Leeteuk the friendly ghost

I Saw An Angel

Raffie’s sleep was disturbed when she felt and heard something moving in her room in the middle of the night. She slowly opened her eyes, looked around the room and sat on her bed.

“Is someone there?” She softly asked.

Her dad’s secretary turned to look at her. He smiled gently at her. “Did I wake you up?”

“What the hell you think you’re doing here?” She raised her voice a little.

But he ignored her and walked towards her.

“Are you some psychopath that Dad hired?” Her brow rose.

He shook his head. “Why are you so mad? Did I do something wrong?” He asked with a soft voice.

“HUH?!” She exhaled from her nose. “Will you just please leave me alone? You’re not supposed to stay here!”

He chewed his bottom lips. “I just want to make sure you are safe.”

“Tch.” She smirked and crossed her arms. “I’ve always been a lot of accident but I never died.”

His eyes blinked. “Why are you saying that?”

She noticed that his voice were just too calm. She inhaled. “NURSE!!!!” She called out loud.

Then Nurse Kim went rushing, she opened the door. “Miss?”

“Get that annoying guy out of my room!” She ordered the girl. Nurse Kim was puzzled.

“Excuse me?”

“I said take that guy out of my room!”

“Miss but there’s only the two of us.”

She crossed her arms, irritated of the nurse. “Are you drugs?”

“Miss Lee but there’s really no one here.”

The guy’s eye blinked. His stares went to the nurse then back to Raffie.

“He’s in front of you!” She almost stamped her feet like a kid.

The nurse walked towards her. She just passed through the guy like he’s an air. Raffie’s eyes went wide with what she saw.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.

“”Nurse Yoon, please give me a tranquilizer here to room 801.” The nurse said in the intercom.

The guy was shocked too with what happened. His eyes went wide as he heard the girl kept on screaming. He walked to the nurse and tried to touch her but he couldn’t.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! GIVE ME A SHOT!” Raphael started crying.

The nurse came and injected the medicine to Raffie while the guy walked out of the room.

It’s been a week since Raffie was discharged from the hospital and now she was back to her work. She’ll never forget what she encountered that night on that creepy hospital. She doesn’t believe in ghosts but now she doesn’t know what she thinks about it.

She walked out of her office and found her staff’s taking their lunch while chit-chatting.

“Mmm.” Assistant Hwang pointed her chopsticks towards the girls when she remembered something. “My older sister could see ghosts.”

“Jinjjaroo?” One of her staff asked.

“Yeh, she saw it with her own eyes.”

Raffie smirked and walked towards them.

“Oh, please eat with us Miss Raffie.” They invited her.

“Don’t you think you’re too old to believe in ghosts?” She raised her brow. “And…what’s that smell?”

They all smiled awkwardly.

She looked at their packed lunch. “Is that fish? Next time I don’t want you eat that kind of food here, hear me?”

They all nodded. “Yeh.”

“Spray an air freshener after you eat!” She said and left the girls.

Her phone rings to Samsung Beyond. She tapped her screen and saw her best friends name flashing.

“Hey, Mi Young!” She answered.

“Red tailed girl!” She was greeted a different way.

It made her chuckle. “I’m at work, do you need something?”

“Heh. Why can’t you ask me ‘How are you’ at least once?”

“Why? Are you hospitalized?” She asked with her normal speaking voice.

“Haayy, I’m really going crazy because of you!”

Raffie laughed softly and went inside the smoking room. She sat at one chair. “I got them from you.”

“Forget it. By the way, remember the guy I told you before?”

“What guy?”

“It’s the guy who wants to meet up with you.”

She nodded. “So? What’s with him?”

“He’s the total opposite of Kangin oppa. But the thing is…he didn’t come to our appointment.”

“Good then! I don’t want another headache.” She said as she remembers Kangin.

“Raffie, it’s time to leave the past, okay? Move on girl! I’ll try to contact him for you.”

“Stop setting me up for blind…” She stopped talking when she saw a familiar face standing from afar.

“Raffie?”

Seeing that guy again made her heart skipped a beat. She had goose bumps all over her body and she even felt her head getting bigger. Her lips trembled, she wanted to scream and run away. She stood up trying to run away but her knees wobbled that made her trip. She hardly closed her eyes and covered her face.

“RAFFIE? Are you okay?” Her friend’s voice can be heard since it’s too quiet on that place. She’s the only one using it to smoke.

Raffie started crying in fear, she sat there crying. Her assistant heard her and hurriedly run to where she was.

“Miss Raffie, are you alright?” Assistant Hwang pulled her up and dusted her dress.

“Did you…did you see…that?” Raffie was still trembling and crying as she spoke.

“What Miss Raffie?”

“The guy. The guys was there standing looking at me!” She pointed the glass door.

Her assistant shook her head. “Miss Raffie, no one is here but you. Besides, the only way here is through the boutique and no one’s coming yet.”

“Are you telling me that I’m a liar?” She tried to compose herself and lifted her chin at her assistant.

Her assistant bit her lips and shook her head. “Aniyo.”

She wiped the tears away from her cheeks. “Leave me alone!”

The girl lowered her head and exits the place. Raffie sighed.

Maybe I’m just tired. She made an excuse to herself.

“Miss Raffie, we’ll be going now. Please be careful of driving later.” The girls all bowed at her before leaving.

She was again left alone in her boutique like the usual days. All her designs must be done by the end of the month and she used almost three weeks lying on the hospital bed. There’s no way for her to rest because the deadline is near and that would be the end of the week other’s were already overdue but there’s an excuse so they gave her another chance and moved the date.

It was already past 11pm when she finished all of her designs. A satisfied smile formed in her lips while she’s scanning her every work.

“Haaahhh!” She stretched her arms while yawning.

I just need to finish the details and make samples tomorrow.

 She said in her mind and started tidying her table. After she’s done, she walked out of her office and locked it.

“I need your help.” A voice came that sent goose bumps all over her body once again.

She straightened her back and forcedly shut her eyes.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” He softly said.

She covered her ears and walked faster, it made her look like doing the catwalk to the front door.

“I just need your help.”

“Huhhhhh!” She shook her head as if she wanted to cry. “Stop bothering me please.”

“I’m not a bad person…I’m here to ask for your help.”

“Hhhhuuhhhhhh! You’re not even a person...” She shook her head as if she’s going crazy, “Ommmaaa!!” She didn’t look back, eyes still closed.

“Please?” He pleaded sounding so lonely.

“I don’t do charity works so please leave me alone and don’t ever come back!!!!!!”

It becomes silent after she said that words. She slowly calmed down and carefully opened her eyes to look around the place. Raffie fanned herself, exhaling deep loads.

“God, I’m sorry. I swear I’ll pray to you again.” She talked to herself, locked the glass doors and hurriedly hopped in her car.

The guy was still running inside her mind. Seeing dead people drives her crazy but whenever she remembers his face she thinks that he’s not that scary after all unlike what you see in horror films. Another thing that made her think of him is whenever he spoke. He sounded so calm and friendly.

Raffie became busy the next days. She jots down every detail of her design and made examples to each of them. As expected, her clients praised her for her exceptional works and even asked her to make a winter collection. She agreed to it.

Running the business for two years made her popular. Most people in the same industry knew that she was the person behind those big Apparels. Her designs were always used in runway fashion shows. Other companies were only buying her designs.

“Miss Raffie, why don’t we just join Project Runway?” Assistant Hwang asked her.

She smiled a bit. “Why? Aren’t we doing well here?” She asked back.

Joining New York’s Fashion Week was never been her dream. Making clothes she likes and seeing people wearing her designs with a smile was enough for her.

They all went home early that night. She stopped walking when she saw Kangin standing in front of her door.

“Let’s talk.” The guy told her.

“I have nothing to say to you.”

“I have a lot.”

“I don’t want to hear it.”

“I want to know the reason…” His hurtful eyes stared at her.

“Why?” She smirked and shook her head.

“Raffie…” His eyes started to glitter because of the forming tears. “…what happened to us?”

She looked away. “We’re still young and stupid back then…that’s what happened.”

“Why are you being like this?” He walked close to her and held her hand.

Raffie quickly pulled it away. “Ask yourself.” She left the guy crying and locked the door in her condo.

Kangin lowered his head and hide his face. He still loves Raffie after 7 long years of being apart. It’s true that he dated a lot of girls and slept with them but that was because he was hurt when Raffie left him without saying anything.

FLASHBACK

“If the guys gave him another punch he might end up being comatose.” The doctor told Kangin’s parents how bad his condition was.

Kangin finally woke up after being asleep for a week in the hospital. The first person he looked for was Raffie. He feared that the bartenders hurt his girlfriend.

“Raf-Raffie…!” He called out loud expecting that she would hurry to sit beside him.

“Shhh! Son, Raffie’s not here.” Her mother told him.

“I want to…” He wasn’t still able to speak well.

Her mother held his hands. “Don’t talk…its okay now son, you’re fine.”

“Mmmaa.” He called his mom. “Where’s…Raffie?”

“She left you.” Mrs. Kim coldly told his son. “Don’t worry about her, she’s not hurt. Just take some rest will you?”

“I want to see her.” He said as he started crying.

The old lady exhaled deeply. “She left you. She’s not here anymore and she didn’t tell us where she was going. Son, she doesn’t care about you. She didn’t even come here to visit you.”

“That’s not true!!” He shouted, trying to get up. “RAFFIE!!!!”

“She doesn’t love you anymore, just forget about her.” His mom trying to keep him lying on the bed.

“Aniyo..anindeyooo!!” He shook his head ignoring the pain from his bruised body. “RAFFFFFFFIIIEEEE!” He cried out loud.

END OF FLASHBACK

Kangin left her house with a heavy heart. He met their childhood friends and drank the whole night.

While Raffie weakly sat down on the floor and cried her heart out. She knows how much she loves Kangin. They shared 12 years of innocence, laughter, tears and love so how come she could forget the first man she loved?

 

Suddenly, she felt something that covered her cold shoulders. It was a white jacket and she knew who owns it. The guy kneeled in front of her with that sympathetic look in his eyes. It’s as if he’s telling her that he understood. Instead of getting scared of seeing him again, she just lowered her head and cried harder.

“I don’t like seeing you crying.” He softly told her.


What would you do if you're Raffie? XD