II. The End

My All

It was a week after Minho and Jessica's issue. Yes, it went viral. The fact that Minho is every girl's dream guy, and Jessica is the campus' queenka, it's more than enough reason for people to give a about them. 

However, Taemin haven't spoken with Minho since then. He never showed in front of the boy, he never texted, he never asked. Minho was waiting for Taemin's confrontation all week. He feels that if Taemin doesn't want to hear anything from him, it's his right. After doing a big mistake to his boyfriend, he just can't gather enough courage to face the boy. As much as he wanted to see Taemin, Minho knows it's close to impossible. As much as he missed his calls, he knows Taemin won't call. He doesn't even send him a text message.

The coming days got even harder for Minho. He wakes up early without his alarm clock's voice, he goes to school without seeing his favorite face, no one's texting him from time to time, no one is helping him in his school works, no one's choosing what clothes he'll wear, no surprises in the most normal day, no one to cuddle with, no one to talk to, he feels as if he has no one

That moment, everything hits Minho. Hard. He realized how much his life was all about Taemin. No matter how popular he is, no matter how many girls are squealing because of him, no matter how many are trying so hard to be friends with him (to atleast have a share of his limelight), no matter how many girls try to hit on him, he has no one

 

 

Taemin tried so hard to avoid Minho. Everything just feels so painful right now, he didn't know how he could face Minho without looking so weak and hurt because as of the moment, he was everything but okay. His insecurities are eating him up alive. He's not ready. He's not ready to hear Minho's reasons, he's not ready to know what happened that night, he can't accept the possibility that this could be the end of his fairytale. He can't even fix himself, how could he even face the one who broke his heart? He told himself he had enough. He didn't gave all his love for someone to end up broken into pieces. Enough is enough.

The next days were easier than what Taemin expected. He coped up to school, after failing all of his quizzes last week. He finally got to talk to his friends again after a week of secluding himself and literally not talking to anyone. He finally gained some of his weight back after almost being into a hungerstrike just because he had no appetite. Everything is getting better, he was feeling better, that's what he thought. He thought if things continue to go smoothly, he'll eventually move on. But is moving on really possible even without a proper closure?

Just when he thought life is in his favor, he never knew a simple text message could crash all his efforts in escaping his biggest nightmare, Minho.

From: Minho Hyung

Can we talk?

The dream he once lived had turned into his most painful nightmare. The thought of Minho alone, breaks him. More than the fact that he could've done things only god knows with Jessica, the mere thought of Minho not even doing anything for a month hurts even more. He's been lied to, he's been taken for granted. And the fact that it took more than a month for Minho to finally do something, it feels like he meant nothing to the person who was once his world.

"Closure is the first step in moving on, Lee Taemin." He told himself.

To: Minho Hyung

Later 5pm, cafeteria in front of my school.

 

 

 

Taemin went to the cafeteria without any idea of what's going to happen. He haven't thought if he should consider forgiving the person who once meant to be his world, or should he end everything the moment they stark talking and tell Minho they're officially over and that he can't forgive him? As much as he was hurt, he knows it's best if he would listen to Minho first. After all, he waited for a month for this day. The day he finally got up back from his biggest downfall, atleast. The day he doesn't look so fragile and weak. The only time that it was Minho, who initiated their meeting. For the first time.

The moment he saw Minho, he froze. Taemin was in deep thoughts, is he really ready? Is he really emotionally stable? Won't he really break down in front of him? He realized he was ok, he can do this. That's what he thought.

He slowly approaced Minho's table, sitting accross him. It was awkward. Taemin just sat there, having the most emotionless face, stern, Minho coughs awkwardly, if only a blackhole could eat him up right now because this was the hardest moment of his life. He don't know how to start, how could you tell your life you ed up hard?

"Hi..."

"Look Minho, if you think I'm here to chitchat with you, no." Minho was taken aback, never did Taemin talked to him in a cold manner. All thoughts of Taemin being understanding, being able to listen, was all gone. Seeing Minho made him remember all the pain he's been through all month. All the efforts he exerted just for the two of them, and how all the trust they built together were shattered

"Tae--- Taemin, look I'm sorry."

Taemin scoffs. "Ofcourse you were."

"That night... I swear Jessica---"

"Save it, Minho. I don't even wanna hear it." Images of what could've possibly happened that night were flashing on Taemin's head and the idea of hearing it straight out from Minho, he just don't think he can even bare the pain.

"Tae--"

"It was more than a month ago! Do you really think it would matter if you told me what happened that night? Do you really think after this conversation ended, after I hear out your explanation, everything would go back to normal?"

Trying his best not to cry, Minho gathered all the courage left in him to ask the most painful question in his life. "Are you really ending us right now?" The only thing he could do is hope for a ing miracle that Taemin will still choose to stay in his life.

"It's not me, it's you who ended us, a month ago." He closed his eyes, afraid that he won't be able to bare the pain of seeing Minho cry in front of him. The pain of seeing your once world shattering in front of your own eyes. He grabbed his things, and stood from his chair. He was supposed to pass by Minho, but the latter grabbed his arm, trying with his last strand of hope. All he wants right now is for the person who loves him the most not to give up on him. Everything between them was complicated but Taemin's love for him is enough of a reason to make whatever they had to survive for years. They had something special, the two of them would only understand. It was Taemin's love that held them together, it was Taemin's understanding that bonds their relationship, it was Taemin's sweetness that gave them some spice, everything lasted because Taemin tried his best for the both of them.

 "Taemin, please." His jaw locked, trying hard to stop his tears from falling. They both remained silent, the few seconds that feels like a lifetime.

"I've loved you hard enough, I forgot to think about my self. No matter how much I want to stay in your life right now, I can't. I'm shattered into pieces. How can I still love you when you're the one who broke my heart?" He pushed Minho's hold off his arm slowly, turning his back and taking the path opposite "his world".

 

And it's goodbye.

 

 

Summer had ended, it was another school year ahead of students in Panjak University. It was the first day of school. First day of Minho's Junior Year. "Minho!! Minho!" Jonghyun, Minho's friend were rushing off him as if it was a life and death situation. Catching his breath the moment he saw his friend, Minho looked at him waiting for the reason he's running for his life.

"You wouldn't believe who I saw in the first year's building, arts." Minho looked at him with the most obvious come-on-spill-it-already-I'm-waiting-for-an-answer look but his friend wouldn't just get it. "The , Jjong... who?"

"Don't be too surprised! You can't pass out! You can't be depressed either. Just get a hold of yourself, promise?" Jonghyun said, almost stumbling in his words. He personally witnessed how destroyed were Minho during the first few weeks of his break up with Taemin and he can't blame the boy. He was also there when Taemin was all over Minho, giving him everything, doing everything to him. If there was a person who finds their relationship coming to an end, a pity, it was Jonghyun.

Minho smacked Jonghyun's arms a little. "Yah! It's you who needs to calm down, will you?"

"Do you have a tissue? Or a handy medicine that could make you calm down because I swear when you see Tae---" And it hits him. He turned pale, mouth open in gape, thousand thoughs running in his mind, he actually don't know what to think, how to think. Minho stood there, with his mind all blank. Why did it not cross to him? Why did he not think of it? He should've knew it from the start. He should've get it from Jonghyun's actions. If only he had even the slightest thought it would be Taemin, he should've stopped Jonghyun from mentioning the name. Because he, himself is not even sure if he really moved on yet. "...Taemin."

 

 

And it marks the hardest days of Minho's moving on.