First kiss

I Saw An Angel

Leeteuk hurriedly went back inside Raffie’s unit, passing through the walls to get inside the bedroom; his hands automatically grabbed the pen while his eyes ramble around the room to look for a sticky note.

 That guy is working for Kangin! He was more than a hundred percent sure as the guy stood like a bodyguard behind the two royalties.

He wrote down, ‘it’s him!’, on the note. It’s the easiest way he thought how he could pass the message to either Kyuhyun or Heechul. But how to give it to them is what troubles him. How could he give that small note to the guys without anyone seeing it and scaring them away?

I need to find a way! He thought. His head turned from the sound of the loud buzz from the intercom. They are here!

Raphael’s group eyed each other with a confused look. No one’s expected to come aside from the people that are already sitting around the table. Heechul suddenly felt his heart stopped from beating, thinking it was someone really unwanted.

“Stay here, I’ll get it.” Jessica smiled at others, clueless of the current situation her friend was going through.

Sungmin shook his head, eyes half-closed. “No! I will!” He stood up and walked with no direction.

The atmosphere is weird but it made them laugh a bit at his fail gentleness. Leeteuk then took the chance to slip the note inside the pocket of Kyuhyun’s shirt.

“OHHH? Ommonim!” They heard Sungmin cheered as if he got awake from drunkenness.

Everyone again gave each other a confused look while Yuri and Yoona are still trying to calm the drunk and crying Raffie. Yesung stood up and followed, getting curious who the visitor was.

“Kangin?” His eyes went wide and looked back where Raffie is.

“Hey!” The guy greeted him.

Yesung turned and bowed a bit to give respect to Kangin’s mother.

“Where’s Raffie?” The old lady sweetly asked Yesung.

Jessica smiled awkwardly and looked at Yesung asking him to rescue her. They all knew that Kangin’s mother never approved of Raffie’s relationship with her son.

Yesung bowed again, “I’m sorry Mrs. Kim, but Raffie won’t be able to talk to you right now.”

“Really?” His honesty made the old lady raised her brows, “why not?”

“Because she’s drunk,” Jessica blurted.

Annoyance is what the two can see from Mrs. Kim’s face. What kind of woman is Raffie? That’s what her face says but then smiled at the two in the end. “Okay then, I’ll just go back some other time.”

Meanwhile, Leeteuk was getting uneasy when Kyuhyun only focused on his girlfriend and the drunken Raffie. He scribbled on another paper; the guy who tried to kill Raffie is here! When the chance came to him again, he quickly dropped it inside Yoona’s ped bag, thinking maybe she could see it instead but he sighed when Yoona zipped her bag back.

Kangin turned as well when his mother started to walk away.

“Aren’t you going to stay?” Jessica suddenly asked him.

The old lady looked at her son and nodded.

He smiled a bit. “Thank you but not now I think.”

Yesung grabbed his arm, “I guess she needs you now.”

Bored Heechul suddenly followed the two, “yah! What’s taking you so long?” His eyes went wide when he saw Kangin and his mother.

“Heechul,” Mrs. Kim greeted him with a plain smile.

“Annyeonghasseyo!” He lightly bowed then looked up again, his brows met, trying to look at their bodyguard’s face.

“Kangin should stay here, right?” Heechul looked at Yesung when he swat him.

“YAH!”

Jessica cling her arms on Kangin’s, “let’s go inside, everyone’s waiting for us.”

The two guys smiled and bowed again to their friend’s mother and hurriedly closed the door, leaving the old lady shaking her head.

Raffie rested her forehead on her arms, leaning on the table. She lost her control but she understands what’s going on around her. What her friends telling her were still clear. It’s just she can’t control her emotions though she’s not aware of Kangin’s existence.

Yoona sipped on her glass, acting sadly-convincing. “I do envy you before to be honest.” She told Raffie.

“Why?” She softly asked.

“You told me once how Kangin oppa took care of you.”

Raffie nodded in repeat, “he really did, he was my friend, my protector, and he never left my side.”

“I even think you’re the luckiest girl back then.”

“I am, not until he left, I realized how pathetic I was when I first came to States, how weak I was, how vulnerable I was when he’s not around, I even asked myself…” Raffie paused.

Everyone was sadly looking at her.

“…how am I supposed to live without him? I felt like I lost my other leg, I lost my other sight then one day, I knew that I lost everything.”

Kangin stood behind Raffie, trying to control his tears. If there’s someone in pain that minute, it is Leeteuk who can hear their conversation.

“I lost all my reason to live; I really did become a freak, got bullied because I wanted to be alone.”

Tiffany sniffed, remembering how she rescued Raffie years ago. She learned from Raffie’s step-mother when her best friend tried to kill herself and that’s what made her decide to study on the same school as Raffie.

Slowly, she recovered from all her loss and became the woman that people often calls her like before, wicked.

“She even tried to kill herself,” Tiffany didn’t control herself and told them about Raffie’s secret.

All their friends even Kangin got startled with that confession because it only means one thing, Raffie is mentally unstable. In a moment, she felt familiar strong arms wrapped around her, keeping her warm and making her feel safe. She knows who owns them. It made her cry harder which made the guy let his tear fall.

“I’m sorry,” Kangin whispered, sincerely apologizing to Raffie.

She just covered her face and sniffed loudly, unable to talk and think.

“Let’s leave them now.” Heechul suggested but the way said it, he’s like commanding the guys.

In less than half an hour, the entire unit becomes silent as they left one by one. The two needs time to talk. A serious talk without hatred would definitely make things work all right.

Raffie stopped from crying but she’s still like a kid snuggling to her ex lover’s chest. Kangin kept his arms wrapped around her, calming his drunk ex girlfriend.

 

= = = = =

 

Kangin received a message from Kyuhyun in the afternoon. It was an update to Raffie’s case he said. His eagerness to catch the criminal made him drop all his work and meeting on the night. He drove his car to Kyuhyun’s condominium.

He just knocked once then he met Kyuhyun’s strong fist. His friend punched him.

“What the are you doing?” Kangin exclaimed.

“I should be asking you that!” The guy shouted at him.

“What are you talking about?” He was confused.

“You are with him last night, aren’t you?” Kyuhyun angrily grabbed Kangin’s collar.

“Let go!” He struggled. “Who’s him? Damn! CHO KYUHYUN!”

He let go of Kangin and showed up a printed picture which he captured from the cctv. Kangin’s eyes blinked.

“This guy!” Kyuhyun pointed the guy beside him.

“What about him?” He furiously asked.

“He is the guy who tried to kill Raffie!”

Kangin’s eyes went wide. There’s a suddenly conclusion forming inside his head. Given all the facts and information he has in mind, my mum is the one who wants Raffie dead?

 

= = = = =

 

Raphael hugged her knees, sadly looking at the silent Leeteuk. He hasn’t said a word since she woke up. She knows the reason but pretended not to. It’s so hard for her to even say a word too. Throughout the night that they were all talking about her and Kangin’s past; it is obviously heartbreaking for Leeteuk.

God knows how much she tried to tell Leeteuk, I’m sorry, but words are not coming out from her lips. Sure, she loves Leeteuk but she’s not sure if she still loves Kangin. Everything has become too confusing for her.

“Can we talk?” She finally asked Leeteuk.

“What about?” He asked her back with his straight face.

Raffie lowered her head, she felt his sudden coldness. “Us?” she looked up at him.

“I’m sorry if I’m being silent today which is unusual,” he said and looked at her to continue, “’coz I’m wondering if there’s really an US.”

“I was drunk last night.” She defended silently.

He nodded, a tear forming in his eyes, but laughed it awkwardly instead. “Yeh, that’s what made me realize how much you love him still.”

Raffie walked to sit beside him, “that’s not true.”

“You didn’t even remember me last night, right?”

She lowered her head and stayed in silence.

Leeteuk slightly nodded again, her silence means yes and it was the sad truth. From that he unexpectedly started to cry silently.

When she saw him crying, she felt how hard it was to see him like that. His tears made her cry. She doesn’t know how to console Leeteuk so she just moved closer to him and hugged him from the back. Her face rested on his shoulder, soaking his shirt with her tears.

Her embrace is like begging him to forgive her. She really can’t defend herself even if she tried. I love Leeteuk, I love him so much! That was the reason why she was crying. She hurt his feelings and now she can’t stand seeing him in pain.

“I’m so sorry…” She cried aloud after saying those words.

Leeteuk tried to stop his tears by covering his eyes with his fingers.

She tightened her hug, “I really am sorry.”

He finally hold her arms around his belly, he nodded.

“Leeteuk…” Raffie softly called him.

He turned to face her slightly; she used her small fingers to wipe the tears away from his cheeks. Staring at each other’s eyes, Raffie uttered. “I love you so much!”

Leeteuk did the same thing, using his thumb to wipe her tears away, he hold her chin and felt Raffie brushed her lips on his. He tilted his head on the side and gently moves his lips to feel hers more, eyes closed.


Finally!!!! My net connection was back! c': I'll update again tomorrow!