Hope

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight pairs of eyes stared at Kim Sohyun expectantly. They were lit with hope and she felt as if, for a moment, she was a tether that connected them to her beloved unnie. She was so amazed that this group of people even existed; people who would help her…

 

 

She knew she couldn’t stay long. She let the group know that right away.

 

 

“I’m a servant at Master Junhong’s mansion,” she stated. Her quiet voice seemed to gather a little more strength as she continued, “If I stay too long, I’ll be missed, and we could all be exposed…I’ll need to leave in…” she checked her watch, “ten minutes.”

 

 

“That’s hardly any time at all!” a young man holding onto a life-sized teddy bear that lay in his lap cried. Worry etched his normally smooth features and his grip tightened around the bear’s middle. The action made Kim Sohyun smile slightly, though she nodded firmly in response.

 

 

“It’s all I can do. But I promise, I’ll do everything I can to keep you in the loop of what happens at the house. I’ll tell you what I can for now, but then I really do need to go.” Sohyun said apologetically.

 

 

“It’s alright.” Sungyeol said, putting a comforting hand on Sohyun’s shoulder. He led her into the midst of the gathered group and hurriedly provided an empty chair for her to sit on. Sinking into it as if her strength had left her, Kim Sohyun let out a small sigh.

 

 

“Here’s what I know for now.” she gazed around at the large group of perfect strangers, taking in their faces. She felt a hopeful spark inside as she realized there was a whole crew ready to help her, help her unnie. A crew that seemed to have resources. That, at least, was a comfort. She drew a deep. steadying breath and began, “Choi Junhong kidnapped Gaein-unnie, and has her locked away in his mansion. In his private office, there is a wardrobe that’s tucked away in the corner. If you push the coats and suits aside, the back of the wall slides out and there’s a door that leads down to the basement levels that were sealed off years ago when the master reconstructed the home. He keeps Gaein unnie in there.”

 

 

“What?” Woohyun demanded sharply, his eyes narrowing in anger, “Gaein-noona is being locked in a basement?” Everyone tensed at his words. Across from him, L had gone very still, his eyes boring holes into the maid. A vein in his neck bulged, and his eyes darkened.

 

 

“Yes. The only entrance is through the closet, and Master Junhong has the key. He keeps it on him at all times. He keeps it in his suit pocket. The only spare that exists, is under the bodyguard, Daehyun’s protection. Whenever I’m sent down there to serve her, he opens the door for me, and locks it the moment I leave.”

 

 

“So if we’re to rescue her, we need to get the key somehow.” Hoya murmured more to himself than anyone else. His face was serious in its contemplation.

 

 

“Yes.” Sohyun nodded, “Gaein-unnie is fine, before you all ask. She’s healthy, and hasn’t been hurt. But she’s on the verge of giving up. I’ve talked her into holding out a little longer, but she’s at the end of her rope. Choi Junhong has told her she can be let out of the basement and have her freedom again on the condition she marries him.”

 

 

At her words, the room exploded. Everyone jumped to their feet, their faces flushed in a mixed medley of expressions of horror, disbelief, and rage. L was the only one who remained seated on the couch, but his hands had long since balled into fists, and his teeth were clenched.

 

 

“Marry that monster?!” cried Dongwoo in outrage.

 

 

“That shallow, infamous, sick villain!” Sungkyu hissed.

 

 

The room broke out in exclamations of what they all would do to Choi Junhong if they ever got their hands on him. But everything quieted back down when Park Yeeun asked the essential next question.

 

 

“Sohyun-ssi,” she addressed the younger girl respectfully, “You said Gaein-ssi was at the point of giving up. Does that mean she will consent to marry Choi Junhong?”

 

 

At this, Kim Sohyun’s eyes began to tear up. Everyone waited with baited breath as worry shone from their eyes at her reaction. She clasped her hands in her lap to keep them from trembling, but her voice quavered as she responded softly. Everyone had to lean forward to hear her next words.

 

 

“Gaein-unnie was never going to marry him. She said….she told me she’d rather die than marry him.”

 

 

“Wait…so you’re saying Gaein-noona was planning to kill herself?” Sungjong’s voice came out pained and hollow. He clutched at his giant bear as if he were a little child. His eyes had grown round and glassy as if he couldn’t quite comprehend what was being said.

 

 

Sohyun nodded, then, before anyone else could say anything, she rushed on, “But don’t worry too much. I convinced her not to. We have a little time left. I told her to play along with what Master Junhong wanted. You know, make him think he has a chance of her accepting him. That way, he might be more lenient with her, and we can buy time. I convinced her not to die…for now. But that doesn’t mean she won’t try it if she nothing changes soon. That’s why I risked going to the police station today…I won’t…that is…I can’t…let her die.” With that, the beautiful, young girl burst into sobs. Her shoulders shook, and the makeup around her eyes smeared.

 

 

Quietly, behind her, Sungyeol pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to her. She gratefully accepted the kind gesture and dabbed at her eyes. Once she calmed down, she stood.

 

 

“I will do my best to help rescue Gaein-unnie no matter what. But I have to get back now before they get suspicious. Master Junhong has gotten more and more paranoid lately, it feels like. If we’re to have a chance to rescue her, he can’t suspect what you all know. If he finds out, he’ll move unnie somewhere else where we’ll never find her, and I’ll…well, I won’t be any good to you at that point.” She turned and headed for the door.

 

 

The group trailed her silently, digesting the new information she’d offered them, as shew made her way to the door. They watched as she placed her pale hand on the knob. She turned back and gave them all a watery smile of encouragement.

 

 

 “It’ll be ok. I have my day off in a couple of days and I will come find you when I leave. I’ll tell you everything in more detail at that time and we can figure out what to do…also, I heard Master Junhong say he has people who work for him at the police. I don’t know who, but be careful when you interact with them…they might not all be on your side.”

 

 

“Then why were you about to go to them today?” Dongwoo asked; he placed his hands firmly on his hips.

 

 

Kim Sohyun l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter