Where's Minji?

Falling in Love with my Servant

  

 I stared at Hana in confusion. Did she just ask me if I've seen Minji? 

"What do you mean? Shouldn't she be in her room?" 

    Hana shook her headed furiously, a worried look still printed on her face.

"I checked. Her stuff are all there, but she's nowhere to be seen. Everyone's trying to look for her."

     She turned her head looking side to side, hoping Minji would just come out from where she was.

"Mr. Kim is going to flip when he gets home." Hana exclaimed before running off. 

    I stood there for a good 2 minutes, trying to process everything. I knew something was off about her when she came home. Where could she have gone? I headed upstairs and into her room. After looking around, I saw that Minji really was nowhere to be seen. It wasn't like her to just..disappear. Could something have happened? I thought about it for awhile, then it dawned on me. The words replayed in my head. 

"I come here whenever I want to be alone and away from the outside world."

    I found myself standing in front of the very wall Minji had brought me to. My fingers traced the wall until I could find the small rectangular outline. I took a deep breath then gently pressed it. A handle appeared, just like last time. I pulled it and the door opened, just like last time. Even though I have already seen all this happen before, it still shocked me how this was just a regular wall. I entered into the small hall away, making sure to close the door behind me so no one would see. As I started walking, a fear of getting lost hit me. How could I get lost? There's only one hallway, remember? I let out a sigh of relief, then continued. Soon I entered into the small room. I saw the bean bag chair, the bed, and someone sitting on top of it. It was Minji! 

"Youngmin?" she said quietly once I was in view. 

    Lifting up the bag of take out that was still in my hand, I smiled at her. 

"I brought your dumplings." 

  I sat down in front of Minji. Taking the box out of the bag, I opened it, then handed it to her. Then I broke apart the wooden chopsticks that were given and handed those to her as well. She thanked me with a small smile, then slowly started to eat. I watched as she quietly took each bite. Every so often she would look up, a shy smile appeared on her face each time knowing that I was just watching her eat. 

"Do you want one?" Minji asked, looking me in the eye. 

"No, it's ok." I shook my head. 

    Despite my answer, she still wanted me to have one. She picked the dumpling up with her chopsticks, putting it close to my mouth. I decided I didn't want to make her upset, so I ate it without hesitation. It tasted really good though, and Minji looked happy that I ate it. After she finished, I put all the garbage into the bag, and set it aside. Fixing my attention back on Minji, I saw her just fidgeting around as she stared at me. Although she was a lot quieter than usual, I could still see part of her cheerful self in her eyes. 

"So..what are you doing here? Everyone's really worried." I decided to break the silence. 

"I just...wanted to get away from everyone for awhile." she said quietly, burying her head in between her knees. 

"Is something wrong? I've never seen you so down before.." 

    Minji looked up at me, a sigh escaped before she started explaining to me what happened. She told me how after school she saw one of her old friends. As the story progressed, I realized it was one of the friends that betrayed her, Shin. She told me how he actually attended a different school now, but today he was visiting. When he saw her he actually had the gusts to wak up to her, saying stuff like, "Well look who it is, Minji. It's been awhile, hasn't it?" Seeing Shin brought back the memories from 2 years ago, when him and 3 other friends hurt her, broke her. Hearing this story made my heart ache, I knew they had a big impact on her. I knew that she must have been so upset, I understand why she came here to hide. 

"Oh.." I didn't know how to respond. 

"I feel better now that I told you about it. Thank you, Youngmin." 

______________________________

"Minji! There you are! We were so worried." Soojin exclaimed. 

"Sorry, I'm fine though." you said with a smile to assure them that you're okay. "But I wanna take a nap, I'm tired." 

"Of course, sleep well." she nodded, then let you head off. 

    Once you left, Soojin fixed her attention on Youngmin. 

"Where was she?" 

"I can't tell... I promised Minji." Youngmin answered, remembering that he must keep the secret. 

    Soojin let out a laugh, then patted Youngmin's back. 

"Alright, you two can have your little secrets." 

______________________________________

Yaaay, another chapter~!!

A pretty short update tho :3

Well, I hope you enjoy ^^

Don't forget to comment and subscribe~