Birthday Party

Falling in Love with my Servant

"Happy Birthday Minji!!"

    The living room was filled with party decorations. Streamers, balloons, decors, all were so breathtaking to look at. They were all in your favourite colours, pink and blue. Everything just looked so nice you couldn't take your eyes off the room. You saw all your workers, Yooncheol, Sangwon, Jaeson, Soojin, Hana, Eunjung, and of course, Youngmin, standing all in a line with a smile. 

"Thank you everyone! Everything looks so nice!" you happily exclaimed. 

"Its your birthday Miss, we gotta make it perfect." Hana shot you a cheerful smile. 

    Throughout the whole party you had a lot of fun. The workers all prepared fun games to play. Everyone was laughing and having a blast.

   ______________________________

 As Minji and the girls were having their time together, I decided to walk over to the guys who were all currently leaning on a wall. 

"Hey, how you enjoying the party so far?" Jaesun greeted me. 

"Its great! But how come you didn't invite any of her friends?"

    Yooncheol, Sangwon, and Jaesun all exchanged glances before one of them gave me an answer. 

"Minji doesn't exactly have any friends." Sangwon answered quietly as he took a small sip from his glass of juice. 

"How can that be? She's so nice! How can she not have friends?" 

"Actually, she just...doesn't trust people other than us." Sangwon added. 

"You see, a year ago, Minji had this group of friends she was very close with..." Yooncheol started. 

"Hey Minji!" 

"Oh, hey ChungAe." 

    The two girls smiled cheerfully at each other, they were so close, they were like sisters. 

"There were 2 girls, ChungAe and KyungMi, and 2 boys, Kwan and Shin." 

"Wait for us!" the three others yelled as they caught up with the two. 

"Where shall we go today?" Kwan questioned. 

"I heard there's a new karaoke place that opened up around here, let's go check it out!" KyungMi exclaimed. 

The others all agreed and soon the 5 friends were off.

"They all knew about Minji's wealth, They wouldn't force her to pay for everything, but they would say things that would eventually make her pay for it all." 

"Minji, I forgot my wallet, could you pay my share?" KyungMi asked quietly. 

"How about I just pay for everyone?" 

"Yaayy! Minji is the best!" they all yelled. 

"Minji didn't mind, after all they were her friends. But one day things got worse." 

"Minji...um...I know I shouldn't ask you, but I really have no other option!" Shin had a worried expression on his face. 

"What is it? Tell me." 

"Can I borrow some money? My Umma is sick and the surgery costs a lot! I don't have that kind of money! Please Minji, I promise I'll pay you back as soon as I can!" he pleaded, grabbing onto her shoulders. 

"Ever since she was small, Minji has always been a caring person, so of course she lent him the money. But then eventually, all of her friends came to ask her for money, and a week later they stopped talking to her." 

"Hey guys wait up!" 

    Pretending like they didn't hear her, they continued walking. But Minji eventually caught up to them. Panting after all that running, she gave them a small smile before greeting them. 

"We barely hang out anymore, are you guys busy?" 

"Nope, we have plenty of spare time too." ChungAe scoffed, her arms were crossed against her chest, and she wasn't looking in your direction. 

    The atmosphere was tense, none of them looked like they wanted to talk to you. 

"Shin, how's your Umma?" 

"Fine, she was always fine, never better." 

"But you said.." 

"Look, I'll just be completely honest with you. We just became your friends so we can get money from you. You're a rich girl, everyone by your side is just gonna use you for your money." Kwan stated, he wanted to get his point out. 

    Hearing that Minji stumbled back a few steps. She trusted them, they were her friends, how could they do this to her. Not excepting what she just heard, she kept shaking her head in denial. How could this be... Turning the other way, Minji started to run, she ran all the way home as the tears poured down her cheeks. Once she got in the house she ran up to her room, closing the door behind her. 

"After that happened, Minji never trusted anyone again. She didn't want to get hurt again. That experience was so horrible for her, she couldn't afford to go through that again." Yooncheol finished the story, leaving me standing there in shock.

"Then how come she's so close with us?" I asked as I looked over to her happily playing with the girls.

"She trusts us cause her Appa hired us. Plus, after getting to really know Minji, I know none of us can ever hurt her." Jaesun replied. 

"At school she's really different, she has a cold personality there, and refuses to talk to anyone." Yooncheol added. 

    I just stood there, still taking everything in. I could never imagine Minji could have such a past. Cold personality? I could never imagine her like that. I always see her so happy and always smiling. She happily talks to everyone here. I turned over to look at her again, of course she was smiling, laughing. My heart ached, how could anyone do that to her. 

______________________________

"So, how did you like your party Minji? All the workers planned it out for you." Appa smiled at me. 

"I loved it! Thank you everyone." 

"So! Who gave you the best present??" Jaesun asked, a big smile on his face. 

    Everyone seemed curious to know the answer, they each got you a gift and you seemed to love them all. But which one would be your favourite? 

"I love all of your gifts, but my favourite was Youngmin's" you shot a smile his way and he shyly smiled back at you.

    It felt nice to know that the gift he gave you was your favourite. It wasn't necessarily a gift though, he didn't buy it. 

"Youngmin's? Hey, I didn't even see him give you a gift." Sangwon protested. 

"He gave me it yesterday." you laughed

"What was it?" everyone asked, wanting to know what was the gift that won over theirs. 

"He fixed my music box." 

    Everyone broke out into a round of applause. They all gave out compliments to Youngmin saying he did a good job. 

"That music box was given by Minji's Umma, when it broke she was really sad. I went all around town trying to find someone to fix it, but no results. But wow, you fixed it." Yooncheol patted Youngmin's back. 

"That obviously wins over all our presents." Hana chuckled. 

    Soon after that, the party was over, and it was time to clean up. Everyone told you that it was your birthday and you didn't have to help clean up, but you still insisted to help them out. 

"You really don't have to help out Miss." Youngmin said as he was holding open the garbage bag for you to throw cups, plates, and streamers inside.

"I want to!" you happily exclaimed as you pulled down some more streamers. 

    Youngmin was observing you the whole time, you were always smiling. Who knew someone can be this happy cleaning. 

"You're so cute." the words came out of his mouth before he could stop them.

    Youngmin bit his lower lip, he always says the wrong things, why does he do this to himself. He mentally face palmed himself, hoping you didn't hear what he said, but you did. 

"And you're..tall!" you laughed, returning the compliment. 

    A chuckle escaped Youngmin's mouth.

"Tall? But Yooncheol is taller than me." 

"So. You're taller than everyone else." 

    Youngmin smiled, you really were cute. You had a cute personality. Seeing you this happy made him happy too, but he still couldn't forget everything that Yooncheol had told him. He wouldn't believe it. How could that be true? How could anyone be so cruel? How can anyone hurt...her. This happy, smiling girl who's always willing to help others. How? The questioned kept repeating in his mind. 

________________________

Hey! I finally got the time to update cause I didn't go to school today. 

Its not very long I know, this was just supposed to be a story chapter, talking about the past. 

Second semester just recently started, so I'm kind of busy. 

But I'll work hard to still try to update ^^

So look forward to it :)

Have a good day~!!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!