Changes

I Saw An Angel

After what happened last night, Raffie thought that she should make it up to Leeteuk so she decided to prepare dinner for him.

“Do you really know how to cook?” her man asked her.

She shyly shook her head, “I have a book here beside me!” Raffie cheered.

Leeteuk chuckled when she pulled her hand more to hug her waist, “I can feel you loosening it.”

“I won’t let go of you even if I hug you loosely, babe.”

She giggled, “The first time you called me that.”

“Do you like it?” He hesitantly asked.

His girlfriend nodded firmly telling him she really likes it.

“Know what?”

“Hmm?” she took a glance at her man and back to the pan.

“I think I fall for you desperately, seeing you for the first time.”

Raffie stopped from what she’s doing; the slight but satisfied smile was drawn in her lips. She turned to face Leeteuk while his arms are still wrapped around her waist. “How do you say so?” she finally asked.

“I never look for myself again the moment I stepped in your life,” his soft voice melted her knees.

Raffie’s eyes blinked, that’s right, his only purpose was to seek help from her to find his true identity, how he died and where his family was. “Why?” she almost whispered.

It didn’t take a second for him to answer, “Because I’m happy with just you beside me.”

“When did you realize that you like me?”

“The moment I found you crying on the floor, looking helpless.”

She stared at his glittering eyes, “please, never leave my side.”

He nodded lightly to make her smile. There they were again, talking about their love for each other but then will end up getting worried and scared of what might tomorrow would bring to them.

Leeteuk’s eyes blinked as his nose wrinkled a few times. He smells something strange around the place, it’s like…burning. His eyes went wide and noticed that Raffie smelled it too.

“OMMMMMAAAAA!!” She cried in annoyance when she found her dinner got burnt.

He started laughing, “I knew this would happen.”

“YAH! I know how to cook!”

“Aye! You never cooked even one dish!” He .

She started to whine like a kid, stomping her feet on the ground. “I did!” she poured the burnt food on the plate, “I know how to boil eggs and fry!”

Her honest response made him laugh again, “aigoo! Just stay in the room and I’ll cook for us, okay?”

“But I want to make a dinner for you.” Raffie pouted.

“Next time, babe,” he said that made her smile again.

“Okay then.”

“You really love me calling you that, hm?” He poked her waist.

“Ack!” She squealed, giggling.

He did it again on the other side, laughing softly.

“YAH! TEUK-AH!”

= = = = =

FLASHBACK

“Raphael Lee?” Mrs. Kim asked her assistant to make sure.

The guy in the black suit nodded. “Yes, Mrs. Kim.”

“Okay, let her in,” she said lifelessly.

When she looked up, her eyes already met the eyes of Raffie’s step-mother. The old lady is too clueless why President Yoon’s mistress came to visit her. Like what she expected, her visitor looked so classy with her dress. Indeed what money can do to a person. From rags to riches, that’s how she described the old lady before.

To be honest, it’s not that she doesn’t like Raffie. In fact, she wants her son to get married to Raffie before; both their families were close together. The late Mrs. Yoon, Raphael’s biological mother, they both had an agreement that they will make their children get married, Kangin and Raffie. But tragic accidents do happen and Mrs. Yoon died.

At first, she thought it was normal for the young Raffie to mourn of losing her mum too early. Still, she didn’t break the agreement and still wanted the little girl to be her daughter soon she grows up. Few months had passed and news came to them that Mr. Yoon is going to get married with an unknown woman from their society. Then she slowly witnessed how Raffie’s attitude changed towards everything.

Until one day, she couldn’t take things anymore because it was her only son’s life that’s been at risk because of Raffie.

She smiled wryly at the old woman, “what brought you here?”

Raffie’s step-mother smiled, “I have something you’ve lost but I can give it back to you.”

“Oh really?” she asked, showing interest and curiosity.

“I heard your family business is going through difficulties,” the woman said while nodding.

“Go straight to the point.”

“You need an investor,” there’s a smirk on her lips as she cross her arms.

Kangin’s mother raised her brows, “so?”

“I can give you one, or might as well give you other business as well.”

It sounded so tempting for a business woman like her, “so what can I do for you in return?”

“I want Raffie and Kangin get married that would be a good investment to the business industry.”

Mrs. Kim smirked, “I’m not selling my son.”

“Well, if you only knew, Raffie is the only inheritor of Yoon’s and Lee’s.”

Raphael’s step-mother offered her to be the investor on their failing business and promised to give her the most successful business they had, the clothing line – Your Style. She even sent a bodyguard which she explained as one of the PSS or in Military terms, Presidential Security Service.

Desperate to save their own company, Mrs. Kim agreed to the proposal of President Yoon’s mistress.

END OF FLASHBACK

“But why would my mum do that?” Kangin asked himself while he’s reading his secretary’s report for every month and the entire year of 2013. Though at work, his mind was preoccupied by Raffie and his mother.

Kangin dropped by at Kyuhyun’s office to know that he’s away at the moment to attend a hearing at the Supreme Court in Seocho- gu. He decided to just send him a message asking him about the progress in Raffie’s case.

Soon Kyuhyun got home; he read all his e-mails and phone messages. Afraid to even missed one of important information his clients sending him that’s needed in the cases he’s currently working on. He skipped his friend’s name purposely so he could concentrate to his another case that would be tomorrow.

The lawyer reviewed everything before he managed to have time to read his friend’s messages. He opened his girlfriend’s messages first. It was the normal messages of a concerned lover and partner; he answered all her questions one by one then moved to his other message. His brows met when he read about Kangin’s message.

Kyuhyun’s long fingers automatically typed fast like he didn’t even think about what to tell his friend first. He said that he’ll only be free after a few days since his schedule was tight for holding three cases plus Raffie’s though there’s no formal filing of the case against the hit man, Raffie’s step-mother and Mrs. Kim if ever she’s an accomplice then if not, he feels sorry for Kangin but he will be the one to file a case against his mother as an accessory to the crime if ever something happens to Raffie.

Kangin’s friend told him that he will give strict instructions to their security and will show the guy’s picture to them. The condominium where he and Raffie lives are one of the safest building around Seoul where high profiled people lives; mainly the reason of strict securities.

= = = = =

Days have passed after Raffie throw out a birthday party on her unit. She got a call from her father in the morning that wakes her up.

“Mmmm,” she mumbled sleepily when she heard her father asked if she’s still on the line.

“You can start working next week, I had everything done. From the flooring to designs, the materials you needed and working room, the office, staff’s quarter, the boutique and where your employees can work to make clothes.”

Her eyes got widened with what she heard, “You mean Your Style?”

She heard the old man chuckled, “Yes, my dear. I told you I have everything done.”

Raffie pouted remembering something, “But it’s already Friday and we still need to do ribbon cutting.”

“Like I said, I had everything done,” he said as if grinning.

Her smiles went wider; she looked at the confused Leeteuk who’s listening to her telephone conversation.

“What did he tell you?” Leeteuk asked whispering.

Raffie grinned, “You mean I really can start working on Monday?”

“Yes, my little princess. Drop by here by 9AM and do the ribbon cutting.”

“OH MY GOD! That’s so nice of you, Dad!” She cheered happily.

Leeteuk decided to go out and look for something to eat and drink since he’s not going back to bed. He looked up at the clock only to realize that it was only 4:30 in the morning. Deep long sigh went out from his lips and felt sleepy again after knowing the time. His eyes blinked when he found something strange from the corner of his eyes.

Is that me glowing? He asked himself and looked at the mirror to check again but he’s normal.

His heavy steps led him to the bathroom and give his morning blessing to the toilet bowl and do his thing after. Sleep again, that’s what all inside his mind when he started to walk out of the bathroom. He looked down to walk straight since the bathroom was elevated but what he sees made his eyes went wider.

He’s floating!

HARD SLAP

Leeteuk didn’t think twice if it’s going to hurt him because he has to know if he’s just too sleepy or what. But his feet were back on the ground.

“Agh! I’m becoming delusional!” He shook his head.

“What was that?” He didn’t notice that Raffie was already there looking at him.

“What?” he asked.

“I heard something. Are you hurt?” she was quite worried.

He shook his head, “I just killed a mosquito.”

She giggled, “aigoo! Sprays are trend this day.”

Raffie was about to go back inside the room when a white thing caught her eyes, she frowned and tried to look back again at Leeteuk’s back. Her eyes blinked and found nothing.

Weird. She told herself. But it does look like a wing.