So L Finally Likes a Girl?

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                L didn’t bother to hide the smile that dawned the moment he saw his angel. She was here! In front of him. Finally. Before, when he’d first seen her, so long ago, he’d felt so out of place and alone. She had helped him then. Now, it appeared their situations were reversed. Now, she was the one who looked lost and so it was his turn to be there for her now. But before he’d even taken a step toward her, she turned abruptly from him, breaking their eye contact and headed down the hall. L’s eyes never left her as they trailed her progress as she walked further away.

 

 

 

“L?” Sungyeol asked quietly at L’s’ shoulder, “Earth to L, what’s up with you? Why are you smiling like an idiot? It’s freaking me out.”

 

 

 

“I agree. You’re acting abnormal. Are you possibly sick?” Woohyun elbowed his friend, mild concern in his eyes.

 

 

 

“If I’m not mistaken, L appears to be quite taken with Gaein-ssi our new transfer student.” observed Sungkyu. He had barely said anything all day, being the cold, silent type was more his style, but when he was around his friends, he opened up more.

 

 

 

“No way! You mean L actually has the hots for a girl?” Hoya asked in delighted surprise. He laughed gleefully slapping L on the back.

 

 

 

"Yah, you guys. I’m right here. Quit talking about me as if I wasn’t.” muttered L, though he didn’t deny their words. “Aren’t you hungry?” he asked suddenly, “Let’s go to lunch. I have some business I need to take care of.” Before they could answer him, he sauntered from the doorway down the hall towards the dining room. The others appraised each other with knowing looks and grins as they fell into step behind him. With that, the pack of kingkas trooped down the hall and made their way out of the building toward the dining hall.

 

 

 

L strode purposefully through the doors at the head of the group, eyes scanning over the crowd restlessly. People milled in and out of the room, eating their food, chatting idly around their tables, lounging on sofas, studying notes or talking on their phones. Just where did she go? he thought.

 

 

 

After a few moments, he spotted her in the corner, standing by a window. Sunlight spilled onto her delicate form, giving her a warm glow. She was talking on her phone, absorbed in her task and completely oblivious to her surroundings. Oblivious to him. No. It wasn’t right that she didn’t notice him. That is going to change he thought.

 

 

 

“You all go first.” He called over his shoulder to the others. Not bothering to see if they headed to some tables to sit down, he kept his sight fixed on the enchanting figure before him and began to walk away from them.

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

                Upon entering the dining room, Gaein realized that this place was no ordinary cafeteria. It was more like a five star restaurant! The room had three tier balconies with glass railings. The walls, the color of cream and honey were clean and inviting with tasteful pictures placed meticulously around the room. Several little tables were scattered in an aesthetically pleasing order throughout the rooms, draped with fine linen tablecloths and all the priceless fineries of high-class china, utensils, and…were those real crystal goblets? For a school lunch? A gaudy chandelier hung intimidatingly from the ceiling and professional looking waiters moved with flawless and graceful fluidity between tables, talking orders and delivering food that Gaein had only ever dreamed of tasting. No, she hadn’t even dreamed of it. This was beyond what she could ever hope to dream about.

 

 

 

Even though she’d been informed that the meals were part of the school program and paid for out of student fees, Gaein didn’t feel comfortable enough to eat here in this place where she so obviously didn’t belong. She felt like a tacky decoration that was so out of place amongst the ornate luxury that was everyone else that she was surprised someone hadn’t asked her to leave already. Her phone rang suddenly making her jump. Glancing at the caller ID, she smiled fondly and snapped her phone open.

 

 

 

“Zelo-ah,” she smiled, “What’s up?”

 

 

 

“There was an unmistakable pout in his reply, “You are in big trouble noona! You haven’t answered any of my texts!”

 

 

 

“Because I was in class.” Gaein countered smiling, “Unlike some people, I actually study and pay attention in class.”

 

 

 

“Yah! I pay attention to the important things.” Zelo complained.

 

 

 

“Oh really? Like what?

 

 

 

“Like the fact that I’m outside the front gates so I can treat you to lunch. I haven’t seen you all day noona!”

 

 

 

“Really? You’re here?” Gaein immediately strode over to a tall, arched window that overlooked the school grounds and further on, the front gates. She could just make out a bleach blonde headed figure trying to peek through the iron bars. She laughed.

 

 

 

“Arasso, arasso. I’ll head out there now.” She ended the call and turned towards the luxurious French doors and jumped backwards with a yelp when she realized someone was standing right behind her. Heart pounding, she assessed the person and immediately her wide, surprised eyes narrowed as she took in L’s face.

 

 

 

“So we meet again,” L smiled down at her and took a step towards her. She took a step back.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked still in shock.

 

 

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” he smirked, “I go to school here.”

 

 

 

“No.” she frowned, “I mean what are you doing over here…talking to me?”

 

 

 

“I’d think that would also be  obvious.” L said smoothly, “I’m taking my noona to lunch.”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter