XI. Unending Pain

My All

It’s been more than 3 weeks since the last time Minho and Taemin saw touched kissed owned each other. More than three good weeks of avoiding each other. Taemin spent almost all of his time with Kai. 'Boyfriends' is too much of a big word to describe what they are right now. Maybe it's safe to say they're enjoying each other's company as they both get to know better of each other. They always have lunch together since eating with Key isn't a good idea because he's always with Jonghyun, hence, bigger possibility of seeing Minho. Kai would fetch Taemin for school every morning; drop him home every after class in the afternoon or evening after having dinner outside. Taemin enjoys being with him, that's a matter of fact. He was treated as if he's the most special person in the world, taken good care off and Kai is undeniably fun to be with. He's just someone easy to love. But would it be easy for Taemin to fall?

He was trying —hard. The question is, is it really possible to dictate your heart's desire?

 

 

It was one of those afternoon trainings of Kai for the soccer team. Also the first time for Taemin to watch him on tryouts. Taemin would always avoid and excuse himself from watching tryouts because trainees usually practice with the school team which means there would be Minho and seeing Minho is the last thing Taemin wanted to happen. But this afternoon is different. It would be the same afternoon where new members for the school team would be chosen, it would also be the afternoon where it would be decided if the team captain would be changed or not. It was an important afternoon for two of the most important people in Taemin's life.

He seated in the audience area of the field with Key who's there to watch his boyfriend. He would shout and cheer for Jonghyun every once in a while making Taemin embarrassed from the cheesiness.

The game was school team vs. trainees and Kai was the team captain for the trainee team. He was an outstanding trainee and quite popular with his skills.

The game was in its last few minutes and the score was still in draw. Kai was driving the ball to their side when Minho suddenly appears in front of him with much determination in his face. They were on a head to head fight for the ball when both of their feet tripped against each other making both of them stumble quite few rounds, the impact making the fall worse. Everyone in the area was surprised and only the sound of gasps can be heard that time.

Almost everyone in the team (and most of the trainees) ran towards the soccer team's captain, ofcourse. He was the ace and the school team's hero. Both Key and Taemin suddenly was up in their seats and was currently running towards the field. Since a bunch of people was gathered around Minho (while only a few were on Kai), Taemin directly went to Kai without hesitation. No scratch that, he wants to go check on Minho ofcourse, but Kai was also there, in pain.

Minho was half concious, half drowsy that time. His elbow scratched deep and was bleeding. The impact made him almost unconcious. Everything in his eyes were nothing but blurred images. He could see bunch of faces around him, random voices in panic, too. Questions here and there were thrown asking him if he's fine. But there was a certain face and voice he's looking for. In his last seconds of conciousness, there was a certain someone he's hoping to see. But he's not there and Minho wanted nothing but lose everything that moment. He's rather be numb and unconcious than feel the pain in his heart.

Kai on the other hand was fully awake, just suffering from ankle sprain. Taemin ran towards Kai who's holding his left ankle hard, whincing in pain. They were waiting for the school's medics to assist them in going to the clinic. He was asking Kai if he's fine, is he's feeling drowsy or what but he can't avoid looking over Minho's area. Taemin's attention only went back to Kai when the latter held his hand tighter making Taemin look at him. "Go check on him, if he's fine." Kai said with a weak smile on his face.

"The whole team is with him." Taemin replied re-assuring Kai it's alright. "The medics are here, you need to have real assistance or that damage could've gone worse." He added while pointing out at Kai's left ankle.

 

 

Thankfully, aside from the impact the made Minho unconcious for few minutes, and the deep scrape in his right arm, there was nothing serious that happened. He gained his conciousness back in the clinic with their coach around waiting for him to wake up. He tilted his head a bit to see Kai sitting in the bed beside him while his left ankle was being bandaged by one of the nurses.

Their coach told him to lie down and rest for few more minutes but Minho insisted he should head home. Since Kai is in the same room, the possibility of seeing Taemin is bigger; his heart won't able to bear it. He got up and after receiving the list of antibiotics he should take to avoid infection in his deep wound, he headed his way out of the school clinic. Upon his exit, the first person he saw was the least person he wants to see, to be honest. There was  Taemin who is on his way to fetch Kai after getting both of their things together.

Their eyes meet and seconds of silence was shared. Nothing but intense gazes and tension.

If looks could kill, Taemin swears he wouldn't be alive  right now. Minho's eyes were full of anger pain. He feels guilty for not checking up on Minho earlier but he just did what felt right that moment. "Are you... are you alright?" Taemin asked.

Minho gave him nothing but a nod before passing by his side.

He feels useless. He's as if a nobody. A stranger. But he can't blame Minho since he's the one who wants all this. He's the one who walked away again. The one who escaped. The one who left him. The one who's too afraid to take risks. The coward one who is afraid to love again. He's the reason why he's hurting. He can't blame Minho at all.

 

 

 

Nothing special happened in the next few days. Well, Kai wasn't around in school since he's at home resting with his bandaged foot so Taemin spent his days with Key and Jonghyun, sometimes with Minho too.

They may share the same lunch table with Jonghyun and Key but not even a single conversation was made. They never talked. Never.

Minho even avoided all of Taemin's gaze. He never looked at the younger, he paid no attention at all. It was hard. He tried so hard to resist the urge to talk to the boy. To look at the boy. He just don't want to mess everything up again. Distance is what he needs to mend his still broken heart.

Taemin still don't get it why the heck Minho was so cold towards him. He's treating him like . It's as if he's not there. Can't he even act civil? Even acquaintances talk, and they sure were more than acquaintances he thought. He's always unconciously looking at Minho, trying to start a conversation but Minho won't even look at him. And when Taemin thought his heart was already broken, he never thought it could be shattered even more.

They sure both know they ended up months ago and trying to fix everything makes both of their hearts be broken even more. And when they thought nothing could be harder, they drown in the pain even more deeper. The end they both try to get over, while in pain their hearts both surrender. As much as they always say it's over, they were long over, they can't deny the hope that they both want chance to try another.

 

 

 

 

 

Minho was eating his breakfast when he received a phone call from a hysterical Jonghyun telling him he's in the hospital with Key and Taemin who were in an accident that morning. Everything happened too fast and it's not even a minute when he's in his car driving his way to the hospital with an almost illegal speed.

He got off his car and was running from the parking area when he stumbled off the ground after a motorbike bumped him making him wince in pain. He got up and continued running upon the hospital's entrance. He called Jonghyun asking where the hell they where only to be answered with a room number.

 

The next scenes Minho witnessed were far from what he expected. He opened the room's door only to see both Taemin and Key half seated on both of their beds. Key with a patch on his head, while Taemin with his arm bandaged. It's a relief they were both okay. 

Kai is seated right beside Taemin's bed.

Minho stood by the door, processing the thought that it was Kai on Taemin's side. Not him.

 It was Kai on Taemin's side. Not him.

 It was Kai on Taemin's side. Not him.

 It was Kai on Taemin's side. Not him.

The idea of running like it's the end of the world, the idea of his heart being shattered of worries, the mere idea of Taemin being seriously hurt, the idea of having someone else beside his life, the idea of needing someone else and not him, Minho didn't know how he was still breathing.

"Oh you're here." Key said making everyone look at Minho's direction. Minho merely gave all of them a nod to acknowledge everyone.

 

He stared at Taemin for few more seconds. Thankful the boy is safe and okay. Regretful for his heart.

He walked towards Key's bed with the most heavy footsteps, dragging his lost soul, passing by Taemin's bed.

 

 

 

"Hyung... you're bleeding."

 

 

And it hurts again, one more time. It hurts again for the hundredth time. 


A/N I hate myself for loving all the pain! I'm so sorry. I promise I'll try to mend your broken hearts, readers.

I swear both Taemin and Minho are stupid, I know. Well people tend to be stupid for love, right?

Comments people! Thanks readers and subs!~