VI.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His laughing wouldn't stop. It went from low to high pitches, making my chest crunch more at the sound not stoping. I whispered to myself to stay strong, nothing was going to happen, I couldn't allow myself to break down. His laughing wasn't helping and his mocking finger was torturing me. I hid my face with the short strands of hair falling over my figure kneeling on the cold grass. A single pearl shinning against the night, showing a new dim of sadness. It was horribly broken, missing pieces, teared chains and pieces, it was hopelessly now seen as another piece of depression into my soul.

Why did he have to do such thing in  a horrid way? I didn't see his joke wrong, but his way of turning  things into overpassing limits caused sadness to others. Okay, others meaning as in me, but couldn't he see that not every single person in this world likes his ways of life? I watched the necklace with such emotion, trying every single wit of me to hold in the sob wanting to reach out from the tight ball on my throat.

"God, that's funny." His teasing remark was almost the end to me, but his sigh suggested the end. My body was frozen in the spot that I completely ignored the worried toddler who would peek under the curtain of my hair with his wide eyes searching my empty dark eyes. I was out of it, I knew it. Don't blame me, the necklace was not only valuable, but had a special story behind it.

"Hey, you okay?" Finally, the hypocrite's voice of worry went into my hurting ears. I wouldn't give him the mercy of letting him have his way, and only remained quiet. Not that I had the guts to, I was ready to cry for hours if I spoke a word.

His legs came closer to my knees, and the soft kick onto my calf was harsh for my trembling legs. "Oh come on, take a joke." His voice sounded irritated, but I ignored his own ignorance. "Are you really that much of a boring girl?" His voice was teasing me, not helping my low self-esteem.

"It's not that." My whisper came out broken. "My N-Nec-Necklace." I tried so hard not to show a hint of pain in my voice, barely managing my own emotions.

"Oh come on, diva queen." His voice came out exasperated in my senses. "We are stuck on a damn island, and you complain over a stupid necklace? How much was it? Three hundred dollars? Damn, I never knew you were just a greedy girl with the only importance being an awful necklace? Jinri, we are in a stranded island, I was just trying to bring some fun in here. Then again, you were never a fun person but a person that only cares about a stupid necklace. Get over it." My mind hardened at his idiotic words. He didn't know a single thing about me, but he still had the guts to assume things that just don't make sense. My hands balled into fists, and my back started to ache in anger.

"Who even uses pearls these days? Oh wait, loner Jinri does, I forgot." He was going over the line. "Have fun for once. Or is that too much to ask a loser like you?" That was it.

I glared. My hands combed back the light strands of hair covering my face and I threw daggers into him. My tears seemed to have him shocked while his steps went back slowly. I was treated badly, but this was almost my breaking point of the story. Nobody has told me things in front of me, but him. Minho has the magic to break me more deeply than I already am. "You don't know a single thing about me, don't make assumptions. You should've payed attention to school manners instead of saying words that could hurt others. Have you ever heard of not touching what is not yours?" I stood up, reaching him in seconds. His eyes were clueless but his body stiff. "You don't know how much that necklace meant to me." I brought the single pearl that was lonely as it could be, and left it on his hands. "You don't know how much I wish to kill you." I laughed bitterly no matter how much my tears wouldn't stop.

"Why are you making such a big deal out of a necklace?" He couldn't be any more stupid, right?

However, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Don't you get it?! You are so stupid, it makes me wonder how so many people see you as a god." I stepped closer to him. "Not only did you break the necklace, but you broke a part of me. Not that you care, right? You already did many things that has me in a living hell. But this, I will never forgive you." I was angry, my face turning crimson red. "This necklace was the last thing my grandmother gave me as a gift. Just enough for your little brain to understand, yes she passed away. She had cancer, and it took her away from me. The necklace was the last, and by last I meant last thing I ever had from her." Sulli wiped the tears away from her cheeks, no matter how much they kept falling. Her voice cracked, yet she didn't care. "Thank you, Minho." Her voice flooded with sarcasm.

"I didn't know that it-" His voice was nervous, but I brought a single hand up in the air to stop his pity. The least I needed was to be pitied.

"I don't need fake words. It won't help, you did what you did." I sniffed before turning. "I need some time alone. I'll be by the shore like before." I gave Yoogeun a pat on the head before turning away from him. My shoulders shook at the irresistible cries my mouth wanted to release.

I left him dumfounded, yet my anger for him was inevitable.

"Just don't forget the fact I won't forget you over this. I hate you so dang much. I hate you to the most end of this world."

"Was it really that bad?" Minho's voice ringed the quiet bushes whistling through the wind as his eyes scavenged the area. The penetrating thought wouldn't leave with him agreeing and disagreeing to his own words simoutaneously.

In the end, his head shook. "She is just butthurt, that's all. Like every girl, she must be seeing things like a drama, right kid?" Minho looked down onto the walking boy playing happily with the wooden stick in his hand, poking at every single object his eyes layed upon. Yoogeun simply looked up emotionless, no sides given and a shrug as his answer. The boy wasn't picking sides, smart. Minho grinned. "You are a smart kid. I was just like you, I remember." The boy laughed almost as if not believing what he just said. Minho felt offended and raised an eyebrow. "What? You don't want to be like me? Did you know that every girl wants to be with me? I'm really that handsome, maybe you'll get my looks." He finished with a cocky pose of his blazing muscles. 

Anyhow, he didn't expect the boy's indifferent expression. Minho froze with his smile wilting at the boy's simple hand pointing to the east side, the sea shore. Yoogeun's smirk, questionable shrug, and the raising eyebrows had Minho sighing.

"She's an exception." A roll of his eyes came along. "She's really creepy according to society. I don't know if it's real, but I do know she's a real bookworm and silent bird." Yoogeun was pushing him with his expression. "Aish, she's a looker I know, but she's not easy. Why try to get someone so stubborn and boring? To be honest, she takes things too seriously." Yoogeun shook his head almost d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter