XI.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever had that feeling of disgust when you don't shower for a day and the feeling of dirtyness is just plaggued in your body? You feel the body sticky and sweaty, being tortured in disgust? If you have, then imagine having that feeling for more than a month. How does it feel? Oh wait.. I bet you can't imagine that, huh? That was how I had been feeling for a whole month. Dripping yourself in salt water didn't help when salt was stuck once you got out and the dirt was still inside your undergarments. It's horrible.

Washing myself in freshwater was great. Even though I couldn't take away my clothes off because Minho was just a few meters away, also enjoying a clothed bath, I was enjoying the mere sensation of having clear water run through my body. I could dig my head inside with my eyes open without having stinging eyes in the end. I could drink the water and not have the sour taste of salt in my throat and lips. I could do so many more things with freshwater rather than salt water. I could have my own scent after bathing rather than seawater being my odor. 

"Can you handle him now? I already dusted off the dirt from his body... Every single part of it." Minho teased my blushing cheeks as he handed the giggling Yoogeun towards me. The laughing boy met eyes with mine, instantly hugging his body into my arms. I wrapped him securely around me due to the long depths of the pond. It was deep, and just a release on Yoogeun could have him drowning instantly. The boy smiled with my nuzzle onto his forehead while placing  water over his hair for moistness. He splashed a small amount of water, grinning along with me as we enjoyed the moment.

That's when I felt something behind me. I turned, and met with Minho's chest. I tried making eye contact, but he only watched the young boy in my arms. He patted his head softly as the boy splashed quietly in his world. His eyes looking at us with a different persepective, making me tense again. Those eyes...They changed in so many ways. They could be the path to an unknown story. Sometimes sparkling in happiness, glaring in anger, or droopy in exhaustion. But right now...It was unknown to me. They were a mixture of everything. They were soft, tender, and glinting.

Everything slowly became more weird as he finally met eyes with mine. It was tense. More and more tenser than the last time. Things were getting off now, I knew it. Each time, my heart began to pound louder, my skin would heat up, and my anxiety would go up in seconds. I was almost sure Minho was experiencing the same when he would shake his head or widen his eyes at the end. The only difference? Things were getting more serious.

This time, our contact lasted longer and Minho got closer to me. I leaned closer, watching his features come clear against the bright light of the night. His eyes digging a hole into my soul, I slowly grasped onto his shoulder for support. We almost reached to the distance of our noses touching, when we both simoutaneously halted in our actions. I noticed how he slowly began to bite his lip in anxiety, and how I began to tremble in agitation.

Minho was first to move away with a deep breath. He began to move away from me when his hand softly caressed my head in a pat.

Again, his next words had me wobbling in so many mixed emotions.

"Anybody will be lucky enough to have you as the mother of their children. You're going to be a great mother, Jinri."

"You are actually the second person that compliments me, you know?" He turned to me with confused eyes. "I take the mother thing as a compliment." I finished with a secure hold onto the sleeping Yoogeun craddled in my arms. "Nobody really compliments me other than Sohee."

"Who's Sohee?" Minho questioned, and I felt my insides going in alarm. Sohee. She was a secret...Nobody should know about her. Our friendship is hidden. I couldn't bare someone knowing and slowly breaking us apart by voicing the topic to my father. I couldn't imagine the scene of loosing my one and only friend by rumors and prohibations. I can't loose Sohee, I just can't. She was the only person who understood me, complimented me, and actually loved me for who I am. I can't manage having her taken away from me.

In the end, I just shook my head. "Someone." I heaved a sigh in hopes of abolishing the topic. But just to my luck, Minho was the most stubborn person I had ever known besides myself.

"Jinri, who is Sohee?" I shook my head. I tried to get my path away from him, yet he still had the mind of knowing my actions. He grasped onto my shoulders, holding me in place as he smoothly towered me with my tall height meeting his neck as his head bented towards my eye level. I noticed how his spiky black locks were slowly growing as his bangs were beginning to crash onto his forehead slowly. They didn't cover his eyes, but he now owned bangs with his overall hair growing a few centimeters longer. "If you're afraid of me making rumors, don't worry... I'm not that kind of person even if you think I'm a total jerk or-"

"A player that ruins a girl's iy and love life." I couldn't help but snap.

"Or that." Minho rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I'm not that big of a player and you shouldn't assume things when you don't know who I really am."

"But your friends and yourself do assume and make rumors of me when you don't know a single thing about me, huh?" Everything went silent again, and I felt the odd feeling of being guilty. Why should I when I have the whole point? I just did, and it was all due to Minho's sigh. He looked down as he gently began the way back to the main point of the cave, not pushing the to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter