XIV. Love & Hate

My All

Minho was walking by the beach, capturing the perfect scenery before him. That's what he thought. He closed his eyes and took in the fresh salty air, painting the orange skies in his mind to last forever. His own perfect world was flawed with pain the moment he opened his eyes back. Like a glass shattered in pieces, he stood there, watching Kai holding Taemin's face from afar. He saw the lad approach his life closer. Though Taemin backed away, he's hugging him tight the next second. And Minho can't be more confused, it was the most painful rollercoaster he had ever riden.

 

Like a body without soul, he dragged himself back to the villa. Bumping with Jonghyun who seems restless in organizing something, he asked. "I thought it's party night, tonight?"

 

 

 

Everyone gathered in the private pool area around 10 that night. Bass and beats that radiates through your body, blinding strobe lights, girls on bikinis, guys on wifebeaters while some had it topless, crazy crowd, free flowing drinks.

Key just got off the pool with Jonghyun when a 'drunkard' on a dark corner caught his attention. He swiftly sat beside him and asked. "What's up, Minho?"

"Nothing." The other bluntly replied. 

"That's one, two, three.... eight bottles of beer and you want me to believe it's nothing?"

"Leave me alone, Kibum. I'm fine." Minho spat.

"The party barely statarted and you're almost drunk. You're so so fine, Minho." He said with full sarcasm before getting up but not without Minho stopping him.

He held his wrist, like a lost puppy stopping his owner from leaving. "I need someone to talk to. I'm going crazy. Please, Kibum."

The other glimpse at his bottom left and he can't help pity the perfect fragile guy beside him. Minho has always been like this, for god knows how long already. A week looking so weak, a day or two pretending to be fine and the next, he's back in this pathetic state.

Key sat back. "You should stop drinking, you know. You might end up doing something wrong you'll regret when you're done."

A weak laugh escaped Minho's lips. "I'm not even scared. Nothing will ever be worse that letting Taemin go and it's something I could never fix and just regret it for the rest of my life. Let's say, I'm just enjoying the night."

"Enjoying. Wow, Minho, you really look like someone enjoying the party right now!" Key rolled his eyes.

"When I told you it's nothing, it's true. Since I and Taemin ended, nothing's left in my life, Key. You know that." Key silently nodded. "But being fine is the biggest lie I've ever told. I'm everything but fine. I had never been fine. I already forgot the feeling of being okay, even." He looked at Key straight in the eyes when a tear suddenly flowed in his already tainted cheeks. Minho quickly wiped it off, and smiled. "Why are we being so dramatic, we're supposed to enjoy the party!" He added before grabbing his bottle of beer and leaving Key sitting there, in awe.

 

Past midnight and the crowd was just wilder. Intoxicated by the alcohol, more people are in the middle of the dance floor, dancing, grinding, groping. People making out in the pool, some even passed out already.

Girls flailing around Minho, taking advantage of the alcohol, touching him here and there while he returns the favor. He was intoxicated, and he blames it on the pain he's been feeling. The hell he cares about Taemin? He's moved on, since months ago he is technically free to do whatever he wants.

A beach girl approached him, rather aggressive on the dance floor. She was on white string bikinis which suited her rather tan complexion. Long black hair, dark orbs, flat tummy, wide hips. y.

"I'm Minho, and you are?" Minho asked her name the moment she approached her. "Yuri." She replied. They continued to chat, whispering in the midst of loud and wild crowd. Both smirking in a suggestive manner, they talked. They talked and talked and talked as close as they were. Her arms around his neck, his hands on her lower back. Their faces few inches apart. 

And the next thing they knew, a fist full of anger was thrown on Minho's face.

 


Taemin was sitting on a bench accross the dance floor, sipping light mixed drinks with Kai, Key and Jonghyun. Laughing at the most random things, talking about almost anything under the sun moonlight when he suddenly paused from all the laughters. He saw Minho with a girl on the dance floor. He tried to ignore it at first, convincing himself avoiding to look would help but he just can't. He would suddenly be in dazed from time to time, losing the grip in their happy talk. And Kai knows, he clearly knows why.

The light mixed drinks was suddenly not enough for Taemin. He grabbed two shots of tequilla from the bar and the moment he returned their seat, Kai was already rushing off somewhere. He can't take it. He just can't.

Everything happened too fast. Kai went on the crowd busy grinding and suddenly threw and arm on Minho. "You bastard!"

And gasps were heard all over the place. The sound system even stopped. 

Minho, being a man himself punched him back, ofcourse. Even with Yuri trying to stop him, he still was able to get back on Kai. 

And more punches were thrown to each other, one after another. Guys started to stop both of them, holding the two of them apart. There was Taemin, hugging holding Kai's left arm.

"The hell is your problem!?" Minho shouted, trying to escape from all the grip. 

"What do you think are you doing? You ing bastard!"

"I was just dancing with Yuri. Are you jealous or what? You should've told me, I'll be willing to share the with you." Minho answered like a ing bastard.

Kai scoffed. "Go yourself, Minho. I didn't let go of Taemin for you to a on a dancefloor." He spat.

"Kai, stop it already." Taemin softly said, trying to calm down Kai. He was slightly pulling off his arm. Trying to stop him from time to time. "Please Kai. It's fine, quit it." 

"Now what?" Kai spat back on Minho. "Loss at words, are you? You're a stupid bastard. You practically begs for another chance then grind with another woman in front of Taemin? Wow Minho, are you on drugs or something? Don't you realize how much he's hurting? I told myself to let him go, because it's not me whom he love. But realizing how such of a bastard you are, I shouldn't have let him go back to you, you bas--"

"Kai, I told you to stop it already!" Taemin shouted in tears, running away as soon as he broke down.

After one last glare, Kai was about to run after Taemin when Minho stopped him. "Let me. Please."

 

Minho ran after Taemin. Asking him to stop and listen. Practically begging once again. But all he heard was Taemin's cries and it hurts his heart that he can't stop all the pain Taemin's into.

After a long catch, he was able to grab Taemin's arm to stop and turn him all round.

"I'm sorry, Taemin." But he heard nothing but cries and pain. He tried embracing him to calm him down but Taemin keeps on hitting his chest with closed fists. Crying even more. "I hate you! I hate you so so much."

And when Minho thought he hates himself for making Taemin cry, his life cried even more. "I hate you! I hate you so much! I hate myself for being so weak! For being affected! I hate myself for not being able to move on! I hate you!" He cried.

"Ssh. I know... I'm sorry. I'm sorry Tae." He could feel Taemin loosen up, giving up on puching him. Minho hugged him tighter, whispering sweet nothings close to his ear. "I'm really sorry. I'm sorry I didn't know I'm still hurting you. I'm sorry. I don't know Tae, I'm just... I don't know how you'll forgive me after all the pain I brought you. But I'm sorry."

Taemin softly pushed him off the embrace. Quickly wiping the tears on his own face. "It wasn't supposed to be like this. Funny how I'm the one who wants all this, the break up and moving on but it's also me who suffers. I keep on telling myself, telling you that we're over, that I'm ing over you but it hurts! It hurts so ing much I don't know what to do anymore!"

"I'm sorry for giving you so much pain but please Tae, don't give up on me. Please don't stop loving me. Please. I maybe selfish for not letting you go, but please give me another chance. Give yourself another chance. Give our love one last chance."

"I hate you."

 

 

 

I hate myself for loving you, still.

I hate myself for letting you go.


A/N Finally, I was able to update! I need your comments, people. I swear I don't know how to keep it going. It feels like it's becoming boring and too stretched but thank you so much for still reading and liking it!