Manifestation

I Saw An Angel

Raphael got a call again from her best friend, Tiffany. The girl was asking her again if she could sleep over her house. She agreed to it without asking her the reason. The first time Tiffany stayed at her place, she was crying to her telling her that things at their house were not good. Despite her parents being married for 3 decades; the old couple decided to get separated and live their own lives. Raffie felt the pain her best friend was going through.

“You’re still lucky because you have them both. They may be live in different houses but their love for you will never change.” Raffie was trying to pacify her.

“Can I talk to her too?” The man she likes spoke.

“SHHH!” She sneered at him and motioned him to keep quiet.

Tiffany’s brow rose, looking at her best friend talking to someone when there’s only the two of them in the room.

The host of the house stood straight. “I’ll just get something for us to drink.”

She smiled a bit at her and nodded. “Sure.”

“You know, talking about problems without a drink is boring.” She grinned.

“Who told you I’ll let you drink?” Leeteuk said frowning.

Raffie sneered and walked out of the room to get what she needs.

“Hey! You promised that you’ll never drink again.”

“I’m sorry but my friend needs me.” She shuddered and took the tray with a bottle of wine and glasses back to the guest room.

Both their eyes widened when they saw Tiffany looking at the guy’s clothes from the closet. They looked at each other worriedly.

“Hey!” Raffie called her friend in awkwardness just to get her attention away from the clothes.

“Raffie?”

“Hhmm?” She awkwardly smiled.

“Do I have to know something?”

“Something like…what?”

“Like…” Tiffany was trying to grasp the words. “…are you dating someone?”

She shook her head hard and chuckled awkwardly. “No, of course not. What made you say that?

She lifted the shirts and showed it to Raffie. “Who owns this?”

“Don’t tell her that it’s mine.”

She whispered, looking back at him a bit. “Do you think I’m stupid to tell her that?”

“Eh?” Miyoung’s eyes blinked. “Are you saying something?”

“Ahh? No.” She forces a calm smile. “I mean that’s my brother’s.”

“Okay. But that’s weirder.”

They sat on the floor while Raffie took the cork screw and opened the wine then poured half of their glasses. Raphael asked Leeteuk to leave them for awhile since she thinks it’s not fair if he still listens to their conversation. Everything her friend tells her is a secret so how could she let him stay and listen.

= = = = =

“Did you notice anything strange?” Kangin asked Tiffany when they talked over the phone.

“Why don’t we just meet at The Coffee Shop?” She said instead of answering because she finds it dangerous to talk about it inside Raffie’s house.

Sometimes she felt guilty towards her best friend doing this thing but there’s more than half of her that says it’s the right thing to do. She’s not here to betray or make her friend a fool but she’s doing this for Raffie.

Yes! Tiffany was there to watch Raphael. Something is wrong with Raffie, she knows! Kangin asked her help to do it and by pretending that she needs a place to stay to is their plan.

Tiffany was certain that there’s someone living with them but it’s confusing her because she never found a living proof.

She’s talking to someone, she’s making guy’s clothes, and she cooks more than what we can eat and when I wake up…there’s nothing in fridge or in the table. That only means someone ate it. She even washes those guy’s clothes as if it’s used…?

Those were the things that bothered Tiffany. She stays at home but never found someone.

Is Raffie dating someone that’s why she doesn’t love Kangin anymore?

She shook her head at that thought. How could Raffie possibly fall in love with another man when she’s not seeing anyone?

The phone lighted her room. She lazily tap on the bed looking for it, she rolled on her bed and swiped her phone. Kangin left her a message.

Kangin: Do you still remember Dennis?

Her brow rose.

Tiffany: Yes, I still do. Why?

Kangin: He didn’t die; his whole family migrated to US.

Tiffany: I should tell Raffie about this.

With her last message to Kangin, Tiffany hurriedly ran out to Raffie’s room but she got stoned with what she sees. Raphael was standing under the lights and she has two shadows. Her eyes widened.

No! They’re not Raffie’s!

With that fear she felt, Tiffany fainted.

Raffie hurriedly walked towards her best friend in panic and Leeteuk carried the unconscious girl back to her bed. She took a hand fan and sits beside Tiffany who’s still unconscious. She had no idea what happened to her friend but she won’t forget that scared face of Tiffany while looking at her.

Did she saw Leeteuk? She asked herself worriedly then shook her head. No way! I could only see him!

She’s still fanning Tiffany when the girl slightly moved. “Hey, are you okay?”

Her friend jot up and looked around still scared. “I saw something, Raffie! You had two shadows…NO…it’s a guy’s shadow!”

Leeteuk widened his eyes and looked at Raffie’s direction. “How did it happen?” He asked her.

She ignored him then frowned. “Calm down, no one’s here!”

“I saw it! I SWEAR!”

“I’ll just get you water.” She told her purposely. Raffie walked out of the room and Leeteuk followed her.

“I don’t know what’s going on.” She started. “How did you do that?”

Leeteuk shook his head in confusion. He himself doesn’t know how he did that.

“You can make me see you, you could touch things, you can eat and now…you make anyone see you?”

“I don’t know too, Raffie. Go back to Tiffany, she needs you now.”

She left the guy inside her room and took a glass of water for Tiffany.

“Did you carry me back on this bed?”

Raphael got stoned with Tiffany’s question. She doesn’t know what to tell her. Her heart wants to tell everyone that she’s dating someone else. Tell them that she’s actually happy right now. It’s hard for her but she wanted to tell her best friend about Leeteuk.

Would she believe me? That’s what she always ask herself after thinking so hard if she should at least tell Tiffany about him.

Now that her friend is slowly discovering her secret; why is she so scared?

After that night, Tiffany never came back to Raffie’s house. She didn’t even tell anything to their group.

Somebody is living with Raffie.

She was certain about that thing but how could she tell everyone else about that when her best friend can’t even open up that topic to her. While Raffie was so thankful that she never dared to ask of her about Leeteuk though she knew her best friend already has a clue.

They lost contact for a few days.

“Are you okay?” Leeteuk asked Raffie.

She just nodded and hugged the guy. He slowly the strands of her hair. Somehow he felt what’s wrong with her.

The two knew that their feelings are mutual and the fact that Leeteuk is already dead didn’t stop them to fall in love. With the current situation they’ve got into suddenly hurt them both and it was the fact that there would never be forever.

He wrapped his arms around her woman tightly. Not wanting to let her go. Minutes have passed until he heard Raffie sobbed.

= = = = =

“This was taken when we’re in 9th grade.” Raffie showed Leeteuk her past happily.

He smiled. “I can guess…this is you.” He said pointing to the pigtailed-hair girl.

She giggled. “How did you know?”

“You didn’t change.” His eyes smiled and looked at her.

“This Tiffany beside me, this is Yoona and…”

Leeteuk pointed a guy wearing eye glasses. “Who is he?” He asked when he felt that he knew the kid.

Raffie’s eyes blinked. “That’s Dennis.” The smile on her face faded and he seemed to notice it.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

She wryly smiled and closed the year book. “An accident happened before.”

“Then?”

“Dennis died. I know our group is to blame.” She lowered her head.

“Why would you blame yourself and your group? I’m sure you didn’t kill him right?”

A deep sigh came out from Raffie. “I wished we didn’t.”

“You mean you hit the kid to death?” His eyes widened.

“NO! Of course not! We would never do that.”

“Then what?”

“Our friends bullied him.” She nodded a bit. “I’ll admit that but not to the point they physically hurt him.”

He silently listened to his girlfriend.

“They locked Dennis inside the room where we did something on the chemicals. The guys just want him to redo it to pass but we never knew that it’ll explode and cause fire.” She lowered her head.

The guy scoots close to her and pull her in his arms. “It’s not your fault. It was an accident.”

She smiled a bit and looked up at him, hugging his arms around her. “From that day forward, all the students called our group with different names, ‘The rich arrogant’s’ and they even called us killers.” She pouted a bit.

He tightened his hug on Raffie. “I’m sure he’s not blaming you guys and if ever Dennis has already forgiven you guys.”

She closed her eyes and smile a bit as she hugged his arms more towards her.

Though he’s trying to take that thought away from her mind, there’s something heavy inside his heart and it was strange. He felt that the moment he saw the kid’s face.

 

AT THE COFFEE SHOP

“I don’t know if you’re just hiding something because she’s your best friend but…” Kangin was cut off by Tiffany.

“I have nothing to tell you, I swear!”

He’s not convinced with what Tiffany told him. She only said that Raffie is too happy with her work now to focus on something else.

“I don’t believe you.”

She looked away while saying, “I’m telling the truth.”

“You’re hiding something.” Kangin’s stare was too sharp. “If you don’t want to help me, I’ll do it myself.”

Tiffany sighed. “I want to help you but…I’m sorry.”

It’s okay to fight for Raffie. She wanted to tell him. But how can we fight over…a ghost?

 

IN PARADISE

“Father, why did you let everything happen?” Michael is starting to feel anxious of what’s going on.

HE only smiled at him and patted his shoulder. “Be patient my son.”

“He’s not supposed to love her.” He sadly said. “Angels shouldn’t fall in love with humans.”


Updated finally! xd I'll upload another one tomorrow :) Don't forget to leave comments please? :')