Truth

I Saw An Angel

Kangin hurriedly run towards the shop’s entrance and forcedly kick the glass door hoping it’ll break but he fails to do so.

“RAFFIE!!!!” He shouted.

 An idea came in his mind and run back to his car, he took the 4 way lug wrench from the trunk and hit the glass door with it until it breaks. He used all his strength to kick the remaining glass and enter the store. The fire starts to eat the shop voraciously. The shop has been burning faster than he thought since everything that’s inside the shop were fabric.

“Raffffiiieee!!” He called her out as loud as he can.

In split seconds he heard sirens coming from fire trucks and ambulance. He runs inside the bathroom and hit the pipes so the water will come out and it’ll help a lot.

He took off the jacket he’s wearing, wet it and used it to cover him. His footsteps led him inside Raffie’s office. She found her lying on the floor, unconscious.

Raphael’s ex-boyfriend hurriedly ran towards her, now he’s starting to cough. Thinking that she fainted because of the fumes; Kangin wiped the wet jacket on her face but she has no movements at all. All the hanged frames started to burn and fall down on the couch. Even the ceiling was starting to block their way out.

It was the first time he felt the fear of dying.

No! We won’t die here! He’s trying to be brave.

“AHHHH!” He screamed loudly out of frustration. “HELP!!”

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun knew where he was so he hurriedly drives to where Kangin was. His office was near Raffie’s shop. He even witnessed Kangin entered the shop.

His eyes got widened with what he saw.

How the did this happen?

Kyuhyun’s attention got diverted with the sound of a motor being fueled. He turned his head and saw a man wearing helmet smirked while looking at the shop. Soon the authorities came and take control of the situation.

Kangin thought on what to do. He carried Raffie to the bathroom and let them get soaked from the pipes. A burning wood suddenly dropped almost hitting both of them. At that moment he thought it would really be the end and he felt that his heart even stopped from beating until he clearly sees the piece of wood as if it’s been kicked away.

It’s already dark inside the shop but he’s sure somebody did it for them. Suddenly, his question towards Raffie’s strange acts has been answered that minute. A tear fell from his eyes not because he’s sacred to die.

He looked at the Raffie in his arms and hugged her tightly, crying his heart out.

Leeteuk is just watching them as the guy kept on crying. He knew that Kangin already found out that he exists.

I have to protect Raffie, in every possible way I can. Leeteuk told himself.

What happened earlier gave him no choice but to kick the piece of burning wood away. If he didn’t it might have blocked the way out from the rest room and worst they will be trapped.

An hour passed and the fire volunteers declared that the fire has been under controlled. They even helped the victims get out of the burning shop. They’ve been sent to the nearest hospital and Kyuhyun came too to watch his friends.

Kangin is on a daze the whole time he’s being treated by the nurse while Raffie is still unconscious.

“Let’s just make the patients stay overnight so we can do some tests to them.” The lady nurse suggested.

They’ve been move in one huge room. Kyuhyun was in silence too while his arms crossed, frowning a bit. The guys were on deep thoughts.

I won’t easily give her up. Kangin finally made a decision in his mind.

Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts the moment his phone rings. It was Yoona calling him. He answered it. “Hey!”

“They said the visiting hours are over, are you really okay?” His girlfriend asked worriedly.

He nodded lightly. “Yes, I’m fine. You should go home and be careful, okay?”

Yoona pouted as if his boyfriend can see her. “You should, take some rest there will you? And please tell Kangin and Raffie that they will be fine.”

“Yeh, I will.”

“Okay.” She weakly said and hung up.

Kangin turned to look at Kyuhyun and the other did the same thing.

“Isn’t it strange?” They both said in unison.

They chuckled. “You go first.” Kangin told him.

“I was just thinking…is this really an accident?” Kyuhyun asked frowning a bit.

“What do you mean?” His friend sits on the hospital bed.

He shrugged. “I don’t know. I just find it weird.” He said as he remembers the guy in motorcycle.

“What’s weird?” Kangin chuckled a bit with a smirk. He thought what he saw was weirder than the weirdest.

“This is not an accident.” He shook his head, his forehead wrinkled.

“You mean to say?”

“Someone wants to…kill Raffie?” He was unsure.

Kangin chuckled. “Who would dare to kill Raffie though?” He thought that Kyuhyun was only joking.

“I saw a guy in motorcycle. He’s watching the shop being burned.”

“SO?” Kangin shuddered. “You even stood there and watch, right?”

“YAH!” He kicked the edge of his bed. “I know what I saw and I know what I’m talking about.”

“TCH! Attorney no case!”

“I’ll investigate on this on my own and I’ll win this case.” He fiercely told Kangin.

With Kyuhyun’s eagerness Kangin suddenly become serious again. Everything sinks in inside his mind. RIGHT. He found Raffie already lying on the floor; unconscious.

“Let’s talk about that in your office.” He told Kyuhyun.

The two becomes silent again and Kangin breaks their silence after a few minutes. “He saved us.”

“What?”

“He saved us.” He repeated staring at the ceiling.

“Who’s he?” Kyuhyun’s brow rose in confusion then gasps when he had a conclusion.

“He really exists and Raffie is in love with him.” Kangin tried to control his tears.

“No way.” The guy shook his head in disbelief. “Raffie is smart. She won’t just get into relationship with…a dead man?”

“Should I beg him to leave her?”

“We have to stop this. What if she decides to kill herself so she can be with him?”

Kangin’s eyes widened. “Aish jinjjaroo! What kind of mind do you have?”

“I’m just looking every possible way.”

“Do you think he’s here?”

“ YOU!”

Kangin blinked and looked at Kyuhyun’s direction that pulled his legs up on the chair. Kyuhyun is scared. It made him laugh hard at his misery.

“You’re bold? Prove me then!” Kangin dared.

Kyuhyun started laughing awkwardly. “Seeing dead people is a lot different than fighting over a case.”

He wryly smiled. “But…do you think Raffie really love him?”

His scared friend sighed. “I can’t tell that. What did Tiffany say anyways?”

“I think she knew.”

They both glance on the sleeping Raffie.

“Leave her; you won’t hurt her too much that way.” Kangin suddenly said.

Kyuhyun’s eyes went wide. “You can see him?”

“I know he’s here.”

= = = = =

Kyuhyun made a request to give him the results of the medical exams of the two, Raffie and Kangin. The doctors discharged them the next day and he begged both of them to do another test in different hospital. They both comply with their friend’s request and went to ASAN Hospital that afternoon on the same day. Yoona came with them.

Raphael decided to go home right after the tests were done. Leeteuk was just silently following her.

“What’s wrong?” She asked him when they reached home.

He shook his head.

Raffie sighed because she knows that he’s lying. “You never lied to me.”

“They all knew.”

Her eyes blinked. “What do you mean?”

“That I exist.”

“And?”

“Should we continue this?”

She shook her head. “You promised you won’t leave.”

He didn’t control his emotions and quickly grabbed her and wrap his arms around her tightly. “I don’t want to leave you.” He sobbed.

It was the first time she heard him cry and it made her tears roll down. “Then don’t!”

“Our life is not in our hands.”

“Is there any other way?” Her sobs became loud. “I should have just died on that accident.”

“Don’t you ever say that.”

= = = = =

Kangin came with Kyuhyun in his office and his friend told him everything he saw the night the shop burnt. All his conclusions and how he sees to what happened.

The guy shared his side too the moment he heard the explosion and how she found Raffie unconscious. Their only possible suspect was her father’s second family.

The two studied the results. They were different. The first says that Raffie fainted because she can’t breathe properly because of the fumes and the other says it’s a gas.

“If Raffie is still conscious when that explosion happened…she would surely find a way to get out.” Kyuhyun said looking at Kangin.

“The investigation even said it’s because of the short circuit.” Kangin narrowed his eyes.

Kyuhyun crossed his arms again. “That’s a possible cause…electrical explosion.”

“But the shop was closed the entire day.” Kangin’s phone suddenly rang like hell. He took it out.

He made an investigation about Denni’s disappearance and he wants to clear their name at their school. Besides, he knew that Raffie was blaming herself for what happened before. She’s the one who locked Dennis inside that room.

A message came to him that Dennis changed his name in U.S. to Leeteuk and even sent a picture of him. It made him smile. At last, he can help Raffie forget about it and forgive herself with that accident.