III. Same World

My All

Taemin's first day in the university went well. He arrived in his classes on time, he liked his classmates, he made new acquaintances, he got no overly-strict-professor so far, he was able to avoid Minho.

Looking back in the past few months of moving on, Taemin almost got crazy during summer. The moment he received the letter from Panjak University stating that he passed the entrance exams, the first thought in his mind was Minho. How can he avoid Minho? Does he really want to avoid Minho? Or is he just pretending that he wants to? Did he really move on already? Is he ready? For real? Will he find a new love? Will Minho be jealous when he see him with another guy? Did Minho move on already? Does he got a new boyfriend? Girlfriend, perhaps?

Honestly, Taemin considered taking entrance exams in other universities. Just to avoid bumping to his world again. But since Panjak University is one of the best universities that offer arts, a university with great curriculum that majors in theater and dance, he ended up choosing the school. Isn't it a little petty to let go of the chance that could greatly affect his future?

 

 

The past months, he was able to be happy, atleast. He spent summer with his relatives, going out of town with his friends, visiting his grandparents on the country side. He did all that wholeheartedly. Except attending a certain party that could possibly be the hardest event he was suppose to attend. Minho's parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary, and of course Taemin's mom (and his whole family) were invited. He tried sleeping over Henry's place but his mom wouldn't let him. He tried pretending he has lots of things to do but it's summer, no school works. He can't fake being sick because his mom would have him checked with a doctor. Technically, he just needs to accept he'll be seeing Minho again.

 

 

It was all awkward. Their first meeting after the break up was harder than they both expected. Minho ended up drunk that night, making the situation even harder for Taemin.  Mr. & Mrs. Choi knew that the reason why Minho is drinking a little too much for his tolerance was all because of Taemin. They know how much Minho hasn’t move on, yet. He spent most of his vacation days in his room rather than being all active in his usual self.

In the midst of the celebration, Minho got everyone’s attention when he suddenly made a scene. When the guests ask for a kiss from the celebrant, hitting their fork in the glass lightly, congratulating the married couple for finding true love, their son Minho scoffed. “There is no such thing as forever!”

When his younger sister Sulli tried to stop him, he even made a bigger fuss. He scanned the area to find Taemin, then he started shouting even louder. “People promise to stay in your life no matter what but still leave you in the end!”

His cousins Siwon & Changmin dragged him up his seat already, but Minho fixated eye contact with Taemin until the end. Tears in the corner of his eyes, he continued. “I’m not saying I’ve been the best partner either, but I loved you in my own ways.” Their eyes still connected, that’s when Minho broke down in tears. He sounds pleading, but he didn’t care. Maybe it’s the alcohol, maybe it’s his real heart. Before finally being dragged out of the place, the last words heard were all apologies and regret.

“I’m sorry, I really am! Listen to me even once! Taemin!” Mixed up with all his tears.

Taemin remained in his seat, not knowing what to do. He can’t even lift his head up. He’s embarrassed, hurt and confused. A part of him wants to rush up from his seat and run to Minho, he wants to go back to the world where he belongs. It’s the world he loved so much. But a part of him is holding him back, asking him to stay, that he had enough pain. Minho will eventually move on, and it would be better for the both of them. He can’t take the risk of being taken for granted again, of being lied to again, of loving someone too much more than his own self. What if this ends in another heart break? He swear he couldn’t take it anymore. That’s why he stayed, in his seat, looking in his lap, while his last teardrop falls.

 

With everything that happened during their last encounter, seeing Minho in the university is the last thing Taemin would’ve wanted to happen. What if his ex boyfriend was still not over him? What if he is? What if he make another scene begging him to stay? What if he’s already doing so fine and great?

He was about to go home when his new made friends dragged him in the field, telling him it was their school’s first event for the soccer championship this season. And his heart skipped a beat. Realizing it was nonsense to argue since they would still drag him anyway, he joined them. He’s not going to watch the game because of Minho, we was just joining his friends to support their school. As defensive as it may sound, that’s how he convinced himself it’s fine.

 

“Why do you look so tensed? I thought you’re not into this kind of games?” Kai, his new gorgeous friend asked.

Just when the crowd went unusually silent, he answered. “Me? Tensed? No I’m not!” He almost shouted to cover up for his restlessness. People close his area looked at him confused. An eye contact with a certain someone made him forget his issues for a second. “Oh my god, it’s you Key!” The two almost jump while hugging each other. Key was his sunbae during high school. They had dance classes during summer, too. If there is someone close being Taemin’s bestfriend, it was Key. College life was just really busy that’s why they barely hang out recently. He’s one of the people who witnessed how Taemin chased over Minho, he was also aware of how Minho made a big mess during his parents’ anniversary (Taemin was able to tell him in one of their dance classes last summer), Key was also aware of Taemin attending the same university. “I’ve been calling you all day! I thought you won’t be able to make any friends during your first day here. But I see, you made a gorgeous friend right here.” Key said, while subtly looking at Kai. Taemin slightly hit him in his arm. “Yah! He’s a new friend. Will you please not embarrass me, sunbae?” The younger asked with pure sarcasm.

“Would you mind introducing me to your new friend, then?”

“Key, this is Kai. We’re attending the same classes. And Kai this is Key, my super super super close friend.” Taemin said while linking his arm with Key, giving Kai the idea of how close they really are.

“Why not call yourselves as best friends then?” Kai asked.

“Best friend is too mainstream, it’s boring.” Key confidently replied as if it’s the most obvious thing. Taemin laughed at both of his friends’ reaction. He’s happy they both seem to get along well, the first button fits well.

Key didn’t forget to question why Taemin is watching Minho, earning a glare from his friend. All Taemin did that afternoon is deny that he’s there to watch for Minho, he’s there to support their school with his friends. That’s it. But as if he can fool his long time friend, Key just shrug it off knowing the real reason.

Some of Taemin’s new friends left in the middle of the game. They said they still have lots of school works to do, much to Taemin’s disappointment. It was them who dragged him here in the first place. But they end up leaving Kai, Key and Taemin behind.

The game end up on their school’s favor with 5-4. Key asked Taemin and Kai to accompany him somewhere around the shower rooms after the game to congratulate his boyfriend, Jonghyun. Yes, they started dating since second year of college. Of course Taemin didn’t want to but Kai insisted since he’s going to inquire on soccer application anyway. Taemin sighed, he don’t know if it’s him really being stupid or it is fate making Minho and his world even smaller.

 

Taemin asked Key to leave him and Kai outside the shower room, around the locker area. He just can’t go inside with the possibility of seeing Minho half . No, no, no, he shook his head. Kai agreed, thinking he’ll just wait for the team’s coach outside.

 

The last group of jocks arrived with some having their friends with them making the area even more crowded. Some are fixing their things in their locker, some even removing their shirts already preparing for shower, some playfully hitting each other while laughing a little too loudly, pushing each other because of all the excitement from their win in the game. Kai pushed Taemin off a wall in the middle of two lockers to avoid the boy getting pushed by the arriving jocks. He stood with one of his arms blocking the crowd off Taemin, almost using his body to protect Taemin, hovering over him. They continued chatting over the random things, in that close of a position, while waiting for Key.

Suddenly, Kai was slightly pushed making the gap between him and Taemin even smaller. Making Taemin gasp in surprise. Kai looked behind, irritated. Who the hell pushed him?

 

 

Minho was with some of his team mates in the locker area on their way to shower room. He remembered he had a book in his locker he needs to take home for assignments. He made his way to his locker, casually talking and goofing around with his team mates when he was slightly pushed by one of them making him stumble off someone. He turned to look and apologize but a certain face captured his eyes, the face that could make him speechless. There was Taemin, almost hugged by someone. A pair of arms almost wrapped around his life.

 

 

 

I feel so stupid for letting you go, for letting my one great love go.

A/N Another chapter up! I'll try to make it a back to back chapter update, but no promises!~ I hope I was able to build up a good foundation in this story line/relationship. Will try my best to improve in the coming chaps! Comments, people! It really helps a lot. I swear, a lot!~