White King, Black Knight

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           

 

(I thought these gifs were especially symbolic of where Zelo's at right now...chaining himself up in his own darkness so that's why I chose these..)

 

              “What is it Daehyun?” Choi Junhong eyed his servant. He knew Daehyun would not come to him unless it was something important.

 

 

              “Sir,” Daehyun leaned in and whispered, “It appears Gaein-ssi is in attendance tonight. And she has come with L as her date.”

 

 

                The condemning words Daehyun uttered had Choi Junhong whirl on him giving him every bit of attention. “Where?” was all he demanded.

 

 

                “I don’t know about L sir, but Gaein-ssi is by the refreshment table with her friends from school.”

 

 

                Choi Junhong began to make his way to the refreshment table without a second thought about the girls he had just been conversing with, when suddenly all eyes turned to the grand staircase at the far end of the room. Not wanting to draw unnecessary attention to himself, Junhong waited with the rest of the crowd as their host for the evening made a few tedious remarks and introduced his son. Junhong had a slight curiosity about the Kim Myungsoo that had disappeared long ago…rumors had grown upon rumors until it felt more like a mysterious, suspense drama than anything. But his curiosity wasn’t remotely to the point where he actually cared. He’d come to the party tonight to finish alliances and make final preparations that on the morrow would allow him to supersede his father, making him the leader of the Choi family.

 

 

                Tonight, however, as he watched his new-found nemesis walk out onto the stair, he stood rooted to the spot in rage. If looks could kill, a hole would be burned through the mighty Kim Myungsoo’s chest at that very instant. The pieces began to fit together. The fact that he could find nothing out about L, and the reason L acted as if he owned the world…owned Gaein.

 

 

                Gaein…she had come as this man’s date? Choi Junhong snarled. No! He would find out for himself. He would make absolutely sure that Gaein had not violated their unspoken relationship, their connection. He would hear it from her own mouth that she had chosen this Kim Myungsoo over him. And if she had…well, he would need to take matters into his own hands. The monster behind his iced eyes glowed in approval as it petted his whetted appetite of passion and pain.

 

 

                Kim Myungsoo began addressing the gathered assembly and Choi Junhong turned his attention back to the refreshment table. He slipped silently through the crowd weaving through them…he made it to the tables laden with food and began searching for her familiar figure. It took a moment, but over by the drinks he spotted her in a breathtaking gown that flattered her small form. Her hair was arranged in a beautiful array of curls and glittering hair pieces. His heart started hammering in his chest as he beheld his noona. She was an exquisite vision. A yearning so intense that it made him tremble had him approach her. He waited for her to get her drink.

 

 

                Soon, Gaein turned to him and let out a small shriek as she realized she was not alone.

 

 

                His noona turned red in embarrassment. She quickly bowed. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scream…you just startled me.”

 

 

                She was so beautiful, Choi Junhong didn’t trust himself to speak. But the monster inside him reminded him that he needed to determine Gaein’s relationship with L…if she had left him for that man…his hands clenched unconsciously into fists. Closing his eyes, he took a steadying breath. Forcing one of his palms open, he extended it to her for her to take. A dance would be the perfect place to talk inconspicuously. That, and there was the fact that he just wanted a chance to hold her. He hadn’t seen her in so long…

 

 

                 “I’m sorry. Do you need me to pass you something?” His noona was eyeing his hand in confusion.

 

 

                Her confusion almost made Junghong crack a smile. Almost. Instead, his voice came out in a huskier, deeper intonation reflecting his mixed emotions, “A dance is about to start. Would you do me the honor?”

 

 

               

                Slowly, she reached out and placed her soft hand in his. His eyes never leaving the beautiful form in front of him, he led her to the dance floor. A song began flowing through the couples joining them and soon, they were lost amidst the flowing gowns, suits, and nameless faces around them. Choi Junhong was so enraptured by his noona, he didn’t know if he could speak. He’d never seen her look like this before and his heart was beating heavily in his chest to the point where he worried it would be audible to everyone in the room.

 

 

                No! Focus. Remember you need to find out what her relationship is with Kim Myungsoo!

 

 

                But what to say? Small talk wouldn’t do any good. He wouldn’t be able to pretend like he could do small talk when he just… couldn’t. So instead he cut to the point. Better to take the bull by the horns than beat around the bush.

 

 

                “So…you are Kim Myungsoo’s date for the night then?” There. He’d said it. He searched her face looking for some form of reaction that would declare the verdict of his suspicions.

 

 

                Surprise flitted across her face under her mask. “Huh? Well…um…I suppose I am. Why do you ask? How did you even know?”

 

 

                So she had gone with L! He knew she had, but her saying it herself cut him deeper than he’d expected. Clenching her hand, he leaned over her with the intensity that rang with displeasure. “Just how close are you two? Are you in a relationship?”

 

 

                Gaein was silent. Her dark eyes surveyed him from under her mask and he could make out a determined glint in their depths. Just what was she thinking? His fingers tightened on her hand as he spun her towards the center of the floor. Couples passed by but he gave them no heed. His eyes were only for the prize in his grasp.

 

 

                “And why,” replied Gaein in cold tones, “do I have to answer that? I don’t see how that is any business of yours.” She clenched her teeth, defiance in her looks as she finished, “I don’t even know you and you demand to know such personal information about Myungsoo and I? That’s totally unacceptable.”

 

 

                Junhong felt the muscles tense in his neck and his eyes narrow at her quick defense. Her refusal to speak on the subject was the same as if she’d admitted that she was in a relationship with L. Hurt and anger flashed through him. He had trusted her! He had been lied to again and again. He had tried to be the gentleman. Everything she had ever wanted him to be. It had been hard, but he had endured it…and he had been so desperate to believe in her that he’d decided on giving her one last chance even after she had told him she never wanted to see him again.

 

 

                Yet what was she doing with this opportunity? This last chance? She was practically telling him to his face that she had chosen someone else. His grip on her tightened audibly and he held onto her as if she was his only lifeline. Pulling her in closer, he felt her begin to struggle, but her attempts were weak compared to the adrenaline rushing in his veins.

 

 

                “You…just who are you?” Uncertainty and the traces of fear emanated in the small tremors that passed through her. It was about time. The moment she actually saw him. The moment her mind wasn’t revolving around L, but he had claim to a moment of her thoughts. He’d finally be able to reveal himself to her. Not as Zelo, but as Choi Junhong. Perhaps, revealing his real self to her would be the chance they needed to start over. A chance to be together.

 

 

                “I,” he grinned, “am…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

                “Pardon me for cutting in,” a figure in a dark suit and mask swarayed onto the scene startling them both. He smoothly spun Gaein out of Junghong’s arms and twirled his own confused partner into them, “But I believe that’s my date for the evening.” The man chuckled.

 

 

                Junhong stared uncomprehendingly at the flustered young girl he suddenly found in his embrace. She looked just as confused as he. What had just happened? The shining lights and the array of music pulsated through his brain in a painful, pounding beat despite the fact that it was a ballad playing. The girl was stammering something that he wasn’t listening to. His eyes followed Gaein and Myungsoo as the blasted heir swept her away.

 

 

                It was suddenly very hot in this accursed suit. He swore and turned back to the girl whom he had let go of in the process. “My apologies.” He bowed. He offered her his arm and led her off the dance floor before deserting her side to head straight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter