VII. Blame The Pain

My All

Taemin woke up earlier than usual the next day. Ever since he stopped going to Minho’s house every morning, he paid no attention in waking up early. His usual routine was have his shower right after waking up, wear the first set of clothes he grabbed from his cabinet, run his way down stairs to grab a bottle of milk and the sandwich his mother packed and leave the house. Combing his hair and last grooming shall be done in the bus on his way to school.

But today was totally a different scenario. He changed his clothes for the 612537612th time, trying not to look too dressed up but not too casual either. He ended up on a black tee under a denim button up (which was left open), a pair of white jeans and dark brown loafers.

He went down stairs almost fifteen minutes earlier than usual, making his mother surprised. He asked her to pack an extra sandwich for him, and he got two bottles of milk from the fridge too. “Sharing with someone?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“Yea, a new friend is picking me up on his way to school.” Technically, his house is actually out of the way to school from Kai’s home. He just doesn’t want his mother to ask any more questions.

He seated by the living room, fiddling his phone while waiting for Kai’s text but a car horn was heard from outside. Taemin almost ran his way outside the door but realized he should act normal thus he suddenly slow his pace down to normal. He was excited, yes. He was nervous, yes. It was the first time he’s formally “going out” with someone after Minho. He actually spent his night thinking if they’re considered boyfriends. Are they dating? Exclusively dating? He ended up calming his mind down by categorizing his relationship with Kai to be on the getting to know each other stage.

 

He hopped in Kai’s car, shotgun and directly faced the front without even greeting his friend making Kai chuckle. He finds him cute. Taemin being shy is cute, Taemin being awkward is cute, his smile is cute. “Good morning.” He said.

 

Taemin didn’t even looked at him. His cheeks now turning pink, he extended his arms to Kai giving him the packed sandwich he brought. It was an egg sandwich. And Kai won’t eat it because apparently, it’s not on his diet.  “Thanks but I’m keeping an eye on my diet.”  Kai said as he put aside the sandwich Taemin gave him.

 

Taemin suddenly remembered Minho. Of all the people why Minho?

 

It was their first date after being officially boyfriends. Taemin went to Minho’s place one afternoon, packed sandwich and snacks with him. He was so happy for it’s their first week celebration of being together. All smiles and giddy, he gave his hyung the sandwich he personally made. “Here, I made it. You should try it and tell me if it’s delicious!” He said while giving Minho the packed bread.

“This is… shrimp?” Minho hysterically said at his first bite, the piece of bread almost out of his mouth already. Taemin looked at him with much concern and panic drawn all over his face. “Did you not… like it?” He said with his almost crying face.

Minho panicked. “No, no. It’s not like that.”

“Does it… taste weird?” He cried. And Minho wanted to punch himself right at that moment. Few minutes ago his Taemin was all happy. How could he make him cry? He personally made the sandwich, how could he disappoint his baby.

He swallowed the bread in his mouth and frantically tried to calm Taemin down. “It’s not like that Tae. I’m just asking. And it’s delicious!” He smiled before taking another bite. You’re doomed Minho, you’re really doomed.

“Really?” And the sunshine in Taemin’s smile was back.

They watched DVDs that afternoon in Minho’s room, cuddling in his bed. Few minutes later, Taemin realized there were red spots on Minho’s face. “Hyung, you have rashes on your face.” The younger said while touching the red marks on his lover’s face gently. “Does it sting? Does it hurt? Is it itchy?”

“It’s fine, Tae. It’s fine. I could just have some anti allergies later.” Minho said like it was expecting it to happen. Anti allergies? Taemin panicked but at the same time he’s confused. Minho is allergic to shrimp and he knew, but he still ate the sandwich. “Oh my god! Don’t tell me…”

Minho smiled but just shrugged it off. He even signaled Taemin to look at the TV and continue watching. Taemin hugged him tight, his face on Minho’s chest. “Why didn’t you tell me you were allergic to shrimps, pabo.” He said while literally sniffing his tears. Minho felt his shirt wet and stained.

“You’re crying?” He pulled Taemin from his chest to take a better view of his face. “Stop crying.” He said while wiping his stained cheeks with his thumb. “You were so happy when you arrived here and I saw the sad look from your face when you thought I wouldn’t like it and I don’t want to see you cry so please don’t cry.” He continued without any hesitation from looking straightly in Taemin’s eyes. As sweet as the moment be, all he earned was a hard slap in his arms. “Awww! What’s that for?”

Taemin gave him a glare, a glare full of love. If it’s even possible. “You’re so stupid! You could’ve died Minho, it could’ve gone worse! Are you not thinking? Oh my god, you’re such an--” And the younger’s nag was stopped with a kiss, a short one.

“You could just ask mom for anti allergies because you know… it’s itchy.” Minho said as he raised his shirt and showed Taemin the rashes all over his stomach and chest, too.

 

He wandered in his daydream, a sweet one. He didn’t even realized they were at the school parking already.

“Taemin? Taemin? Are you listening?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. What were you saying?”

“I’m asking if you would attend the campus party tonight.”

“The welcome party for first years? I’m still not sure.”

“Well you should be since you’re coming with me.”

 

 

Taemin dressed up in a navy blue v-neck shirt (the neckline more revealing than usual) emphasizing his milky toned chest, and paired it white skinny jeans making his body shape a giveaway; every part of him transparent in anyone’s eyes. He was confident, and he’s feeling it. He was excited, of course. He loves attending parties, he loves dancing, he loves the feeling of being intoxicated with alcohol, he loves dressing up in a y manner, revealing everything about him that’s attractive.

“You look so… y.” The first four words that escaped Kai’s mouth upon seeing him and Taemin loved it. He loves being complemented. Kai fetched him from home that night and they drive their way together in the campus. He held his hand upon approaching the party area and Taemin honestly felt butterflies in his stomach. It wasn’t that strong to call it love but definitely, there is something.

Before they reached the campus grounds, party venue, Minho once again crossed his mind. He hated it. He was suppose to feel the night with Kai, to focus about Kai but he just can’t stop his mind. His heart.

He remembered that one night they attended a party in a club. He enjoyed it. He had some drinks, danced his life, flirted with some. Yes he flirted that night away because Minho didn’t talk to him throughout the party. He was angry, so angry that Taemin was wearing clothes that were too revealing according to him. He really wanted to go home already because he can’t handle the stress it gives him seeing Taemin literally flirt with other guys in front of him, because the young boy knows damn well he was jealous. But he stayed because he can’t leave Taemin alone and the boy won’t stop from drinking until he needs to drag him out of the club and drive him home. He drove him home but Taemin was too drunk to realize it; He totally forgot about it. They too didn’t talk even inside the car. First was because Taemin was too drunk to handle a good conversation, and second, Minho was so mad.

The freshman night was a blast. Key was even stunned with how Taemin looks. If he hadn’t seen him as his bestfriend, he was sure he’ll add him on his able list. Jonghyun even acknowledged his iness too earning a death glare from his lover. “Yah! Kim Jonghyun!”

“I know, I know. He’s Minho’s! Ofcourse I don’t see him that way, I’m just complementing his looks.”

“Hyung, Minho and I were so over. I attended this party with someone else. Please move on.” The younger rolled his eyes. He hates it that as hard as it is to not to think about Minho, his friends are even making it harder. He grabbed a drink and walked his way to the dance floor, owning every beat of music. He can’t find Kai in the midst of the crowd, thus he decided to play around. He aggressively danced, grinding from time to time, teasing random people on the dance floor. He was full of confidence, until his eyes meet a certain person. He saw Minho storming his way through him. He told his mind to keep calm and play it naughty. He was all prepared to flirt and a bit but he was dragged out of the dance floor before he can even make his first move.

 

“Let go, Minho! It hurts!” He had nothing but being continuously dragged until they reached a more secluded hallway and all he got was being pushed off a wall.

Minho’s eyes was full of lust, and anger. Hint of pain won’t leave it too. “I told you to stop wearing such clothes on parties! Damn it, Taemin!”

The younger scoffed and continued to play it naughty. His fingers playing with Minho’s collars, he replied with husky y voice. “Why? You love it so much that it hurts?”

“ it, I love you so much that it hurts.” Minho grabbed his hands from his collar before pulling him into a deep hot kiss. Taemin wanted to push him off, but his body won’t let him stop. He ended up Minho’s lips even more, his own mouth opened to give him access. Blaming his actions in the alcohol, as if he could lie to himself. He missed this, he needed this or he’ll be crazy.

 

 

 

Let me go insane this one last time. Let me blame the pain this time.

Maybe because I was hurting. Maybe because I can't keep on lying.


A/N So, how was the update? Did you like it? I'm loving the iness btw. And hold your horses for more! You may want to help me proof read, commenting won't harm. I actually love it, to bits! Thanks for more and more subs!