be seen anywhere. A bang of curiosity hit you, Where could they all be? As you walked closer to the stairs, you heard Appa's voice coming from the living room. Feeling happy that you found him, you rushed down the stairs. As you did, you saw Appa standing in front of all the workers, and next to him was an unfamiliar figure. 

______________________________

    As Mr. Kim was introducing me to all the other workers, I saw a girl with light brown hair, happily coming down from upstairs. Her hair bounced up and down each step she took. She looked to be about a year or two younger than me. My first impression of her would be, she looks cute. 

"Appa, who's that?" she asked. 

    So she's Mr. Kim's daughter. No wonder she wasn't wearing a uniform like everyone else. Aish, how stupid was I not to know. 

"This is our new worker, his name is Jo Youngmin. Youngmin, this is my daughter Minji." Mr. Kim replied. 

    Minji? That's a nice name, its suits her. After Mr. Kim introduced us to each other, Minji happily smiled at me and raised her hand out for me to shake it. Being polite, I smiled back, shaking her hand while at the same time bowing. I hope she's not any trouble. I heard that rich kids are spoiled and rude. She doesn't seem to be like that, but for all I know she could be acting like this in front of her dad, and the next second a real brat. 

______________________________

    So we have a new worker? Jo Youngmin. He was tall, with blonde hair, that in your opinion, looked really good on him. All in all, he seemed nice. He looked like he was around your age, which was good. It'd be nice to talk to someone closer to your age. He actually looked pretty cute for a boy in all honestly, and he had a nice smile. 

"I hope we get along well." you happily said after shaking his hand. 

    I stood beside Appa as he continued introducing Youngmin to all the other workers. 

"We have 3 maids, Soojin, Hana, and Eunjung. 2 drivers, Yooncheol and Sangwon. And of course my personal servant, Jaesun. You will be my little girl's personal servant. But of course, I'll always need a helping hand as well." 

______________________________

    I nodded in understanding. So, I'm Minji's personal servant. I hope she doesn't boss me around, or else I don't know what I would do. I crossed my fingers behind my back, let's just hope for the best. 

"Now...Eunjung, would you mind showing Youngmin around?" Mr. Kim looked over to one of the maids. Not to sound rude or anything, but she was the oldest one there. 

"Oh, of cou-" before she could finished, Minji said something. 

"I wanna show him around!" she cheerfully exclaimed. 

    When she said that, I saw Eunjung smile, then turned to face Mr. Kim. 

"You know how much she loves showing new people around Sir, how about you let her do it." 

"Alright, you can show Youngmin around, after all he'll be your servant." Mr. Kim smiled at Minji, then at me. 

"You two can head off now, I have some work to finish." 

______________________________

    Appa and all the other workers left, leaving you and Youngmin alone in the middle of the room. 

"Do I have to write anything down?" Youngmin decided to break the silence with a little joke. 

"I don't think there's anything to write." you laughed. 

    You walked around the bottom floor showing Youngmin all the places there were. Then the two of you headed upstairs to the second floor. 

"This is Appa's bedroom, and next to it is his office." 

    Youngmn nodded in understanding. He seemed to be focused on remember all the places of the house. It made you smile at how dedicated he was. 

"And this my room!" you ran in, spinning yourself in a circle, letting out a laugh. 

"Your room is nice, and its also really big." Youngmin smiled, he took a few steps in but worried if he was allowed to or not. 

"It is, isn't it?" you happily smiled back at him. 

"Come over here, I have to show you something." you headed over to your balcony, gesturing for him to follow you. 

"That's the garden. Whenever I'm not busy I love to tend my flowers." your balcony faced the background, so you had a great view of your garden. 

"You planted all those flowers Miss?" 

"I did! I know because my Appa is wealthy that you wouldn't expect me to get my hands dirty, but I really do enjoy it." 

"Oh, I didn't mean it that way Miss..I.." 

"No no no, its fine." you laughed. 

    Youngmin smiled at you. You turned out a lot nicer then he first originally thought. And just like that, the tour was over. Not knowing what to do, he just stood there awkwardly as you continued to look out over the balcony. 

"Uh..Miss...what do I do now?" he finally got the courage to ask. 

"Oh sorry. You can just walk around and get to know your way around the house more. I don't have anything for you to do." 

______________________________

    I nodded, then left Minji's room, or should I call her Miss Kim? After all I am her servant. The house was really big, but she gave a good tour of it all. I think I'll get used to these surroundings soon. As I headed down the stairs, I saw one of the maids, if I remembered right, her name was Hana. 

"Are you lost Youngmin?" she kindly asked. 

"No, Minji- I mean, Miss Kim, told me to walk around and get to know my way around." 

"Oh, if you need any help ask any of us, we'll be happy to help." 

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed politely before she left to continue her chores. 

 

___________________

Second chapter is up!! ^^

Two chapters in one day because, why not! 

I'm home all day so might as well write some more. 

Youngmin is here! xD hehe

So what do you think about him? :)

Look forward to chapter three!

Maybe it'll be up tomorrow?? :D