Love never fades

I Saw An Angel

“She moved? Where?” Kangin’s mother asked him.

He slightly nodded and answered, “Yes, somewhere safe.”

The old woman nods her head as she understood. “Are you going to her party later?”

“Nope. I’m not even invited and you knew we don’t have a good relationship right now.”

“Hmm.” She shuddered. “Just greet her on her birthday, maybe that will make her feel special?”

Kangin’s forehead wrinkled. “What’s with you? Why are you suddenly that nice to her?”

“Well, it doesn’t hurt to be nice sometimes,” she said with a wry smile.

“Look, its all clear to me now. You never liked her and it’s not true that she left me.”

The old lady lowered her head apologetically, “that’s why I want to help you and set things straight.”

“Help!” He emphasized in agitation, “7 ing years already passed, how will you going to fix this bull you caused?”

“Let me go with you tonight. I will talk to her.” With the convincing emotions she conveys, her son soon agreed and because of his desperation to win Raffie back.

 

MEANWHILE

The couples didn’t take out the balloon from yesterday and just added some more. They both helped each other to arrange and prepare for Raffie’s birthday party with her childhood friends after seven long years. Tables were set like buffet in hotels, clean plates were stacked on the table tray alongside was the spoon and fork heater tray and the tissue box.

With Kyuhyun’s help, they requested another table and chairs from the hotel’s management and set it on the balcony of her pad. She plugged the electric griller and started out grilling the skewers. It would be better if she start since the group will be coming sooner. Until she felt hands hold her exposed, cold shoulders.

“Wear this,” said Leeteuk while hanging the cardigan sweater on her back.

She sweetly smiled at him, “thanks.”

He took the tongs from her hand, “let me do it and just sit there.” He pointed on a couch.

“But you’ve done all the work since yesterday,” she whined.

“I won’t get tired though,” his dimples showed again in his grin.

“Arasseo,” her feet brought her to the couch and dropped herself carelessly.

Leeteuk chuckled softly and continued her work.

Few minutes have passed when they heard a loud buzz from her intercom. Raffie excitedly smiled at Leeteuk and jumped off her seat to get the door. She looked over at the screen and found her friends trying to fit on the screen, waving their hands as if they know she’s waving at them.

Giggles escaped her lips, “just a moment.”

Soon she opened the door for them; the guys started shouting unsynchronized but didn’t end the greeting.

“Happy!”

“…happy!”

“Heeeyy!”

“Haaaaappppy!”

“What are you guys?” She hit the first man she sees.

“Acckk!!” Heechul exclaimed. “Ah wae?”

She just laughed it out and asked them to come in. They all wore the bedtime sleepers that Raffie bought just for them, leaving their shoes at her shoes closet near the door.

Siwon handed her the bouquet and pecked her cheek. “Happy birthday!” he greeted.

Raffie grinned. At least he really greeted me. “Thanks!”

“What’s with the kiss?” Yuri asked her boyfriend a bit flustered.

They all laughed at her.

“That’s American’s greeting, right?” Siwon made an excuse.

“Hell! We’re Koreans.” She said and marched to the balcony.

Raffie laughed softly. Yuri was not mad at her, it’s just Siwon is much sweeter to his friends than his girlfriend.

“Where should I put this cake?” Tiffany asked.

“There on the middle.” Raphael answered then walked to her best friend to help her put the cake on the long table.

Kyuhyun and Yoona were just whispering to each other. The others already find their comfort on Raffie’s lounge couch, reached for the remote and switch on the wide screen like it’s their place. She turned to look at them.

“Feel at home, I forgot to tell you guys.” She sarcastically said then laughed it out.

It didn’t affect them since they were used to talk that way with each other. Sometimes, worst than that. Ryeowook followed Yuri to the balcony and found the unfinished skewers. He took it and managed the griller.

Yuri chuckled softly, “Damn it! When can you drop that cooking?”

“Shut up! Chef’s cook!” He calmly told her, smiling a bit.

Heechul sat on throne king couch and crossed his legs over the center table, took out his cigarette wallet case and knife lighter. “Raffie, do you have an ashtray?”

“Just catch the ashes with your hands!” She shouted back.

The guy laughed heartily.

“Go out to the balcony, fool!” Yesung almost whispered while staring at the turtle painting on the wall.

“Eh? Can I use your hands instead?” Hee asked him, grinning.

“Baegopa!” Yoona cried then occupy a sit on the long table, Sooyoung sat beside her, Eunhyuk and Donghae followed; while handing spoon and fork. Together they sang, “Bapjoom juseyo! Bhap bhap bhap!”

“Behgopa!” Sungmin rubbed his stomach.

“It’s all done. You can eat now guys,” Raffie announced that everyone stormed to the kitchen area and serve themselves until full.

They all moved to the balcony after the dinner, Heechul lighted the candles on Raffie’s cake. It took a minute for Raffie to blow the light out since her peers kept on singing the birthday song, clapping their hands along though the only people in tune were three guys and three girls, the rest sang in whatever ways.

Leeteuk never left Raffie’s side the whole time. When her friends talk in sarcasm he’ll whisper to her and ask. ‘Are they mad? But since she can’t answer him she’ll just shook her head lightly. Unaware that she is, Tiffany and Kyuhyun were watching her actions and it’s just to prove that the guy do exists aside from the implanted cameras around the house.

The group lifted up their glasses and all shouted at once, “cheers!”

“We never really had a real talk.” Ryeowook said, nodding.

“What is there to talk about anyways?” Heechul asked, moving his hands around and took a sip on his wine.

“Yeah, we didn’t even lose contact for those years,” Eunhyuk commented.

“Well we did with one.” Seohyun softly said and all their heads turned to Raphael.

“EH?” Raffie’s eyes widened, “why me?”

“We never heard of you for seven years, you left without saying anything and you did it again at the reunion,” clueless Yesung told her.

“What happened to you and Kangin, seriously?” Eunhyuk asked.

They’ve already finished few bottles, it somewhat made her lose control of what’s happening, “the night we got into trouble where he’s almost beaten to death.”

The girls leaned on the table to listen to her story, Tiffany sat back silently since she knew everything. Kyuhyun, Siwon and Heechul crossed their arms. Donghae and Eunhyuk chewed on their skewers while others sipped on their wines.

“His mom asked me to leave him; I received a hard slap actually.”

“Jinjjaroo?” Heechul;s eyes widened.

She just nodded and continued, “Then my father came and decided right away to send me to U.S. So he did the next morning. I tried to contact Kangin but he never responded. You all know how bad my relationship with my step-mother is that time, right?”

They all nodded.

“I missed Kangin and lived being controlled by that witch,” Raffie pouted sadly.

Leeteuk stood in the corner, watching her girlfriend as she tells her story. Strangely, he felt something strange and heavy inside his heart.

“One day, he sent me some pictures with another girl. He said he was dating her and we’re over. He told me such things I never thought he would. I loved that guy so much!” She was teary eyes after saying the last words.

“Can I tell you what happened to Kangin after you left?” Yoona asked her.

She nodded; Tiffany’s brows met and got a little interested on the topic since she doesn’t really know what happens to Kangin.

“He really did love you, up to now, I mean,” she started. “His Dad paid people to do the same thing the bar tenders did to Kangin. Unluckily, they got caught and his father got convicted for that.”

Raffie felt sorry at that moment.

“It’s his Mom that sent you both apart, he told Kangin that you left him, that you will never comeback, that you don’t love him anymore and I bet she sent those pictures to you.”

She lowered her head and asked herself. Why the hell did I believe those lies?

“Kangin never cheated on you,” Siwon suddenly joined in.

Ryeowook poured wine on his glass, “He did all his best to get to you.”

“If there’s one thing you should get mad about,” Yuri paused and looked straight at Raffie. “That is, he never acted like a man and followed all his parents’ orders like a scared kid.”

“I guess he can now.” Tiffany said.

The guys were not drunk yet but their seriousness is just the effect of drinking.

“He doesn’t have to apologize to you actually.” Heechul said, man’s pride arising.

“Really.” Yoona agreed, “In our eyes, you’re the one who did wrong and left him.”

Raffie suddenly burst into tears; it was the effect of drinking alcohols at midnight with a sad story and ballads on the background. She felt sorry for not believing Kangin’s words. Her heart even forgot about Leeteuk that moment.

If I can only bring the past back, I’m so sorry. She said inside her mind.

Seohyun dragged her chair near Raffie, she rubbed her back. “It’s not yet too late.”

“Look at me, look at me, look at me.” Leeteuk kept whispering to himself, praying for Raffie to just look at him.

She was again on the state of depression. That’s how he found her months ago. Her love for me is nothing compared to Kangin. The realization sank in his mind and heart.

“Do you still love him?” The killer question that Leeteuk hates to hear the most was thrown out by Yoona.

Raffie just started crying aloud. That – answers the question. Leeteuk brought his head down, lifelessly walked out of the room.

His mind was blank and all he could feel was sadness. He never thought this day would come. That it will be all over; though he’s still holding on to Raffie’s words, forever.

 He lifted up his head when he found three shadows forming, walking towards Raffie’s unit. It got him back to senses as his eyes widened; it was Kangin with an old lady and a bodyguard. His body froze when his eyes met the bodyguard’s.

It was him. He was the guy Heechul and I followed.