Scented candles

I Saw An Angel

“Sir we’re so sorry but the boutique is already closed.” Asst. Hwang apologized to Kangin.

“No worries.” The guys smile melted the girls. “Raffie knows me.”

That time Raffie’s staff’s were already on their way to go home. Kangin made sure that he’ll be left alone with her.

“I’ll just call Miss…”

“No. I mean its okay. I’ll just surprise her.” He said.

“Are you Miss Raphael’s boyfriend?”

He smiled a bit at the girls.

The girls gave each other a confused look and shudder. Kangin waited until the girls went on their way home. He quietly walked to Raffie’s room. He knocked twice but he didn’t hear her answered.

KNOCK KNOCK

He knocked on her door again. He waited but still Raffie didn’t open the door. It somehow made him worried thinking that there’s something wrong with Raffie. He decided to enter the room.

Raffie was lying on her desk while the tape measure was hanged around her neck and she’s still holding the prismacolor pencils on her hands.

Thinking that she fainted, Kangin run to her in a hurry and held your shoulders to lift her up.

“Raffie!” He laid her on his arms.

She moved a little, a sign that she’s just asleep.

“You scared me.” He softly said.

Her eyes slowly flick a few times until she tried to open them. Raffie pulled in an instance when she learnt where she was comfortably lying. She composed herself and covered .

“What are you doing here?” She asked as cold as she can.

He was just watching her. “You’re tired. Let me drive you home.”

“Who let you in? MISS HWANG!” She shouted.

“They all went home.” He lowered his head. “Can’t you take care about yourself for me?”

“Who do you think you are?” Raffie glared.

“You scared me so much when I saw you lying.”

“People like me live longer don’t you know that?”

He stared right through her eyes. Raffie felt her heart raced. Those eyes that made her fall for him before. That glimmering eyes that can only speak the truth. Whenever she looks at those lonely eyes of his she wanted to hug him and once again feel his strong arms around her.

He’s the first one to pull away from their staring contest. “Can we have a tea?”

Her face got hardened again and stood up to clean up her table.

“Raffie, you might find this absurd and unbelievable…but…I, I never forget you.”

She stopped from what she’s doing for a moment. “Don’t worry, I never forget you too.”

His face slowly went bright.

“I will never forget what you did to me!” She took her bag and starts to walk out of the room.

Kangin tried to stop her. “What you saw yesterday…she was my cousin.”

She pulled away. “Did I ask you who that girl is? Why are you explaining?”

He let out a sigh. “Raphael Lee!”

“What?” She raised her eyebrows. “Now you’re mad at me? HUH!” She shook her head.

Raffie turned to walk again when Kangin grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to his chest. His arms wrapped around her. “I hope you forget what happen to us before.”

Her tears were starting to form. She stayed still and didn’t hug him back, contrary to what she really feels.

“Let’s start again please?” He was begging her.

Raphael pushed him away. “Seven years have passed. A lot of things changed even our feelings. Why can’t you just accept that were over?”

“You still love me…” He looked down to meet her eyes. “I can see it from your eyes.”

She smirked. “Don’t expect too much, you’re making yourself look like a fool.”

He grabbed her hands when she started walking again. “I don’t know what to do without you.”

She sneered. “You can live as long as your family was beside you.” She emphasized the word.

He was astonished how Raffie turned out to be like a woman. He doesn’t know how to coax her anymore. Now Raffie seemed to really have a heart of stone. Before, flashing a smile to her was enough to make Raffie feel better even if she’s down.

The group they’re in before may be the most hated sons and daughters of influential people but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a heart. Like the normal kids who runs away with the issues in their family.

But now. He had no clues how to earn her forgiveness. He’s been lowering his pride too much for her because he knows how much he loves and wanted Raffie to be the last woman in his life.

All things went this way because he only wanted to protect Raphael from those rude guys.

Even if you don’t feel sorry to what happened to me and my father before…I still love you. I would still love you.

BLAGG!

Raffie dropped the lock on the floor. “Lock the shop if you want to stay here.” She said and left him.

Her tires scratched like she’s into some racing games. She reached her place in minutes and looked for Leeteuk.

“Oh you came back.” He brightly smiled at her.

“I told you to drop by the shop!!!!!!!” She shouted. “You made me wait there like a fool!!”

Leeteuk was shocked with her sudden outburst of anger. “Raffie, you’re not telling me anything.”

“GOSH!! I left a note in the fridge!!”

Looks like she’s not able to control her anger and vented it more to him.

“Eh? I cleaned this morning maybe I…” He paused when he remembered throwing a piece of paper. “Oh! Is it the square yellow paper?”

“Are you that stupid not to check things before throwing them huh?!”

“Raffie…”

She left and banged her door angrily.

BLAGG!

Leeteuk was left speechless. Then an idea came in his mind.

Raphael sat on the couch inside her room. She still can feel the pain after all those years. Her tears rolled down her cheeks, silently crying in the corner again.

KNOCK KNOCK

She heard soft knocks on her door. Her eyes didn’t leave it until it went open. Raffie hurriedly wiped the tears away from her face. She doesn’t want anyone to see the weak side in her.

“I know you feel bad. I lighted a scented candle that I saw in the bathroom.” Leeteuk entered with a tray in his hands.

She looked at him in confusion.

He smiled brightly at her. “I remembered how you smiled when you inhale the scent from the bathtub. So I think, maybe I can make you smile with these.”

Raffie stood up and took the tray from him. She placed it on the glass table under her bed and sat at the carpet. Leeteuk sat across her.

“If you really had no one to talk to…I can lend you my ears.”

Raffie looked at him and slowly hugged her knees, pouting her thin lips. “You’ll get tired listening to my sentiments.”

He shook his head eagerly and raised his left hand. “I promise I’ll listen well.”

“PSH! It should be in the right.”

He looked at his hands and immediately changed it to right. “It’s right now.” His cute dimple showed as he smiled again.

“Can I ask why your name is a guy’s name?” He curiously asked.

She smiled faintly. “My parents thought I was a baby boy so they named me Raphael, that name was one of God’s archangels. But then when I came out they found out that I was a girl. They didn’t change my English name but then gave me a different Korean name. Cheonsa.”

“Whoah. That’s why you look like an angel.”

“It’s just the name but I guess I was really born unlucky.” She said nodding a bit.

“Hmm? Why?”

“My mom died early and 4 months after, dad married another woman. I have two siblings with her that made me the eldest.”

Leeteuk sat comfortably across her. It was only the scented candles that give light to the room.

“I was really hurt and angry at him that time. How could he forget my mother just like that? And that woman, I know she only wants my father’s money. Mom worked hard for it too then that woman will just come and then became an instant millionaire. I know she never loved my father that’s why she lived in United States after giving birth to my youngest brother. She only wants inheritance for his son. It’s too funny that dad believed all her lies…he’s smart but sometimes he’s not using it.”

Raffie played with the small fire from the candle while Leeteuk was writing something from the melted candles on the tray.

“I become rebellious that time. I don’t listen to him, to my step-mother…to anyone. Whenever I’m trying to be a good daughter…I’d always fail causing him to get even angrier at me. I only have Kangin oppa beside me. He listens to me every time. He hugs me whenever I feel sad. He’s the only one to wipe my tears when I’m crying.”

Leeteuk looked at her when he heard her already sobbing.

“We celebrate each other’s birthday together. I remember one time I was involved in an accident at school. He’s the only one who stayed and visited me in the hospital. Everything turns out right and fine whenever he’s around.”

Raphael didn’t notice her tears coming out from her eyes.

“Then one night, some guys from the bar that Kangin oppa and I used to hang out started to act nasty. He protected me and he almost got beaten to death. His mother got mad at me; I was embarrassed and scared that night. Their family was pretty popular so it all spread out in the news and made my father rush over to the hospital. He was so mad at me.”

Leeteuk wiped the tears on her cheeks.

“He sent me away to America to study. I acted so insane there; I tried everything to contact Kangin oppa. I left while he’s still hospitalized. I left messages, I tried calling him and I even sent letters. Living there with my step mother feels like living in hell. Then one day the only person who understands and protects me…cheated on me for another girl.”

When her tears flowed like it was endless he turned to her side and pulled her up. Leeteuk hugged Raffie from the back. She didn’t even seem to notice him hugging her. Raffie sat there vulnerably crying.

“You have me now.” Leeteuk told her that made her cry even more.

 

DAYS PASSED

Cooking for Raffie become Leeteuk’s routine. The holiday parties made her tired. Her boutique overflowed with orders and VIP’s that wants to be different from others. Early as 5 in the morning he’s waking Raffie up. It was really hard.

Sometimes Raffie went home 1am and she needs to be awake by 4am so she asked Leeteuk to wake her up. But when he tried shaking her because it was already past 4, he received hard kicks all over him.

“YAH! NEO JUGULE???” She screams at the top of her lungs every morning.

“Raffie…” It’s the 9th day she asked him to wake her up.

“Mmmm.” She only mumbled.

“Raffie…” He glances on the clock and saw it was still early but he decided it’s good for her to eat breakfast first. “RAFFIE YOU’RE LATE!!!! IT’S ALREADY 8AM!!!”

He shouted that made her jump out of bed. “Aish jinjja! Why didn’t you wake me up early????”

She looks at lost and walked back and forth taking the things she needs. He giggled. “It’s only 4:05”

Raffie stopped and her eyes looked up to her wall clock. “HAH!! LEEEEETEEEEUUUUKKKKK!!!” She shouted and grabbed everything she can throw towards him.

“Hey! Wait! Chamkaman!! Aish jinjja…” Raffie lifted her huge ash tray and acted to throw it to him. “NOT THAT ONE!!!”

She suddenly pouted and stamped her feet like a kid. “I told you its 5am.”

He grinned and run out of her room. Raffie’s phone suddenly rings.

“What kind of nuisance is this right now?” She asked and answered her phone without looking at it.

“Cheonsa…” The girl at the other line sweetly sang her name. “Cheonsa…”

“Neo micheosseo???!” Raffie got irritated. “If you didn’t talk straight I’ll hang this up!”

“Ey it’s too early to get mad.” Tiffany said laughing.

She rolled her eyes and sat on the bed. “Why are you calling this early?”

“Mm, I got an invitation from Heechul.”

“What invitation?”

“Re...union?” She was unsure.

“You called me in the morning just to say that???”

“Aniiiii. You have one here too.”

Raffie didn’t talk for a moment.

“Can we come?” The girl in the other line sounded so hopeful.

“There’s no WE. It’s only YOU.”

“Raffie!” Tiffany started whining like a kid. “It’s been so long since we last saw those sick weird people! Don’t you miss them? Yoona? Yuri? Heechul? Kyuhyunnie?”

Raffie pouted. Attending the party means seeing Kangin again. “Do you already have a dress to wear?”

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!! RAFFIE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!” She screamed out in happiness.

“YAH!” She screamed back at her. “You’re too noisy!!!”

“I’m sorry! I was just excited.” Tiffany giggled.


Hi lovelies ^^v This is my fifth update. I hope you're enjoying it hihi
btw, these are the songs that inspire me  to make this

4MEN - My Angel

4MEN - Propose Song

KZ Tandingan - Scared To Death