Cinderella

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “Now you need to make sure she is calm and ready for tonight. But mostly calm. Right now she is probably freaking out. Galas aren’t really her thing.” Myungsoo rambled. In truth, he was arguably just as nervous as Gaein though for entirely different reasons. He wanted Gaein to enjoy herself tonight, to not be scared off by the splendor of his lifestyle. Much weighed on tonight…if he still kept his friends, how would be received by the rest of the world? It didn’t help that today just happened to be his birthday too.

 

 

 

 

                “I get it already.” Park Yeeun rejoined rolling her eyes at her master’s ramblings, perceiving them for what they really were…a hopeless attempt to cover his nerves. She glanced out of the tinted car windows. They were parked in front of the ‘legendary’ quaint noodle shop that the master had been spending inordinate amounts of time at. The maid took the place in one long, sweeping glance and raised an eyebrow.

 

 

 

 

                Of all the women in the world the young master would form an attachment to, of course it would be a noodle girl. And rumors were, she was older than him too… Yeeun didn’t think Master Kim would be too pleased when he found out his son was dating someone from a middle class realm.

 

 

                Glancing back at Myungsoo sympathetically, she drew her salmon pink trench coat more tightly around her cream top and crossed her jegging-ed legs. Myungsoo had wanted her to look ‘normal, basically not like a maid because he didn’t think this girl of his would like it. Yeeun silently wondered how this girl would react then, when she was surrounded by maids, butlers and the classes of the most upper elites of society tonight. She shuddered slightly at such a dreadful thought. No, even she didn’t envy the noodle girl.

 

 

                She’d been staring at Myungsoo too long, lost in thought and he, perceptive as ever, noticed.

 

 

                “What?” he smirked, “am I too handsome for you? Are you secretly crushing on me?” He leaned towards her. A teasing light graced his eyes.

 

 

                “You would say something immature like that.” Yeeun shook her head at him, “You are definitely hopeless. I don’t know how you plan on getting a girl who’s older than you to like such a kid like you.” She punched him lightly on the arm to show that she was only teasing. A small smile at treating him more familiarly played on her lips. Just a month ago, she wouldn’t have dared act friendly with the heir of a vast influential realm, nor would he have permitted her to. Maybe this noodle girl wasn’t so plain and inconsequential after all if she was even changing Yeeun.

 

 

               Yeeun’s curiosity was piqued. She wanted to see this girl, but was distracted by Myungsoo’s indignant splutter, “I-immature? Did you just call me immature?! And I did not just hear you say that my noona wouldn’t give me the time of day.”

 

 

                Myungsoo eyed his maid, not sure what to make of her. Ever since she’d helped him pick out a blasted perfume and called him cute, she’d been more forward with taking liberties. He felt that if he didn’t put a stop to it and reassert his authority, she’d soon be treating him like an equal…not that she wasn’t starting to already. On the other hand, she was one of the few people who knew about his relationship with Gaein and she wasn’t threatening to blackmail him with the information.

 

 

                Raking his fingers through his hair so that it flew in different directions, he glanced over at her and noticed a look of insatiable curiosity on her face. He sighed and prompted, “Ok. You’ve got a question. What is it?”

 

 

                She flashed him a devious smile and promptly responded, “Just wondering why we’re ten hours early. Your party doesn’t start till 9pm and it’s only 11am.”

 

 

                “Weren’t you listening to a word I was saying?” he scoffed, “My noona is probably terrified right now. She needs a friend who, you know, she can talk with and be girly with. You need to not only get her ready for the party, you need to make sure she’s functioning and not dying on me. Plus, girls always take a long time to get ready, right? I heard they did because Sungyeol told me. So how was I supposed to know how much time you’d need?”

 

 

                Yeeun threw up her hands in surrender, “Arasso.” She replied as she opened the door and slung the bags containing the dress, shoes, mask, accessories and products for cosmetics and hair over her arm. She looked so slender and fragile, but she was definitely stronger than she looked.

 

 

                She stepped out of the door trying not to trip under the weight of the bags. Once she was on the curb, she looked back at the young man looking worried at the possibilities of the future and gave him a mock salute, “Well then, Master Myungsoo, I shall be off! Commence Mission Impossible Theme Music.” With that, she bounced towards the door and entered the shop.

 

 

                Myungsoo watched his maid’s disappearance into the shop that had become like home. Although he was nervous and felt like his stomach was writhing in knots, he also felt a slight spark of excitement. Tonight would be the night where he would create the ultimate fairytale. He would have his Cinderella (who would not be leaving at midnight), and he, himself, would be the mysterious prince of an enchanted night. He was actually not feeling bad at all, about the fact that tonight, he’d have on a sinfully lavish wardrobe with exquisite accessories. He would be such a breathtaking display of magnificence that he had no doubt he would be impressive. His noona would finally see him the way he was meant to be seen, she would see what he was born to be. And if he played his cards right, Myungsoo knew he could convince her that he was the only one for her. The only one that could protect her, the only one that could care for her and give her everything…He wanted her to know that he could have everything, but that to him it would be nothing if she wasn’t a part of it.

 

 

 

                On top of solidifying a romance, he had to also navigate through business deals, other guests who would either up, treat him like an equal or look for ways to backstab him when his back was turned and display his competence like a show-cased circus freak. Yep. And the nerves were back. But holding tightly onto those imagined moments of bliss with Gaein, he instructed his chauffer to take them back to his hotel where preparations of grandeur proportions had taken place. It was time for him to mentally prepare himself, give last minute instructions to his servants, staff and security and to get ready himself.

 

 

…..

 

 

                A beautiful girl traipsed her way through the noodle shop. Her impeccable fashion attested to by the many shopping bags and bundles slung over a dainty shoulder. Her milky complexion scanned the room as if in search of something. She must be a girl with a mission. Gaein watched in amusement as the girl walked around a few tables, trying to steer clear of excess bits of food that had fallen to the floor and hadn’t been swept yet.

 

 

                She looked like one of those haughty girls that only had the best of everything or ate at the classiest restaurants. What she was doing in this humble, low-class restaurant was beyond Gaein’s imagination. Finally, the girl’s eyes met Gaein’s. Gaein felt a frown cross her face as the girl looked her up and down and then smiled dazzlingly. She began immediately making her way towards Gaein.

 

 

                “Ah, you must be noodle shop girl!” the young woman grinned.

 

 

                “Um…I am Choi Gaein. It’s nice to meet you, as I don’t recall having met you before.” Gaein bowed, “Are you here for some food?”

 

 

                “No, I already ate before I came. Glad I found you though. I was worried you wouldn’t be in cause you know it’s so early. I told him that I shouldn’t come over this early, but I’m sure you know his stubbornness is no joke. So here I am.” She beamed at Gaein who just stared at her in blank confusion.

 

 

                “Um…I’m sorry?” Gaein asked confusion and skepticism etched in the lines of her face and intonation of her voice.

 

 

                “Oh, how rude of me. Right. I forgot to introduce myself.” The girl shrugged her long hair over her shoulder as she proceeded to balance all the different bags, “Hi. I’m Par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter