I. Taemin's Love

My All

Minho grew up being chased by girls and boys because of his undeniable good looks and figure. He was tall, handsome and effortlessly attractive. To top all that, he was his college’s soccer team captain. His academics were average, he’s popular. He is the cold type of guy. He barely talks to people outside his circle of friends. He was charismatic, and mysterious. He is every girl’s dream.

Being chased by his fan girls and boys was an everyday thing to him. Girls squealing around him is a normal scene, too. Gifts and letters are a daily part of his locker. It was the kind of life he lived for the past 5 years. Since he was 15, he literally stood out above everyone. Be it in physical, visual or sports. He became many people’s star… dream… and  the world  of  a certain someone.

Lee Taemin was nothing but the crowd. He totally grew up blending with the average people. If there will be something distinct about him it would be his effect on the people around him, he had this aura that will make you be drawn to him unconsciously. He was fun to be with, approachable, humble, good in school, a good dancer. He spent years of his childhood chasing over his worldThe Choi Minho.

 

Minho and Taemin grew up together, being the sons of their mothers who are basically best of friends since young. They  have been together since the beginning of both their memories. Taemin being the colorful one, while Minho is the one always chased. They were best of friends, until they enter High School, which marks the fanboy era of Lee Taemin over his best friend.

Minho, being his senior, being his high school heartthrob, Taemin can’t help but be possessive over his Minho. He follows him in school, he went over Minho’s house almost every other day using the friendship of their moms as an excuse, he gives him gifts every now and then. The love shared between friends eventually grew until the day that Lee Taemin confessed his developed intimate feelings for his hyung.

Minho was shocked, but he didn’t hate it. More than the fact that they were both guys, nothing's wrong about it. He let Taemin stay by his side. They walk home together, exchange text messages more frequently than the usual friends do, they hang out together almost every weekend, they exchange gifts on special occasions, they cuddle while watching DVDs at home. But all of that happened because Taemin wants to. He follows Minho every after class to walk home together, he sends Minho text messages as frequently as he finds a reason to text him, he gives Minho gifts all the time, he snuggles over Minho whenever they are watching DVDs. He always makes the effort.

Minho is a man of few words, as much as he likes being with Taemin, he made no move to tell it to the boy. He just let him do whatever he wants, but he technically did nothing for him.

 

Before Minho made it to college, the two of them finally became official. Thanks to Taemin serenading him on Christmas eve, asking him if he does want to be his boyfriend and Minho said nothing, but a simple 'yeah' but that made Taemin’s Christmas the happiest.

Time and schedule conflicts made it harder for their relationship, more like harder for Taemin to catch up on Minho. He would call his boyfriend every dawn to wake him up and not be late for university, he would pass by Minho’s house before going to school to give him an energy drink, or a cup of coffee, or a sandwich he personally made or even a simple good morning kiss on his cheek. Minho showed no sign of annoyance, but he didn’t technically return all the efforts of his boyfriend. He just let him be. But that’s enough for Taemin. It’s enough that he’s allowed to call and text someone as perfect as Minho, it’s more than enough that he could love him, it’s fine as long as he stays by Minho’s side. He knows, deep inside, that Minho was just that type, the cold-silent type but the smallest things and shortest response from Minho is enough for him to love him even more.

 

To: Minho Hyung

Can I come over your place after class? What time are you going home?

 

From: Minho Hyung

O. 4pm

 

To: Minho Hyung

I’ll go straight to your place from school then. Have you eaten lunch?

 

From: Minho Hyung

Yeah. You?

 

To: Minho Hyung

Yep, actually, my lunch break’s over. See you later, love you!

 

From: Minho Hyung

Ok.

 

It was the usual text message they both have. It’s always Taemin texting him first, it’s Taemin planning all their dates, it’s Taemin who’s always coming to Minho’s place after class, it’s Taemin adjusting his time just to spend more time with Minho, it was Taemin who did it allFor 2 years, it was him.

 

Taemin walked over Minho’s place after his school hours, he estimated Minho would’ve arrived home for an hour already. Enough to at least rest. He was considerate, Minho’s health, comfortability, happiness always comes first to him.

Mrs. Choi opened the door upon his arrival with a smile on her face. She was always welcoming, and Taemin is always thankful for that. Both of their families knew about their relationship. It was nothing too serious, they are both young. And to people’s eyes, it’s more like Taemin loving Minho with all his all.

Mrs. Choi told him Minho's upstairs. Taemin then bowed and went straight to his boyfriend’s room. The door was left open, as if expecting a guest. He peeked, Minho is sitting on his bed, reading. “Hyung…” Minho looked at him and tapped the space beside him, as if telling Taemin to come in and sit beside him. Of course, Taemin happily complied. He positioned himself beside Minho and cuddled his boyfriend. Minho wrapped his arm around Taemin’s waist while the younger, rested his head on Minho’s chest. They stayed like that for god knows how long. They talked about each other’s day in school, the projects and school works they both have.

“Taem…”

“Hm?” The younger looked up at Minho’s face. The latter creeping up a smile on his face. “I’ll be the soccer’s team captain starting next year. Coach told me.” Taemin was more than happy for Minho. He knew how much Minho wanted this. He practice non-stop to be the best. Taemin hugged Minho tight as in tight. He wrapped his arms around his neck, and Minho liked it. He was smiling all along… until he felt his shoulders wet. He pulled Taemin off and held the boy’s shoulder, looking at his face worried. “Why are you crying?” He asked.

"I'm just so happy for you."

 

The rest of the afternoon was spent like that. Taemin planning their weekend dates; they’ll go watch a movie this weekend. He was helping Minho with his school works, writing more than half of his report, he picked the clothes for Minho’s class the next day, he fixed his bag and removed all the piled up trash and random wrappers of snack. He stayed there until the sun sets. “Tae, it’s getting late you should go home.” The younger packed his things and was suppose to leave, but not without being pulled by Minho. “You forgot something.” Taemin looked at him, in deep thoughts about his things. What could he possibly forget? To his surprise, Minho kissed him. A quick peck on his lips. “This.”

 

Taemin walked home with a smile on his face, an un-erasable kind of smile. He just can’t contain his happiness. Everytime people questions their relationship, everytime people are in doubt, everytime his friends say that the love is unrequited, everytime they say their relationship was all unfair, it was the littlest things that made him hold on. Because he knows the love is there. Maybe it was right that he loves Minho more than the older loves him, but Taemin believes it's not about measuring who loves more. What Minho can give right now, no matter how rare his sweet actions are, no matter how cold he seems to be. It's enough. 

To: Minho Hyung

Good night. <3

 

Much to Taemin’s disappointment, Minho didn’t even reply. Most of the time he would reply with a simple good night and that’s it. But because he’s too happy and occupied with all what happened that afternoon, he shrugged it off and went to sleep.

 

That morning, he directly went to school after calling Minho almost a hundred times but he wouldn’t just answer his calls. He entered his classroom noisier than usual and he was more than irritated. Henry, a friend from the same class approached him. “Tae, have you heard?” He asked… worried for his friend.  

“What?”

“You know Krystal right? Jessica’s younger sister.”

“Yeah, she’s in the other class right?”

“O. She uploaded photos of her and Minho on her SNS.”

“With Minho?”

“Yeah.”

Taemin’s face was stern, emotionless. As if he’s hoping for a good reasonable reason, but insecure with possible bulls on why Krystal was with Minho in the first place. “ Henry! Spill it already!”

 

“She told us Minho was at her place last night, he slept with her unnie.

 

 

And that marked Lee Taemin’s first heart break.