Facade-Behind the Mask

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Kim Myungsoo tore his eyes away from his angel with the greatest reluctance. In a moment, he would have all the time in the world to dance the night away with her in his arms. But for now, he had to perform his filial duty as the Kim son. Glancing around the room with a smile on his lips, he bowed to the assembly and called out so that his voice echoed through the room, “My friends, I thank you all for attending my father’s gala this evening. I am Kim Myungsoo, but then, you knew that.”

 

(Just picture him in ALL black)

 

                A few chuckles rippled throughout the room below. Myungsoo raised an arm and the chuckling subsided, “I look forward to meeting you individually throughout the remainder of the evening and in the years to come. Now, please continue with the festivities. We have prepared a lot in anticipation of your arrival and hope you enjoy the rest of your night with us.”

 

 

                Applause sounded at the conclusion of his speech. Myungsoo turned to his father and saw that his father gave him a barely perceptible nod, and a smile. He was proud. Good. He had fulfilled his obligation. Sure there would probably be conversations and politic maneuverings dancing behind gleaming smiles, and he felt more than capable to handle all of that. But it did make it rather a nuisance when all he wanted to do now was go straight to his friends and Gaein.

 

 

                At his father’s signal, Myungsoo began to descend the large staircase into the audience below. His dark eyes continued to flicker to Gaein standing in the rear of the room with his friends. They looked noticeably shocked, he observed. I need to get over there so that I can explain everything to them. Once they realize what I’ve been through, they’ll understand why I had to do this… With this thought in mind, he hurried down the last of the steps. As he made it to the ground level, the faces of his friends disappeared from view, but he started to head in the general direction he knew them to be.

 

 

                He had made it not even five steps, when he found himself ambushed by a few young, top businessmen who congratulated him on the assembly he’d put together and begun asking him about his travels abroad, along with how he viewed different business ventures in the markets. Myungsoo, detained and ready to kill because of it, smiled obligingly at them. If he wanted his future happiness, he had to invest in tonight. His future happiness. His mind flashed to Gaein as he bandied out glib jokes or insights regarding the modern business ventures of his peers and even some superiors. Yes. He would build a kingdom that was so well founded and so well protected, that his future queen would be safe and want for nothing. The few agonizing moments he didn’t see her now, would be made up for later…or at least that’s what he told himself in order to keep himself sane. After all, he didn’t think his father would take too kindly to him turning on his heel from his guests and sprinting through the crowd to find Gaein…though he had half a mind to.

 

 

                After what felt like an hour, he had politely and painstakingly excused himself from the small group of dandies, and turned to continue his quest, only to be confronted by a beautiful woman who looked to be about his age. She gazed up at him from under a delicate, silver mask. Confidence oozed from her every pore…from the tips of her perfectly arrayed, glossy hair, to her frankly alarming shade of red shoes. To top it off, her equally red lipstick tainted mouth curved upwards as she asked, “Kim Myungsoo, the D.J. has consented to my selection of the next song. Would you do me the honor of being my partner for the next dance?”

 

 

                Kim Myungsoo’s lips tightened momentarily. Frustration flit through him on wings of fury. He knew exactly what she was up to. She didn’t even know him and yet it was obvious that whatever song she selected, would be a slow, romantic one.

 

 

                She’s trying to make a statement. She wants everyone to wonder if we have a special relationship or not. She could even use this opportunity to try to charm her way into my heart. But this fox is nothing compared to my angel! Just who does she think she is?

 

 

                “I am sorry.” Kim Myungsoo bowed, showering her with a glowing, regrettable smile, “I am afraid I have been previously engaged for the upcoming dance.”

 

 

                She looked up at him in shock as he left her and her blood-stained lips that were hanging apart behind and pushed his way through the last of the crowd who wisely let him through seeing he had some sort of destination.

 

 

                Kim Myungsoo’s face lit up as he finally squeezed past the last of the guests in order to reach his friends. However, the smile vanished when, taking stock, he realized that Gaein-noona wasn’t with them.

 

 

 

 

                “I’ll explain everything later.” Myungsoo hissed to his friends so no one else could hear, “But for now, where’d Gaein-noona go?”

 

 

 

 

                “I’m afraid your date got claimed for the next dance already, L.” Hoya seemed to be the only one who could treat Myungsoo normally in this crazy situation of false identities, betrayal, and his one true love being stolen out from under his nose. Hoya threw his arm around L’s shoulders and patted him sympathetically as Myungsoo’s eyes darted towards the dance floor that was slowly filling up with couples. He soon spotted his noona in the arms of a man who looked familiar…but he couldn’t quite place where he’d seen the man before.

 

 

                “Who is he? I’ll kill him.” Muttered Myungsoo.

 

 

                “Now, now, L. No need to murder someone the first night of your official appearance.” Hoya chided as if lecturing a child. Myungsoo didn’t know if Hoya was just trying to be funny and calm him down or if he really didn’t have a clue how close Myungsoo was to ripping someone apart. Hoya looked at him with a very serious look despite his nonchalant attitude and Myungsoo realized that maybe he just pretended to not know as much as he did.

 

 

                “Don’t try to tell me what to do.” Myungsoo muttered sullenly as his eyes fixated on his noona and the masked stranger twirling together.

 

 

                “They seem to be getting very close.” Observed Sungkkyu, “Is it just me, or is he holding her a little too recklessly?” Myungsoo’s eyes traipsed over the dancing pair to the man’s hands. One hand engulfed his noona’s the other one around her waist was pulling her steadily closer to him. Myungsoo’s vision went red.

 

 

                Twirling on his heel, he whipped out his mask and slid it into place. He di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter