L

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~8 Years Later~

 

 

 

 

 

                The bell rang through the immaculate and pristine walls of a beautiful private co-ed school, shattering the relaxed or studious moods of hundreds of students. L, who had been sleeping, with his head on his desk jerked awake and realizing the final bell of the day had rung, he gave a large yawn and ruffled his dark hair.

 

 

                "Yo LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!"

 

 

                L jumped from his seat and whirled around at the sound of that all-too familiar voice. Just as he expected, a blurry figure came flying at him through the classroom door. He dodged effortlessly and his friend went flying by him crashing into one of the emptying desks.

 

 

                "Honestly Sung Jong-ah," L said rolling his eyes at the boy trying to untangle himself from a chair, "Just because school's over, doesn't mean you can bulldoze me to the ground in excitement."

 

 

                "Oh give him a break. Just cuz he tries to prove he's better than you, doesn't mean you need to get irritated," Lee Sungyeol stalked toward the doorway grinning broadly.

 

 

 

             A group of girls yearningly gazed at them and tried to subtly take a few snapshots with their phone as they headed out the door. They knew that once school was out, the boys had less tolerance than usual for girls making a fuss over them when they wanted to leave, and no one wanted to get on the bad side of the kingka flowerboys of the school.

 

 

 

                "If you had this pabo trying to ambush you and randomly attack you everywhere you turn, you'd get annoyed too. And I wasn't annoyed." L replied. Never taking his eyes off Sungyeol, he sidestepped a rush-sneak-attack from behind and Sung Jong went flying past him and would have collided with the opposite wall, had not Nam Woohyun who suddenly appeared next to Sungyeol grabbed him by the collar and stopped him in time.

 

 

                "Let's ditch this stuffy classroom." L said stretching. He grabbed his brand-name book bag and slung it casually over his shoulder and headed for the door along with the rest of the guys. The classroom was far from stuffy. Sure it wasn't like the lobby or his own penthouse room...though it was a private school and the materials and designs of the room were the best you could find anywhere.

 

 

                "Yeah, let's get out of here as fast as we can. We have precisely five minutes and forty-seven seconds before Seoul Arts Academy's girls will be at the gate." Kim Sungkyu sauntered from his classroom across the hall and joined the gang, checking his silver wrist watch as he was too lazy to retrieve his phone from his pocket to check the time.

 

 

                They continued walking to the gate where Dongwoo and Hoya lounged on a stone bench under one of the many beautiful trees decorating the entrance.

 

 

                "You guys are late." Dongwoo frowned at them, "We need to hurry before those annoying girls get here."

 

 

                "Oh come on, you know you love being the center of attention whenever girls are involved." Sungkyu laughed.

 

 

                "You're still late." Dongwoo shot back going slightly pink, but smiling in spite of himself.

 

 

                "Well we would've been here sooner if a certain someone hadn't kept trying to attack me ever since classes ended." replied L ducking as, behind him, the small form of Sung Jong went sailing through the air right where his head would've been. Everyone chuckled at the ensuing pouts and muttered curses Sung Jong grumbled at having been foiled by L once again.

 

 

                "Still trying to be the best fighter in the school?" Hoya asked Sung Jong sympathetically. Sung Jong was unexpectedly athletic; his ability contrasted greatly with his slender form and adorably delicate features. He was what you would call a cute flower boy, so no one had expected him to be a scary fighting machine until he'd let loose one day. He had gained the reputation of best fighter of Seoul Foreign Language Academy and flaunted it with pride...until L showed up. About a year after L had been at the academy, Sung Jong had started a friendly brawl with him and become terribly mortified when he'd lost quite badly against the newcomer. Since then, he'd been using every opportunity he could to take back his title of best fighter, but L always seemed to have a sixth sense and could avoid his attacks with the least bit of effort. It infuriated Sung Jong, but the game of attack and be beaten had now evolved to an expected tradition amongst the group of friends and as long as L never got angry about it, Sung Jong was determined to keep trying.

 

 

                Ignoring Hoya's remark, Sung Jong turned to L and whined, "How do you do it L? How do you always win?"

 

 

                L flashed the youngest member of the group a smile and shrugged his shoulders indulgently, "Guess I'm just perfect." Of course L wasn't about to tell the truth, that eight years ago, he had gone to grandfather and asked to undergo physical training so that he could protect himself. His grandfather had seen the wisdom of the ten-year-old's request and had set up a rigorous training schedule where L had practiced hand to hand combat with men from the mafia, mastered several different martial arts, learned sword fighting, parkour and how to use a variety of weapons ranging from crude utensils such as a common spoon, to how to masterly wield a professional knife throwing set and different types of guns. Some of his training had consisted of being shut up in a dark room, in order to sharpen his sense of hearing and touch. He could tell whenever an enemy approached even if it was dark out, thus, he was always able to avoid Sung Jong.

 

 

                "No kidding." muttered Dongwoo, "Perfect grades, perfect looks, and perfect fighting skills. What part of you is not perfect?"

 

 

                "His desire to not get a girlfriend." piped up Sungyeol and the group broke into laughter again; it was true, since L had joined Seoul Foreign Language Academy (a school for rich and advanced high school and university students), he had expressed not even the slightest interest in getting a girlfriend, despite the neighboring girl's school that was pretty much the same as the prestigious Seoul Foreign Language Academy, except it was an all girls school. Their laughter was suddenly cut short by multiple squeals of "Oppaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!" that rang through the air. The seven friends whirled around, and a couple of choice words escaped a few lips.

 

 

                "Great. We didn't leave in time. I really don't want to get caught up in a mob of fangirls today." complained Hoya backing away.

 

 

                "Me neither." L said turning on his heels and sprinting out the gate, "Run!"

 

 

                Soon, all seven boys were flying out the gate with the thunderous stampede of high-heeled, and sneakered feet slamming the pavement after them.

 

 

                "Oppa! Wait up!!"

 

 

                "Sungyeol oppa, I just want to give you some homemade cookies!!"

 

 

                "I spent all last night sewing a sweater that will  go perfectly with your eyes, Dongwoo oppa!

 

 

                "Hoya, Sungkyu-ssi please! Just one picture. Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease."

 

 

                "L oppa marry me! Guys, don't let him get away! He's my future husband!"

 

 

                "No way! L oppa is mine. I saw him first. First come first serve."

 

 

                "Woohyun, please accept my feelings!"

 

 

                "Sung Jong-ah! Noona has you're favorite sweets!" Sung Jong started skidding to a stop, but Woohyun grabbed his arm and hauled him along. Desperately, they dashed around a corner and ducked into a small, nearby ramen shop. Panting, they peered cautiously out the window as a throng of eager girls raced by with signs and blowup pictures of their faces, clutching gifts and sweets and all manner of temptations meant to lure the friends to scary fates.

 

 

                As the last of them passed, Sungyeol closed his eyes and gave a great sigh of relief, "That was a close one."

 

 

                "No kidding," agreed Woohyun, "Remember last time they caught us?"

 

 

                "Ahhh...don't remind me." groaned Sungkyu shuddering, "What was it, two hours being pet and called out to and cameras everywhere and..." he was at a loss for words to express how horrible it had been.

 

 

                Yah. You! Flower boys!" cried a voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter