Second meeting

Just Leave Me Alone

Jihae was walking down her drive way after school. It actually takes awhile to get to the front door because the drive way is so long. Jihae refuses to get driven home from school because her dad always sends flashy cars that grab attention.

Jihae opened the front door and kicked off her school shoes. There were indoor slippers already set out in a row for her to wear. She slipped on any and walked to the kitchen. Her house maid was cooking lunch for the family.

"Miss, what are you cooking?" Jihae walked over and inhaled the nice smell.

"Your favourite, pasta" the house maid turned around for a second and smiled.

Jihae smiled and put her bag down on the floor and helped set up. The maid turned back again and told jihae not to do anything, since it was her job. Suddenly there was a crash and a cry of pain in the dining room. The maid rushed over to see what happend. Jihae slowly followed because she recognised that voice instantly.

"Who the HELL puts their bag right where i'm going to walk?!" Her cousin, Mina shoots Jihae a glare.

Jihae just stood there and looked at her cousin trying to get up. She was struggling because she was wearing such a tight dress. The maid tried helping her but Mina just slapped her hands away.

"Did you even wash those hands? I just bought these you know!" Mina used the chair for support.

Jihae started to feel irritated and was about to tell her off when her dad suddenly walked into the room. The maid quickly bowed and went off the finish her cooking. Jihae just watched Mina practically skip towards her dad.

"Uncle! This is so rare for you to be here! What brings you here?" Mina put on her most innocent face.

Jihae's dad just ignored Mina and looked straight towards Jihae.

"Aren't you going to greet your father? After all, he never comes home." Mina looked at Jihae coldly when Jihae's dad wasn't looking.

Jihae picked her bag up and walked straight past her dad.

"Father? Who says he's my father?" When Jihae was walking upstairs, she could hear Mina complaining about how rude Jihae was.

When Jihae finally came to her room, she dropped her bag and fell on top of her bed. She checked her phone and there were no new messages. Jihae curled up into a small ball and closed her eyes, trying to ignore the happy laughter downstairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is Jihae Lee here?" Her home room teacher called out.

"Here." Jihae wasn't bothered to put her hand up and just called out. The teacher looked up at her and pulled a disgusted face since he remembered her from the day before. He continued down the roll but Jihae wasn't listening anymore.

She looked out the window and watched two birds fight over a small piece of bread. Suddenly her attention was back to class after hearing someone call her name. She quickly turned her head in the direction of the voice and realised everyone in class was staring at her.

She looked at everyone cluelessly and decided to stay silent.

"Lee Jihae, were you listening to a word i was saying?" Her teacher looked at her crossly.

"No." She blankly looked back at him, leaving him without words again. The teacher gave up on trying to get her  to listen and moved on to the next topic.

"Well class, just for Jihae's sake, i'll repeat what i was saying. We have a school sports carnival soon. All students must participate and not just stay home, especially you guys." The teacher joked and pointed at some students.

Everyone in class chuckled at his lame jokes but Jihae started scribbling in her notebook.

"So from now on, all classes will be having a sports lesson once a day." Some of the female students groaned and started complaing.

Jihae stopped drawing and looked up at the teacher.

"What if you don't want to?" Most students turned their heads toward Jihae and waited for the teacher to respond.

"Well looks like you don't have a choice because this is a compulsory event and you have to be at school." The teacher smirked.

"Hmm.. isee." Jihae went back to scribbling in her book. The teacher looked confused for a second because Jihae didn't say anything rude but soon started explaining to the class again.

Taemin glanced back at her suspiciously but then turned back to listen to the teacher.