V.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all began with clouds. Wonderful clouds penetrating with such elegance. From pink, purple, blue, orange, turquoise, and pearl white, the clouds were all the colors I could name, some were softer than others. One could be soft like a pillow, while the other was soft like a baby's fresh skin. Some were steep, some bouncy, and some just stable, my feet experienced it all. I didn't fail to notice the change of my clothing from dirty and ripped cloths to a perfect white dress. My hair long, yet I treated it as if I didn't take it for granted, just like usual. My emotions inside were flooding in confusion, yet from the outside I was extremely happy. My eyes darted to all places, clashing against the large rays of sunlight when a single cloud caught my attention. While all clouds were livid and alive, that single black cloud was isolated. My heart clenched.

Like the cloud, I was isolated. Like it's color, I contrasted badly to society. While every colorful cloud was together in a tight ball of softness, that lonely cloud seemed to be crying in misery. Like the solemn dark cloud, the only chance of it surviving was the sun just like my Mother. Words couldn't explain how much I related to the said cloud and immediately I was passionate over it. I was determined to changing the cloud into something different than me rather than leaving it to suffer like my hidden emotions. My feet bounced from one cloud to another, almost endless to reach the distant cloud. I reached it, and leisurely I observed it's beautiful soul hidden from the outside cover. Like every dark cloud everyone hated, there was always something beautiful inside the dark cloud such as the wanted rain everyone loved. A broken crooked smile conveyed my thin skin with no words being said as the barefooted toes landed onto the said cloud. 

Instead of pleasure, I felt pain. The touch was rough, stinging my sensitive skin like pins and needles. I screamed in pain, yet the flowing crimson liquid of blood didn't stop, and my body gave up. I wanted it to stop, for everything to stop. It did, yet the hole made in the cloud had me falling to what seemed to be a miserable dark hole rather than the livid hole besides it. From sunlight to darkness, I experienced darkness. A single tear shedded from my right iris while watching the dark cloud remaining in it's spot, isolated, alone, nobody helping, avoided, and abandoned.

Just like the black cloud, I, Choi Jinri, was broken into the world of being the outcast.

Just like an outcast, I, Choi Jinri, kept falling to misery.

I gasped, hard. It was like I had lost breath in my dream, which was horrible. My insides were twisting and turning, yet my body shaked in fear. Where was I? The headache quickly vanished, leaving my eyes to wander. Green, everywhere green. From high trees, to grassy lands, I was surrounded by green until the pang of realization came into mind. I was in the stranded island. I began to stand up when my body trembled. I was out of energy, and my legs were weak. My stomach rumbled in hunger and a migraine came to replace my forehead. I groaned, and instantly began to look for a spot to sit in.

That was when a warm hand grasped onto my arm, I turned almost alarmingly and met with the familiar large hazel eyes. Once displayed in teases and mocks, now showing worry and concern. It was a change, but a nice change for my eyes to actually enjoy. His sweet smile that crept up his chin had me almost fainting. My skin crawled, leaving my trembling body to be more tense than it already was.

"You're up." His voice wasn't questioning, yet he was surprised. I nodded, but my body was burning in exhaustion. I bented my knees in resistance, making my height shorter than usual. I noticed his eyebrows furrowing in what seemed confusion, when his hazels landed to my legs. He noticed my shaky breaths, and immediately wrapped my arm around my shoulder for support, taking me to the nearest rock to sit on. I appreciated his tenderness of setting me into a nice, large yet soft rock rather than the sharp and rough one besides it, but my body ached all over.

"I guess the snake really took everything out of you, huh?" His teasing remarks came back, but my glare signaled him it was not the time for jokes. His sigh rang in my ears, yet his sturdy body leaned over mine as he sat besides me. I took deep breaths to calm myself and my hurting figure to hopefuly take it away. It did, and slowly I came back to normal with the exception of being tired.

I turned to his eyes. "Thank you." I was being sincere. Instead of leading me to my death, Minho actually saved me. It sounded cheesy, but he did. Out of all people, why would he save me when we both almost kills our guts? Yes, it was a miracle we hadn't argued as much as we usually do, but that he actually granted me my life had me speechless. My heart began to oddly accelerate, and my skin turned warm in it's senses. 

His chuckle went into my ear veins. "Thank me for what? Saving you?" My nod only made his smile bigger. "I should thank you. You were the smart one who actually heard the sound and had me prepared. If it wasn't for you, we would've all been dead by now." His eyes turned behind his back, "Right, kid?" My eyes instantly snapped behind his back and noticed a livid Yoogeun hanging loosely over his back. My eyes widened to my lack of thoughts. How could I have forgotten over Yoogeun?! I wanted to slap myself, but Yoogeun's wide eyes met mine. His small eyes showed of fear towards my shaking body, I knew he was afraid of my health. I smiled to assure him I'm alright, and automatically his own smile lightened his small brown eyes. His hand reached for me to grab a hold onto him as if begging to. 

I didn't hold back and excitedly brought my hands up to the boy's torso, I swung his small body towards me in playfulness while earning myself wild laughs from the young boy's mouth. I setted him on my lap, bouncing my thighs slowly for his body to jump excitedly much to his fondness. Yoogeun giggled and laughed in response, his glinting eyes looking deeply into mine. I forgot how much I missed the little boy, but he was back in my arms. In such a few days, Yoogeun had become an adoration to me. His small toddler hands slowly hugged my stomach while his nose sniffed deeply into me. I knew I smelled horrible, we all did, but his nose was almost fascinated with my scent.

"What's his name?" I turned, forgetting the fact Minho was besides me. His eyes instantly penetrated into mine, showing softness and almost fondness. I was instantly hypnotized. What was he doing to me? This isn't the Minho I know. Why were his eyes so full of emotion rather than the hateful look he usually throws me? He looked between Yoogeun and I, smiling his toothy smile to Yoogeun. His smile was full in white pearls, so handsome yet so mature. Yoogeun was mesmerized as I, with him smiling back to the male.

"Yoogeun. Jung Yoogeun." I soothed the boy's hair while his hands wrapped tightly around my stomach.

"Yoogeun." Minho said softly as if memorizing the name. "Such a different name for a handsome boy, huh kid?" Minho teased the boy who immediately laughed at Minho's funny face.

The moment we were having was actually pleasent, and sweet. If it wasn't for my stomach rumbling loudly, much to my embarrasment, everything would've stayed like it was. 

Minho's eyes landed onto my stomach, up to my face in pure mock. "Hungry?"

"Very."

"Come, follow. I saved some for you." Minho stood from the rock, waiting for me to walk behind. I noticed his cheeky smile that was odd for my senses. He was smiling as if he won something, yet I didn't know. I looked deeper, but quitted at the lack of figuring out.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter