XIX.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everything was spinning. I wasn't used to so much talking, so many voices, so many voices, overall community. My head was just spinning as the helicopter arrived to the ground. Thank the lord, the helicopter's rough sound was popping my ear veins.

It pained me from the inside to see Minho pushed away from me as he was inspected just as I was. We were in far ends of each other, both checked from our pupils to our toes. It was ridiculous. It was even more ridiculous to see Yoogeun also being revised on his body. 

"How does it feel to be back?" The captain took his seatbelt off when the helicopter settled in place. I could only grasp onto Yoogeun tighter when my eyes landed on the familiar sight of paparazzi a few meters from where we were. My eyes squinted at the sight and the bright sun hitting my face, it was getting to the point of being a disturbance.

My eyes turned back to the captain who questioned me. I could bet the stars he was keeping quiet on how paler I was than usual.

"Unappealing" 

 

~         ~        ~

 

 

I was out of the state in mind, it was too much for me. I could only hold onto the boy tighter to me as my feet touched the ground. My bare feet seemed almost allergic to the cement, I had to stand frozen for a few moments before I could actually walk. When I focused myself in place, I was then bombarded with cameras and microphones up my face. My toes turned in circles, but I could just see more and more in my face.

"Choi Jinri you are finally found! What happened? How did you survive?" 

"Jinri how does it feel to be back to the real world?"

"Jinri who is the boy in your arms? Why has Choi Minho with you all this time?"

"Is the boy Minho's child?" 

Some people could just be so stupid. I wasn't even lost for the months of pregnancy yet they had the absurd mind to even ask that. What could I say? I survived because I was smart enough to do so? My mouth was sealed, but my face was dazed, and my mind was just panging louder in the headache that it already had.

That's when I began to feel a tug, and the sight of all the cameras vanishing from my sight. I was being pulled away with my eyes observing the familiar sight of the well dressed males in shades blocking the reporters way from me. 

"Jinri!" With a turn of my head, my blood turned weak and my knees began to wobble while moving slowly towards the sight.

My mother.

I tried to run, or even walk, but she caught up to me in just seconds. My heart began to palpitate at her strong arms wrapping me in her warm hugs. My lungs felt like a new set of oxygen were placed in them when my nostrils in the recognizable scent of her fruity locks of hair. With trembling arms, my hands pulled her deeper to myself. It was mesmerizing, or even something I couldn't believe happening. It was sudden, unannounced and maybe still a blur to me.

Her sobs was all my ear veins could hear, then the wet tears could be felt on my bare shoulder. My mother's whisper's and soothing words of how much she missed me and loved me was everything in my mind rather than the snapping shots of cameras and recorders right besides me. "I'm here, mom." Yoogeun seemed dazed between the squashing hug, but remained silent. For now, he knew I was in a sentimental moment with my mother.

It seemed to fast when she pulled away, making me feel empty. But it all made sense when she smiled softly with her hand interlaced in my fingers. I watched her form stand besides me and the figure of my father before my eyes. For once I could see emotions in his face, and it was one of almost relief. His smile was so grand and lovable, I had never experience before. It suddenly felt like I was imagining this, his face seemed so tired and baggy but that smile and those relieved eyes could overpower myself. I was sure this was a dream when his mouth released a loud sigh and his arms wrapping around mine, for once I could feel the love of a father.

"Oh, Jinri. Your back." His soft words were so calm, yet I knew this was the reality. My hands were shaking as they slowly went across his back, and all I could smell was his familiar scent of a dad. 

Then, my eyes landed to the distance between us. I could see his eyes watching me, and I softly met his even if we were far apart. His smile was all I could see, that amazing smile of his. Tender, soft, and almost hypnotizing. It was his named smile, that small smile that could drive me crazy, and that's all I needed. I smiled back from my father's shoulder and took a deep breath at the pounds of weight that were slowly being removed from my bulky shoulders. 

Minho watched me for moments when we both heard a loud scream. We turned in shock to it's direction, and I could only see Minho being tackled into a large hug of a crying woman. My smile got larger at the woman with the scream, a.k.a. Minho's mother. His father wrapped his long arms around both of them, indulging them into a grand family hug. It was a beauitful scene to see Minho smiling those grand pearls in ecstasy.

I couldn't help it, I was too overwhelmed that I didn't notice my tears falling. One after another they fell, and my father was still holding me against him.

My voice cracked against the falling tears. I'm back, dad. I'm back." 

"Jinri." My eyes looked up to my Mother as she entered my grand bedroom. 

I missed the luxury for once. I missed the ability to sleep in an actual bed that doesn't feel like a rock, but soft like a pillow. I could shower anytime I wish to now, I could brush my hair, change clothes, and even wear shoes! I was barefooted for as long as I remember, it felt weird to wear slippers the first day. 

It was a week now, a week since we were rescued more specifically. We arrived in Naksan, safely, and we were taken into the refugee of our normal lives. We needed some rest for the first few days, so we were left alone... However, we are back to normal and are now back to being expected to be mature once again.

"How are you feeling?" She reached the end of my four poster bed with her soft hand gently patting the fine wood of one of the poles. Her orbs observed my stretching arms with a soft smile and giggled as my legs slowly went out of the blanket, displaying her how I was still in my pijamas even if it was noon by now.

"I'm think the fatigue has gone away, it's just me being lazy." I whined as my back popped when I twisted.

"Good. Cause your father, the world, and I, want to see you back in life!" I laughed loudly when my playful mother tackled me when she launched herself over me. I fell back to the mattress but slowly stood up when she removed herself. I nodded and slowly began to get up from my bed when she grasped my wrist. "Oh no young lady, we need to have a talk. Your father finally went back to work today in the morning." 

Anyhow my brows furrowed. "Talk?" What talk would we even have when I already explained the whole issue of the accident and how I randomly ended up in the island.

"Yes talk. My daughter stuck with Minho. What happened with that boy, young lady?" She smirked.

Instantly, my cheeks turned red with my eyes widening. Waving her off, I began to tug away. "Oh nothing happe-"

"Don't try to dish me with the fake words. I know something happened. Look at yourself!" Her wrist was tight against my hold, pulling me back to the bed. "You are practically glowing in happiness!"

"I can be happy because I'm back, mom." I rolled my eyes.

"But you were always stable, quiet, and stoic. Now it's like you are someone else." My mother could be so smart at times, and I envied that of her. "I know my daughter. And this is not my normal daughter..." She tapped her fingers against the blanket with mischief in her eyes.

"Right now you look like a girl in love. You can't stop smiling like a fool."

"Mom!" 

"You aren't denying it."

I groaned with my palm covering my red face and my sweating forehead. "Because something did happen." My mumble was enough for her to only hear.

This side of my mother was so unknown, and it just got odder when she began to squeal like a little girl. Her smile was so big and full of tease while she slowly got closer to me. "Details, Jinri, details." Her whisper went into my ears with my groan being her response.

Avoiding eye contacts, my long fingers slowly tugged onto my shoulder length locks of hair. "What details, mom? We just had feelings for each other." I heard a slap, and looked up to only see my mother patting the mattress excitedly.

"Did something go over having feelings for each other?"

"He kissed me." My mother's eyes went wide. I hated myself to be telling her this, but I knew there was no other knowing how stubborn she was. And to be honest, it was hilarious to see this side of my mother. It was a side of her I had never seen, and my mom was a trustful person anyways.

"My baby got her first kiss!" Suddenly, she turned to an emotional mess with her gasping and a tear suddenly falling from her cheek. "I can't help but be happy for my daughter."

"Mom don't-"

"First kisses are valuable! And not only that," Next phase of my mom being a total crazy mess at the moment was in action. "You got your kiss by Minho! He is such a handsome young boy!" Cupping my cheeks, I could feel my nose hurting at so much cringling.

"Really mom?" She waved me off with her long arms.

"What else?" 

This wouldn't end right? A sigh went out from my light lips. "He confessed to me and I also confessed my feelings for him."

This was the end of my mother when she began to jump with being covered by her palm. Like a high school girl gossiping over the latest issue, my mother was squealing madly.

"I'm so jealous!" That just had me confused. What did she mean by being jealous.

"Why?" I finished with my eyebrows furrowing deeper than before.

"Your father isn't half as attractive as Minho is! Minho has got to be a keeper, sweetie." I slapped my face with another set of whines and groans. 

"Did something go deeper than that?"

My face was now boiling in redness."Of course not, Mom!" 

What a lie.

A door opened, interrupting my mom's opening mouth. "Omma!" Yoogeun's small figure landed over mine when he ran out from my bathroom after he had told me he needed to use the restroom. I laughed loudly when his small body tackled me to the bed and his hands wiggling all over the air. His laugh was all I could hear when my hands pulled him up to the air, his legs outstretched as if he was swimming in the air.

"Well your not tired anymore, huh?" From the groggy Yoogeun that woke besides me with a contorted face of needing the restroom, now he changed to the normal ball of excitement. I smiled against his nod and patted his head. "Okay, why not go downstairs and have breakfest with Taeyeon unnie?" Taeyeon was our youngest worker of the house, and to be exact, she was our professional chef since my parents never had the time to cook. However the catch is, Unnie was always a love to me since she could practically be my second mother. I was lonely in my young years, but she always had someway to make me smile and treat me comfortably. She made me have fun in my house with her ideas, and always showed me affection. Now, with Yoogeun along, Taeyeon was the fondest one of the workers towards the boy. She loved Yoogeun to no end, it was obvious. Anyhow, not that someone hated him like I was afraid so, everyone is so attracted to him like a magnet.

The toddler's head snapped in wide eyes when I mentioned Taeyeon and nodded enthusiastically. He began his way down the bed when he eyes my mother. "Halmonim!" Hugging my mother before stepping down the bed, I coud see my mother giggling madly at his open mind. To Yoogeun, everyone was his family now but I understood why. 

"That boy is a love." My nod was all I could give while eyeing him running out of the bedroom with his chubby legs. "However, Sulli...What are you going to do now?" 

My brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... The boy is calling you his mother. We adore the boy, but are you really taking this all so serious? Are you really keeping him?"

"I don't see why not. I'm attached to him now, and even if I didn't love him, I'm all he has now mom. Both his parents passed away, and his family is almost unknown to this. And honestly, Yoogeun doesn't deserve to live in poverty. It will pain me to have him taken away from me." I finished with a pleading exhale of breath.

My mom sighed. "It's just that-"

"If it's about my father, don't worry. We already talked about this, and for once he agreed on my opinions. He allowed me to do my own decision in this since this is my problem and not his." My father tried to cover up that facade, but I'll tell you all the real reason behind that. My dad was almost hypnotized to Yoogeun. I had never seen my father so attached to something. His smile was so big when the small boy called him out as a grandfather and when he go looks for my father to go buy ice cream at the corner store. I would've never thought of my dad being so lenient on me, but I found right after I found him laughing along with the young boy being carried on his shoulders. 

"Oh no, your father told me last night about your conversation with him." My mother giggled as if she also thought the same about my dad being so affectionate to a young kid. "Your father is almost on your side, and I am too. We have no problem on you keeping the child since it's your problem. But, we do have some issues." She nipped her lip.

"It's the fact that everyone will think that kid is also Minho's son." My mother sighed. "He practically called Minho 'Appa', before we left and he has asked you for Minho in such terms. Don't you think it's going to start rumors?"

"Let them start."

I could just see her eyes roll. "Don't be idiotic, Jinri. This is serious. Your the next heir to Busan and Minho is the next in line for Incheon, you two aren't two normal college students that are not known in the world. Both of you are always on the news, just like the rest of the kids in the social circle. Of course, issues are going to come out when they find out how the boy is addressing you two as."

I hated her sense, because it was the plainful truth. She said just the correct words to what I was afraid of. What would we even do? Yoogeun will surely be exposed to the world soon. He can't be trapped in this house forever like I was, he would soon be found. It's going to rise eyebrows and questions, and even more mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter