A Problem?

Falling in Love with my Servant

"S-Sir, I can explain." I said nervously, taking a few steps back.

"Explain?! What are you doing with Minji's music box?" 

"I.."

"Does she know you have it?"

"No..but-" 

"So you stole it!" 

"Sir I didn't!"

    I stood there nervously, I didn't know what I could say for Mr. Kim to believe me. He looked furious, I could almost see steam coming out from his ears. I really didn't steal it, I would never do that. But the fact that Minji doesn't know I have it, isn't helping. 

"No one can steal anything from this house, especially from Minji. You're fired!" 

"Appa! What do you mean fired?!" 

    I turned around to see Minji running down the stairs with a confused look on her face, I couldn't let her see the music box now...

______________________________

    You were currently in your room studying your English textbook, when you heard a loud commotion downstairs, curious, you went out to see what was going on. Leaning over the edge of the stairs you saw Appa and Youngmin in the living room. Appa kept on yelling at Youngmin, and whenever Youngmin tried to speak, Appa would yell some more. You were so confused to what was going on, then you heard Appa say 2 words that gave you a great shock. 

"You're fired!" 

    With a confused mind, and widened eyes, you ran down the stairs. 

"Appa! What do you mean fired?!" 

    Both Appa and Youngmin turned around and looked surprised to see you, Youngmin also had a worried look on his face. He bit his bottom lip and avoided eye contact with you. 

"Why are you firing Youngmin?? You can't fire him!" 

"Yes I can. He stole something from you!" 

    Hearing those words you froze in shock. Youngmin wasn't the person to do that, was he? 

"What do you mean stole..." 

"Isn't this yours?" Appa pointed at the music box on the coffee table. 

    You stared at the box, then at Youngmin, then back at the box. You picked it up in your hands and examined it for awhile. Slowly, you started opening the top of the box, and what you saw made tears form in your eyes. A soft, beautiful melody started playing and the little ballerina in the middle was turning around in circles, dancing to the music. You covered your mouth with one hand to control all the emotions you were going through right now. 

"Youngmin...." you turned to face him and he looked back to you.

"Did you get this fixed for me?" you asked quietly, your voice couldn't go any louder at the moment anyway. 

    Youngmin gave you a small smile then nodded slowly. You carefully placed the box back on the table as a small tear rolled down your cheek. 

"Thank you!" you ran over to him, throwing your arms around him. 

    Youngmin stared down at you, he was shocked that you were hugging him right now, and he didn't know what to do. 

"How did you fix it? I asked Yooncheol to bring it to shops to get fixed, but they all said the model was old and they couldn't do it." 

"Oh, I fixed it myself Miss." Youngmin smiled, nervously scratching the back of his head. 

    You tightened your grip around him, then let go. 

"I can't thank you enough!" you exclaimed. 

"Don't say that Miss." Youngmin bowed. 

    Returning to your music box, you sat down on the couch and opened it. Your unfading smile was stuck on your face as you watched the little ballerina dance. Then a thought dawned on you. 

"Wait, how did you know it was broken?" you asked curiously. 

"A couple days ago, I was about to come into your room to see how you were doing. But before I did, I saw you sitting at your desk. You were holding that box, it looked like a music box to me, but I didn't hear any music playing. You also looked really sad, so I assumed it was broken. The next day when you went to school, I went into your room to get a closer look at it. I saw that the model was a little old, but I knew how to fix it. I was going to ask you if I could bring it home to fix, but then I remembered it was your birthday soon. I knew the music box must be really important to you, so I secretly took it home to fix, and would give it to you as a birthday present." 

"Aww! Thank you Youngmin! This is best present ever!" you happily gave him another hug before running back upstairs to your room. 

______________________________

    Minji looked really happy when she saw that her music box was fixed. It felt nice that something I did made her that happy. After she left, it was just me and Mr. Kim standing alone in the living room. 

"Wow...I'm so sorry for thinking you stole that Youngmin. I thought you stole from Minji when actually you made her very happy." 

"Its ok Sir, I don't mind. Its my fault too." 

"I promise I won't jump to conclusions about you again." Mr. Kim patted my back like he always did, then told me to go upstairs to check on Minji. 

    I obediently nodded, then started heading upstairs. Once I got to Minji's room, I peeked in to see her carefully placing the music box back on the shelf where it belonged. 

______________________________

    After you placed the music box down, you saw that Youngmin was standing at the door. Shooting him a smile, you told him to come in. 

"Youngmin-ah? How did you know how to fix it?" 

"My Umma has a lot of things that are similar to how your music box is made. I always help her fix her things, I guess that's why I know." 

"Thank you again Youngmin. And sorry that you had to get yelled at by Appa." 

    Youngmin smiled at you as he watched you sit down on your bed. 

"It would be better if I gave you that on your actual birthday." he said. 

"That's ok! Its only tomorrow." you happily replied. 

___________________

Honestly, this is a pretty short chapter >< lol

But I didn't know what else I could add.

Well, turns out Youngmin didn't do it! 

It was for your birthday present, isn't that sweet? hehe

​Have a good day everyone ^^ 

Comment and subscribe~!! <33