Turning of the Tide

Noona, You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                After the dress had been promptly delivered to Myungsoo’s suite, it felt as if the most intense wait of his life had arrived. One week. Just one week was all that he had to get through. Myungsoo soon discovered that he was an impatient person. But recently, it felt like he was forced to wait for everything: the ball, claiming Gaein’s heart, to finally step into his role as Kim Myungsoo, Gaein…oh and did he mention Gaein?

 

 

 

                It seemed fate was combining against him—making him wait uncertainty for everything. But he would show fate who was boss. The universe was no match for him! After all, he was the great Kim Myungsoo! The young man smiled ruefully as he roamed the streets of Seoul. The warm weather made him feel lazy. Hands stuffed into his pockets, a breeze playing with his hair, he made his way to the noodle shop.

 

 

                It was his new hangout now. Before and after school, he seemed to always be there anymore. His friends always stopped by too. For all of them, it seemed the low-class, un-extraordinary shop was a second home. It was a place of warmth, love, and acceptance; something all the boys had grown fond of.

 

 

                The familiar sign of welcome hung in front of the small restaurant. Myungsoo glanced at it as he entered the doorway. Over at a table that he and his friends had now designated to be ‘their table’ in the center of the store, he saw the gang.

 

 

                “Yo, L. It’s about time you showed up.” Sungyeol called over a mouthful of rice.

 

 

 

Yeah.” Hoya agreed reclining against the chair he’d leaned back on till his legs swung lazily under the table.

 

 

 

(Couldn't pick which one I liked better so you get double the Hoya!! <3)

                Woohyun grinned at L but didn’t stop to greet him as the soup in front of him demanded his absolute and undivided attention. The bruise on his cheek from the fight that now felt like ages ago, had almost completely healed by now.

 

 

 

                Dongwoo still wore a few bandages, but he looked loads better than before. He wasn’t eating, just sipping his water, struggling to stay awake on such a nice, warm, relaxing day.

 

 

 

                L languidly tossed his bag at him, startling Dongwoo awake as it hit him in the side.

 

 

                “Yah.” He frowned at L, but too relaxed to be really angry.

 

 

                “Wake up sleepy-head.” L grinned.

 

 

                “Yes, umma.” Dongwoo scowled.

 

 

                “Hey watch my bag for me, arasso? I need to go in the back and greet Gaein-noona and umma-nim.”

 

 

                Beside Dongwoo, Hoya rolled his eyes and smirked. “Have fun.” He called.

 

 

                L’s smile widened, “I will, thanks.”

 

 

                L strode into the back kitchen, grabbing an apron from the stack in the corner and fluidly tied it around his waist. Instantly, he spotted the ahjumma who was with a terrified looking Sunggkyu showing him the proper way to cook meat in a pan that she’d catch on fire. By the looks of it, Sunggkyu didn’t expect to live to see the next hour. He also looked like he was an enemy of war being tortured mercilessly.

 

 

 

                But all the boys had started taking turns helping in the kitchen when Gaein-noona and umma-nim needed extra help. Secretly, some of the boys’ fanclub had started coming whenever they knew the boys would be on shift just so they could be served by them. Choi Ahjumma loved it. More customers was always good in her book despite what means were used to get them. Luckily, Woohyun had had the excellent idea to tell the girls not to make a big deal of them all working here or more girls would come to steal their beloved oppas attention and , "We wouldn't want that now, would we?" he had asked with a wink. All the girls had flushed and assured him that no one would tell anyone that their kingkas worked at a noodle shop. That assured unwanted attention not only from girls and the public in general, but the boys' families whose high class refinement might not take so well to their aspiring sons cooking food in a meneal kitchen.

 

 

                “Come on now, flip the meat…in a circular motion!” the ahjumma instructed.

 

 

                “I-i-ii-it’s hot! Ahjumaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.” Whined a pitiful Sunggkyu. His arm was still in a cast that was covered in Sungjong’s bright pink doodles and lots of girls’ signatures and phone numbers. L stared at the phone numbers and raised an eyebrow; talk about being indiscreet.

 

 

                “You’re a big boy. Now is not the time to be a scaredy-cat.” Choi ahjumma was unsympathetic, “Besides, this is a skill you can learn one handed and will come in handy for the rest of your life.”

 

 

                “Umma-nim, I’ve arrived.” L bowed smiling at the woman and Sunggkyu’s pleading looks of desperation calling for rescue.

 

 

                L shook his head at his friend’s plight. He couldn’t help him. When umma-nim put her mind to something, that was it.

 

 

                “Omo, you’ve come?” Umma-nim looked over at him.

 

 

                “Yes. Where is Gaein-noona?” L asked glancing around and not finding her anywhere.

 

 

                “She’s down in the cellar getting ingredients from the pantry.” Umma-nim replied.

 

 

                “I’ll go help,” L quickly offered before she could assign him any deadly tasks.

 

 

                He rushed to the steps and made his way down into a dim room filled with the warm scents of a million delectable spices and ingredients. L spotted Gaein rummaging through a shelf, her arms filled with cabbage, ginger and garlic. A wisp of dark hair fell forward onto her forehead.  L was seized with a now familiar desire to reach up and brush it out of her face.

 

 

                He started forward, but then dropped to his stomach and rolled out of the way as Sungjong flipped over him brandishing a fistful of carrots. L grabbed a potato from a sack resting against the wall, turned and whirled it into his opponent’s shoulder. Sungjong rolled backwards allowing his shoulder to not take the full impact as he ducked to the side and kicked out at him. L was about ready to grab his foot with lighting reflexes and throw him off balance when Gaein’s voice froze both boys in place.

 

 

 

                “Alright you two, don’t destroy my pantry.”

 

 

                She slipped between them and flicked Sungjong affectionately on the forehead causing him to topple backward and crash into the floor in a mock display of theatrics, “Noona,” he whined raising a pitiful hand to her in a silent request to help him back up.

 

 

                L intercepted Gaein and pulled Sungjong to his feet instead.

 

 

                “Yah.” L smiled down at him, “Since when have you been so familiar with Gaein that you come down to the basement by yourself with her?”

 

 

                Sungjong grinned mischievously up at him and raised his eyebrows, “Since I was un-officially adopted into her family!”

 

 

(Say whaaa? Hul!)

 

 

                “Wait, what?” L didn’t register what his dongsang had just said.

 

 

                “It means, pabo, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter