IX.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wonder if someone really does care for me. I mean, is there really people worried and searching for me? I was the outcast in the first place, does having me stranded really change perspectives? I was hated and looked down upon... Am I still looked that way? Or am I looked differently now that I'm missing. Is there people searching for me, or did they really give up on me with the thoughts of me being dead. Yoogeun...Well Yoogeun was never really expected since his mother was planning to take the family by surprise. His father dead, his mother dead, Yoogeun was an orphan with a beautiful soul.

Minho is another thing. He is Incheon's face, Korea's prince, the nation's sweet heart. Minho could almost reach the popularity of a Kpop idol if he really wanted to... I can bet stars on that. Everybody loved him, both girls and boys. He had the words, the looks, and just the overall existence of him. Who wouldn't care about him? Me, being the outcast and the only one who doesn't care about his life was probably not counted into the vote. For all I know, but I am almost sure of it, there are helicopters and rescue teams looking at every corner of the ocean, trying to find him. Yes, looking for Minho, but not me. Whether he was dead or not, everyone wanted him in sight. I won't be surprised if a helicopter finally lands into this island and claims that he was only searching for Minho.

Talking about landing on the island, will they ever find this stranded place? It's pretty big, but still undiscovered. Honestly, I don't know how I ended up here...  A path from the sky leading me to the survival of my life and Yoogeun's? It's been almost a month and a half, I think? I don't know, keeping count on the days gets tiring when you start loosing hope. But in the end, will we ever be found? Or will we just die here?

"Jinri, go to sleep." His voice was something I got used to already. Other than Yoogeun, I was used to the deep voice of his being the only difference from mine.

A nod was my response, but I sighed against the warm steam of the lightened fire reaching against the high ceiling of the cave made out of pure minerals. "I can't."

"Just try to sleep. We need to wake up early for food, the berries are already running low. We better find something new, or else we'll say goodbye to this life."  His chuckle was bitter, and I agreed to it. What isn't bitter? From our ordinary lives, we are now living on the edge with dirty, ripped clothes and one single pair of undergarments. There was no extensions of food and freshwater in our hands, no water for baths, no money or other people to talk to other than both of us. You could say that we were pretty much miserable.

Again, I sighed. "I can't Minho, I just can't."

His laying figure on the ground silently rose into a sitting position while he leaned against the rock. "Then why not share your reason?" His voice sleepy, his eyes were ready to shut any second.

The dark sky was the hole to the entrance of the cave, but also a source to see stars. "Will we ever be found?" After a few seconds, I turned to find him only looking down in a daze. "I mean, we are stranded. I understand this is an island, but will we ever be found and taken back to our normal lifes?"

"We probably will. I think many rescue teams are on the search for us." Minho looked between the cave's entrance and the fire with sorrow in his aura.

"More like searching for you." I corrected.

"Huh?"

"I don't think anyone is searching for me. I am Choi Jinri right? Why would someone search for me when I was just a burden to the world?" My hand was shaking in frustation, but I still managed myself to scratch Yoogeun's head which was on my lap.

"Don't say that." I looked at him, meeting his eyes. His eyes tense, I only shrugged.

"It's the truth."

"No it's not."

"Oh really now? Then tell me...Why would there be people searching for me?"

"Because you're Choi Jinri." His voice stern, I knew something was off with his eyes. Strong emotions flooded into me immediately at the sight of his hands stiff against the wall. What was he doing? What was Minho doing to me?

With that, I was left speechless and with the strong desire to go to sleep.

It was filthy, obnoxious, and just disgusting to her nose. Her piercing red eyes glaring at the glassed door, her hair maintained in an unhealthy way, her body trembled. Gripping onto the wooden chair with sharp nails, she refrained herself from yelling curses. The mother kept her ears open at the low voices she could clearly hear, every single word being from someone she learned to know as her husband.

"We need to find her. She is my only daughter." A sigh was followed along with a click of a tongue.

"But Sir. it has been more than a month with no single clues." A groan came from the target to the woman's hate.

"Nonsense! We can not just end this. She is out there, I know it."

"Sir., Ms. Jinri has been lost for more than a month. Don't you believe it's time to-"

"She is out there with the Choi's son. I'm almost sure of it!" A crash filled her ears, making her eyes snap shut. Leaning back on the chair, her breaths were shaky while she tried to calm herself down.

"I will find her, if that's the end of it. She's the next generation of me, I can't just let everything end because she is lost. I know she is not dead, Jinri isn't stubborn without a reason. I know my daughter, I know she is alive."

"Rescue teams are looking everywhere Sir. In fact, there is two sets of rescue teams on the job twenty four seven...One set being for Choi Jinri and the other for Choi Minho."

"And there is no clue? Nothing?"

"Nothing."

The mother heard taps of deep thought. After a few seconds she heard a sharp breath. "I have a question for you...Where have they been looking?"

"The area where the shipwreck has taken place."

"Only t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter