Tender Feelings

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Myungsoo felt slightly weird.

 

 

OK, a lot weird.

 

 

 It was, after all, his first time wearing street clothes. He’d never been so casually dressed before in his life. But, looking at himself in the mirror as he surveyed his simple shirt and jacket, jeans, hat, shades and scarf that he’d gotten Sungyeol to get for him (Sungyeol loved street clothes flair), he had to admit he did pull it off. Ruffling his hair to give it more style, he nodded in satisfaction at his overall appearance. He was so excited, but he also felt sick to his stomach with nerves. He had to make a good impression today.

 

 

 

 What kind of cologne should he wear? He was torn between using his Clive Christian No. 1 cologne or his Caron’s Poivre perfume for men. Which one was better smelling? He had absolutely no clue since he’d never cared before. But now, he desperately needed to know.

 

 

 

Hurrying to the doors, he allowed them to slide open and stealthily stuck his head into the hall. A butler stood a few paces away and turned to look at him as Myungsoo gave him a suspiciously innocent smile and asked him to fetch a maid.

 

 

“Pardon sir?”

 

 

Myungsoo lost his smile and snapped, “Just bring a maid up here at once.”

 

 

“Yes, sir.” The man straightened and bowed.

 

 

 

A few moments later, a frightened maid was scurrying into his room wondering what on earth was the problem. Myungsoo never called for maids. He always let them alone to do their work, never paying any of them special attention unless he was angry at a poor job they’d done, and then they were usually fired.

 

 

“Yes sir, how may I be of assistance?” the maid bowed not daring to look the master in the eyes.

 

 

“Quick.” Myungsoo grabbed her arm and dragged her over to his vanity and stuffed the priceless bottles of scent at the poor girl, “Which one smells more attractive?”

 

 

The maid blinked. Not sure if she’d heard right. “What?”

 

 

“Women sure like me to repeat myself, don’t they? Is that a psychological, feminine trait? But I suppose my noona can get me to do whatever she wants and I wouldn’t mind too much…aish…anyway, which of these two smell better? Quick.”

 

 

“Alright.” With shaking hands, the maid uncorked first the Clive Christian No. 1 and took a dainty sniff and then proceeded to smell his Caron’s Poivre.”

 

 

“Well?” L demanded, “Which one’s better?”

 

 

“It would depend on what you’re going for, sir.” The maid replied.

 

 

“What I’m going for?” L asked his expression going blank with confusion.

 

 

“Well, yes. You want to smell good for a woman, do you not?” Before Myungsoo could respond, she briskly continued, “Of course you do because, pardon the liberty sir, but you’ve never cared how you smell before and you’re not the kind to normally get worked up over something like this. So obviously you’re trying to impress someone and that someone will only be impressed if her tastes are met.”

 

 

“Her tastes?” Myungsoo began to be worried. Maybe he didn’t know much about the ‘dress to impress’ code of conduct after all.

 

 

Seeing his lack of confidence, the maid gathered her courage and began to lecture the young master. “What kind of girl is she? What are her likes, her dislikes? Is she a mature woman or does she seem more like an innocent girl? All these have to be taken into account. The kind of impression you want to leave on the girl is what will determine what you wear. For example, both these scents are…um…more seductive. Are you trying for the manly and mature concept? If so, these would be great.”

 

 

“Oh.” Was all Myungsoo seemed to be able to say. Suddenly, he had all these hard choices before him. After all, he wanted to be seen by Gaein-noona as manly and mature, and he’d be lying if he said he didn’t want to seem seductive to her. But knowing her, that would probably be the wrong way to go. He’d just gotten this date after a lot of effort and it wouldn’t be good if he ruined it by moving too fast. He still had time to move in that direction, but for now, it would be best to play it safe.

 

 

“I think I should go with something more casual then.” Myungsoo finally deliberated.

 

 

“Very good sir.”, the maid nodded. She respectfully bowed and turned to leave, now that her work was done when Myungsoo’s voice halted her in her tracks.

 

 

“Hold on! What kind of scent is casual but dignified at the same time? I still need help.”

 

 

The maid couldn’t help it. She laughed. Myungsoo’s gaze of desperation hardened.

 

 

“What are you laughing at?” he demanded.

 

 

“You have such a fearful reputation, sir.” She said between breathless bouts, “But you’re really quite cute.”

 

 

Myungsoo went three different shades of mortified red. He quickly looked away from her pretending to be absolutely distracted by some view out the window. The maid rummaged through his vanity and produced a “Gentleman Only Casual Chic Edt Spray”, a fragrance that passed as both dignified and simple.

 

 

            “Try this one, sir.” she smiled. Myungsoo casually took the bottle from her and sprayed himself allowing the scent to settle.

 

 

            “If that is all, then I’ll take my leave, sir.” the maid smiled as she turned to the door.

 

 

            “One more thing.” Myungsoo called, “What’s your name?”

 

            “My name is Yeeun. Park Yeeun.”

 

 

            “Yeeun-ssi, this conversation never happened, arasso?”

 

 

            “Of course.” Yeeun smiled, her eyes twinkling. She left the room leaving Myungsoo praying his reputation had not just been destroyed beyond repair.

 

 

…..

 

 

            Gaein didn’t know what to expect for the shopping spree with L today. He said he’d go shopping to get her something to wear for some extravagant party. Did that mean she had to dress up or they wouldn’t even allow her in the store? Maybe she should try to find her most formal attire and see if it worked. Going through her closet, she discarded everything she saw.

 

 

            Just face it, Choi Gaein. You were never meant to be classy. You just simply don’t have the wardrobe to pull it off. You’ll just have to suffer today and wear what you normally wear. What’s to be ashamed of? Sweaters and skirts are still cute.

 

 

            She finally settled on a cream collared button-up blouse that she wore under a pink sweater. She completed the outfit with a knee-length, brown flowy skirt and a fabric bow headband. Some earrings, a necklace and light makeup finished the ensemble. Looking at herself in the mirror, she resigned herself to her cute but casual look. Myungsoo was dramatic. He would probably show up in a tuxedo or something…she could only hope she wouldn’t humiliate herself or him when they went shopping today.

 

 

            “Daughter! Come down.” Her umma called from downstairs, “Your date has arrived!”

 

 

            “Yah. Mother, he is not my date. We’re just…” Gaein began as she hurried down the stairs.

 

 

                “Going shopping for a future date still counts as a date.” Her mother interrupted grinning like a teenage trouble-maker. Gaein stuck her tongue out at her mom before turning to see L who had come in and was waiting for her off to the side. Taking in his attire, Gaein was surprised and pleased that he hadn’t gone crazy-rich-boy on her. He actually looked really good in his outfit and she realized she was starting to stare.

 

 

                “You look really nice, L.” she smiled glancing from his attire to his face, “I wasn’t expecting you to know how to be able to look normal. I like it.” L stood slightly taller and the look of a vain peacock graced his chiseled features.

 

 

                “I can’t help it if I look good in everything.” He sighed dramatically, “But I must admit that I’m not surprised at how good you look today noona.”

 

 

                Gaein blushed at his compliment, “Thanks, I guess.”

 

 

                “Ooooh. Yup. He’s a charmer.” Mrs. Choi acknowledged. She swatted at L playfully with her wooden spoon (sometimes L wondered if it was permanently glued to her hand) and said, “Make sure you take care of her.”

 

 

                “Yes, umma-nim.” L replied bowing sharply to the ahjumma.

 

 

                “And don’t you try anything either.” the protective mother warned.

 

 

                “Ah…ok.” L replied meekly. Gaein laughed at their display and grabbed L’s arm pulling him out onto the streets indicating she was ready to go.

 

 

                “Bye umma!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter