Twenty five steps

Just Leave Me Alone

Jinki looked back at Jihae.

Jihae was about to just say sorry and walk off but something was stopping her.

"Hey, nice dress."

Jihae looked away and muttered, "Thank you."

Jihae walked up to Jinki and joined him. They both just quietly watched the sky grow darker.

"So.. long time no see aye?" Jinki looked over at Jihae and smiled.

"Yeah, it has been long." Jihae breathed in heavily and sighed.

"Something wrong?" Jinki looked at Jihae, worriedly.

Should i tell him?

Jihae cleared and looked down at her hands.

"Well you see.. my friend is mad at me and i don't really know why."

"Well did you talk it over?"

Jihae shook her head and ruffled her hair in fustration. "My friend won't even tell me what's wrong."

Jinki went quiet for awhile.

"Well is your friend here right now? In this house?"

Jihae nodded and sighed. Jinki looked at Jihae and slightly laughed.

"Well what are you doing here? Stupid, you should be making it up to your friend right now!" Jinki pushed Jihae towards the door and nodded.

He's right. What the hell am i doing here?

Jihae broke into a grin and ran for the door. Jihae stopped in her tracks and ran back to Jinki.

Jinki just looked at her, puzzled that she was still here.

Suddenly Jihae reached out and hugged Jinki tightly.

"Thanks." Jihae let go and ran off.

Jinki just stood there, shocked at what just happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihae was about to slowly open the door when she heard a guy's voice inside Yena's room.

I can't figure out that person's voice.. dammit.

Jihae was leaning against the door and trying so hard to listen that she didn't realise that the person inside was about to open the door.

The door suddenly opened and Jihae fell down at someone's feet. Jihae slowly looked up and found Jonghyun looking down at her.

"Nice." Jonghyun smirked and walked past Jihae.

Aish....

Jihae stood up and brushed her knees and looked up at Yena.

Yena was sitting down looking at Jihae.

"Yena i-" "I'm really so-" Both of them started talking at the same time.

"You go first."

"No, you go first."

"Well.. um. I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry Jihae. I was being a stupid brat, wanting all the attention from everyone. It's just when you first walked in, i got really .. angry when i saw the way Jonghyun looked at you." Yena started fiddling with her fingers and wouldn't look at Jihae.

This is gonna be so awkward...

"It's okay Yena. Trust me, he's all yours." Jihae wanted to make a puking face but she didn't want Yena to be more angry.

Jihae walked over to Yena and sat down next to her. There was a silence between them for awhile but they both knew everything was okay.

"Want a chocolate?" Yena passed the box of chocolates in front of Jihae.

Jihae smiled and took a chocolate.

After eating a few chocolates Jihae turned to face Yena and looked her straight in the eye.

"So what was, you know, Jonghyun doing in your room?" Jihae grinned.

Yena started blushing like crazy and hid her face with a pillow. Jihae tried taking the pillow away and ended up wrestling with Yena.

Jinki was outside, listening and started to smile since they were both laughing. After he knew that everything was okay, he walked downstairs to join the others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JIHAE! PAY ATTENTION!"

Jihae slowly sat up and glared at the teacher.

Stupid monday.. stupid school.

Jihae was in class, trying hard not to fall asleep every 10seconds. It was 5minutes until lunchtime and Jihae could only concentrate on the ticking noise.

Finally the bell rang and Jihae quickly grabbed her food from her bag. Yena and Taemin walked over to join her table since they knew she wasn't gonna come to theirs.

"Were you that hungry?" Yena laughed and sat across Jihae.

"Of course. I don't even remember what happpened an hour ago."

Taemin sat next to Jihae and just watched her eat.

"You eat like a pig."

Jihae stopped eating and glared over at Taemin.

"Leave me alone, i'm hungry."

Taemin smirked and started calling her pig continuously.

Jihae slammed down her spoon and stopped eating.

"Do.you.want.to.die?"

"Let's.see.you.try"

Jihae was about to hit him with her spoon but he quickly got up and ran off to play soccer with the guys outside.

"Idiot." Jihae rolled her eyes and started eating again.

Yena stopped eating and looked at Jihae.

"Is something going on between you?"

Jihae looked up at Yena as though she was crazy.

"I hope you don't mean anything romantic."

"Seriously Jihae. Do you like anyone?"

Jihae suddenly started choking on her food and grabbed her water bottle and chugged down all her water.

Yena just watched her with a surprised face.

"You okay?"

"Of course i'm not okay! I nearly died!" Jihae growled and went back to eating.

"You still haven't answered. Well, do you?"

Jihae swallowed her food and cleared awkwardly.

"N-no. Do you?"

Yena nodded slowly and looked out at the soccer field.

"I think so."

"What do you mean 'i think so'? It's either yes or no." Jihae raised and eyebrow and shrugged.

Yena didn't reply so Jihae followed her gaze and saw her staying at the guy's playing soccer.

Oh. must be one of them.

Jihae spotted Taemin on the field and opened her eyes wide.

"DO YOU LIKE TAEMIN?!"

Yena instantly looked back to Jihae and opened wide.

"EW! NO?!"

"Oh..haha." Jihae laughed nervously. "Then, who?"

"Let's drop it. Anyway, i'm thirsty, be right back" Yena stood up and went out to get a drink.

Jihae just stayed behind and watched the group of boys play soccer. Jihae smiled at the sight of everyone laughing and having heaps of fun.

Jihae started looking around for a familiar face but couldn't find it. Jihae's smile slowly started to fade but soon the person came out from underneath the shelter.

Jihae looked down and placed her hand on her heart and felt it beating faster.

You got to be joking.