XII.

The Lost Figures of Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho's father ran his hands over the small portion of soft hair in his head. White hairs slowly springing out to everyone's eyes, the man sighed. "I don't know about this, Choi. More money and funds will have to be given out for a ten percent chance of finding our kids. Not only that but news and rumors are going to fly out." He sighed at the overcoming stress that had been taking a toll on him. "Why couldn't they make it? Minho just needed a single interview with Naksan's democrats, only one. Why couldn't he make it?" A slap to the desk, the man ran his palm over his tired face.

"I understand you, Min-Jun. Jinri just needed to reach her mother but she didn't make it. But there can still be a chance. Do you really think our children are that stupid to just give up and die? I'm almost positive they are somewhere out of our boundaries. We just need to explore deeper into the sea." Sulli's father bit his lip nervously. "I am almost positive they found something which they are stuck in right now."

"And what if they're not?" Minho's father was uncertain.

"Are you hoping for our children to be dead?" 

"I'm not. I'm just facing the high risk of reality even if I do not wish to. How much Jinri was your only daughter, Minho was my only son."

"Then let's fight..." Sulli's father brought a hand. "Let's make a deal. We raise the salary for the rescue teams to search other locations and further the ocean. If there is nothing by the end of this year, I will pay you back all the budget that was given to the rescue team." He earned a stare from the exhausted governor of Incheon.

"And what if they are found?" He shook his hand uncertainly yet determingly.

"Then I will face you with my daughter and tell you 'I told you so.'

The day was dangerously horrible. It was almost raining cats and dogs and the wind could literally blow Yoogeun away. The boy cried in fear when the wind pulled his small hand away from mine, but Minho quickly grasped onto the boy with his body crashing into Minho's strength. The boy cried in fear while his head went into the male's chest. I had flinched in pain when a branch was swinging everywhere against the wind and crashed into half my cheek and my shoulder. The sting felt like a whip and Minho was right besides me as he softly inspected my injury against the horrible weather. He was worried, but the look in his eyes met mine in agreement.

We needed to get to the cave. Soon.

It would take us at the least, ten minutes from our far distance. We opted to run as the thunder came in next with the loud strikes fearing Yoogeun even more. Minho grasped onto my arm tightly as if afraid of loosing me. I looked around everywhere for assurance and stopped Minho when I viewed the branch of a tree breaking. I yanked Minho against me, his back crashing into my chest as we watched the branch fall beyond our eyes. 

Our wide eyes ran through the place as much speed we had while running. We were walking peacefully an hour ago, but now the weather turned upside down. I won't lie on how slowly my stomach was twisting in fear. The island was getting dangerous with the climate.

"We're almost there. Hang in there." I nodded no matter how much my shoulder was stinging. I'm always the cautious one, but in this weather I couldn't see anything.

Soon, we reached the limit of eye-sight on the cave. We almost reached safety when again, I got injured. I was being so clumsy! I felt a root trap my leg and I yelled in pain at the thorns digging into my skin. The thorns ripping into my skin, I fell as my right leg began feeling numb in pain. There was no time to stop as Minho quickly bended down to remove the root from my left. He seethed at the thorns plucking his skin, but successfully broke it loose.

I stood up but my leg gave out. I wobbled slowly as I felt myself falling when Minho threw his hand around my waist. I reached for him as I slowly stumbled with one leg. Quickly as I could, I limped towards the cave a few feet away. It seem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter