I.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being the Daughter of Busan's Governor isn't as easy as it sounds. Yes, there's money, fame, and everything in the world. Well not everything in the world, but you can say similar. Anyhow, being the daughter of Busan's governor is something I wish to trade with someone who belongs to an ordinary life.

I was raised with harsh words. I always have rules on how to dress, speak, and act. In a way, you could say I'm a robot. I get told what to do, and I do it. Many people want my life. But once they get the view of how it really is behind the cameras and fake facades, I'm almost a hundred percent sure they will all the words back into their mouths. Who would want to be a person that never really had a joyful childhood? I did have a childhood, if you count newspaper articles as kids' books and daily news broadcasts' as a child's favorite TV show, which of course wasn't. But what could I say? I was a lonely girl raised by a father who is almost a maniac on how the world views him, and his family.

Somehow, being sent off to my mother for a while is some sort of vacation for me, even if I'm going to be sent just for the purpose of learning the tactics that each Korean female should know. Such as, cooking, cleaning, and doing the daily chores a woman does. Why is my mom away from my father? Not only was she a housewife, but also the ambassador of Naksan. Due to Naksan being a bit far from Busan, my mother has been locally transferred to Naksan for the time being of her position. It was hard at first, but I eventually got used to the daily calls and text messages from her. My mother is the only reason why I'm surviving. Her loving words and her daily advices are the cures for the harsh words I frequently get restricted with. My father does love me in some way possible even though he doesn't show it, but his lack of being affectionate towards me doesn't help my lonely soul. In a way, I can't help but be excited at the thought of arriving to Naksan and run away from this miserable boat that I'm currently stuck with the spoiled and naggy children of other governors around Korea.

I don't know if all these teenagers mainly around my age really are spoiled and rotten, but I will never really get the chance to meet them. I mean, who would want to even speak with the outcast of the social group around the politic group of children next in line for the generation of Korea? I tried to fit in, but being raised and scolded for every little mistake I have done in my life has made me a bit insecure of myself. My only friend has been the daughter of the local corner store's owner from my neighborhood in Busan, Sohee. She's as quiet as a ghost, but with me being the lonely and shy girl that I am, we both crashed together with too many common things I always loose count with. Sohee and I have been best of friends ever since our age of ten. Our friendship has always been a secret, with me taking quite a long time each day 'buying' milk or bread in the local corner shop where I'm only found chatting with Sohee for hours. I don't know if my parents ever wondered my long escapades, but then again, their piles of papers each day in their offices at home can answer my question. Our friendship has grown, but it still remains as something only us two know, and I want to keep it that way. I can't imagine the horrible things my father will do if he ever realizes my friendship with a 'commoner' as he so much directs them overall. Just thinking about it gives my nose an ugly cring.

My mind was suddenly snapped away from my daily life by the loud roars of laughter. I looked up from the usual book I had recently been reading after picking it out from my father's library in the fourth floor of our home and regretted from doing such decision. 

It was the usual. I should really get used to it and just ignore each single laugh that comes from the lips. It was the common laughs of humor from all types of teenagers that I can not name due to my lack of good memories. They were all unique and good looking in a way. Then again they were all children of governors, there is always a way to be good looking. They were attractive, but their way of laughing was something I utterly hate. It wasn't the sound of their laughs, but the matter that they were laughing at me. How did I know? It was pretty obvious when some were pointing their index fingers in my direction and almost all eyes were directed towards me.

Ever since I became the outcast, I became the joke and funny remarks for them. Just a peak of me, and I was drowned with obnoxious laughs and plain insults on my way of appearance. Not that I dressed horribly, I dress just as modern as they all do, but they all just do it for the same excuse. To plainly make fun of me or fit in with the rest of idiots around them.

My eyes rolled as usual, even if my heart was begging for tears to fall. Obviously, I wouldn't show them my weakness. I learned my way of life the hard way, and learned to be strong. I will always be the outcast, and I need to remain controlled with the feelings that are a wall around my heart. By remaining strong, my hands quickly snapped the thick chapter book close in a rather, loud sound. I ignored their laughs ringing louder at my simple action, and stood up from the white bench besides the rails where I was enjoying the breeze of the sea before my afternoon was ruined.

My shades placed to hide my eyes, I quickly took a peak of their laughing faces when I noticed the single person who only rolled her eyes in annoyance. Her eyes quickly penetrate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter