Runaway Queen

I Saw An Angel

The classic song that’s being played awhile ago was turned into loud cheers and applauses for the two. It was deafening for Raffie. She never thought that this kind of thing would happen. They have to stick together until the night ends and it was part of the rules. As the King and Queen of the night, they have to take the seats in the middle just like how things goes in a wedding’s reception.

Kangin was the first to stand up as he heard his name being called for the fourth time. He was too busy examining Raffie’s expression. He knew that she was scared but then there’s a bit fierce look in her eyes like it was saying I’ll never let things happen the same way, you jerk!

Raphael stiffly looked at the speaker over the stage. They were asked for a few times to come to the front but the girl was hesitating. The thought of running away even crossed her mind. She suddenly felt and see a hand being lend near her face, she looked up to see Kangin looking at her with his sad eyes.

“They’re waiting for us.” Kangin finally spoke.

She pulled herself up and ignored Kangin’s hand. With a heavy and worried heart, she walked towards the stage and climbed few steps. She smiled and bowed at everyone but deep down inside her she wants to break out from that awkward situation.

Kangin followed her on the stage, smiling at everyone that’s inside the hall. He inhaled and let out a deep sigh to calm himself.

This plan is not going to work!

That’s what he’s thinking that moment.

The principal sponsors – Lee Yeonhee and School President Siwon were asked to come up on the stage too. Raffie smiled at Yeonhee as the girl put the crown over her head. She glanced at Kangin beside her while Siwon was putting the crown on him. A long deep sigh came out from her thin lips. She sure hates what’s happening but the memories of their past relationship just kept on flashing.

They both bowed and sat at the middle. The shutter sounds and blinding flashes of camera’s surrounded the both of them. They’re trying their best to give others their best smile until they can finally breathe normally after the photographers, alumni’s and alumnae’s stopped from taking pictures of them.

Kangin kept on glancing at her once in a while; he’s trying to figure out what Raffie was thinking at the moment. She left her head hanged low until everyone became busy in their own worlds again.

“It feels like everything is happening again.” Raffie was the first to break the silence between them.

He turned his head a bit but not looking straight at Raffie. “All I wanted to think about and remember were happy moments.”

She snickered. “Years ago, we’re seniors, at our school trip in Jeju Island. Do you still remember what happened?”

The guy finally looked at her. “You’re begging the officers to have a prom night for the seniors because of what you’ve read over in one book.” He smiled a bit.

Raffie chuckled. “Yes, but in the end they didn’t agree. So you dragged me and sneak out of our rooms.”

His eyes concaved, he’s happy deep inside because Raffie clearly remembers their past. He felt that it was too important for her. “Yes, I did. You were too sad when they didn’t.”

“We sat on the bench underneath the tree and full moon.” He saw the slight smile at the edge of Raffie’s lips. “Remember what you told me?”

The guy nodded. “You are the queen of my every night.”

Her eyes flicked as if it was going to let out tears and nodded slowly. “You really are, up until now, Raffie.”

The girl smirked. “Why did you do that?”

“Why did you leave?”

“I didn’t. I only left when you trashed everything we have.”

“Raffie, I’ll never do such a thing if not because of what you did!” He said and shook his head in disbelief.

“What I did? Why don’t you ask your family what they did to me?” She raised her voice a bit still trying not to lose control.

“What they did to you?” He smirked. “You keep on bringing that up! What about what you did to me and my father?” He angrily asked Raffie back.

Kangin got up and hold Raffie’s hands tightly. “What are you doing?” She asked the angry guy.

“We need to talk privately.” He answered.

“Why don’t you tell me everything here?”

“Look, I won’t do anything. I just want us to talk.” Kangin pleaded.

She looked all over the hall and found their friends looking back at them, Tiffany is confused of what’s going on while the others were forming a slight smile and smirk on their lips.

They quietly walked out of the hall. Raffie crossed her arms and faced the guy. He looked around thinking if there’s someone else then faced her back when he sees that there’s none.

“For the last time, please.” He said.

 

MEANWHILE EARLIER AT RAFFIE’S HOUSE

Leeteuk followed the two to the hotel, Raffie and her friend, Tiffany. He was too curious to know what will happen to the girl’s reunion party. But the main reason he followed them was to see Kangin. When he found out that Kangin was Raffie’s ex-boyfriend, he suddenly felt pity on her. He was thinking that Kangin was the kind of the rude and mean guy for seeing Raffie crying every time after she talks to him.

He crossed his arms, his brows met when he sees them up on the stage. There’s something heavy in his heart that made him feel it with his hands.

Leeteuk watched Raffie from afar. Sadness filled his heart when she can’t even lift her chin up proudly.

“Don’t cry.” He told himself. “This is your night.”

He tilted his head when he sees that they are finally talking. Even though, he had no idea of what really happened to those two ex lovers he knew that Raffie was still hurting, and it’s all because she still love that guy.

Only if we’re not living in different worlds now, I’ll save you from him. His sad thoughts occupied his mind.

He straightened his back seeing how Kangin forcibly grab her hand then later on walked out from the hall. Following them is his best solution to his anger; he walked towards where they are, passing everyone like a wind.

“You have no right to question me!” Leeteuk heard Kangin said.

His eyes widened and stood behind Kangin, looking straight at Raffie.

“How could you…” She fought against her ex’s voice.

“How could you just leave me behind while I was in the hospital?” Kangin started to cry.

Raffie was dumbfounded when Kangin started to cry. She knew that it wasn’t the tears of an angry heart but the tears of a heart that wanted to reconcile. It was the message that only two hearts could understand. His voice might sound angry but she felt that he’s still not over yet.

“I protected you. I was beaten to death. Dad got convicted because of that incident. Then I woke up, you weren’t beside me. I waited for you to come back, Raffie. All I wanted to know is why did you leave me?”

Tears started to run down her cheeks, she shook her head in disbelief, realizing that it wasn’t Kangin’s fault why things turned out that way.

“Raffie…” Leeteuk called her. “…stop crying please.”

“What? Why don’t you tell me? I will listen.”

“I…” Her eyes blinked and lowered down her head, wiping her tears. She suddenly felt cold hands touched hers. Raffie knew that it was Leeteuk. “Stop it.” She told Leeteuk.

Kangin nodded. “Sure you changed a lot.”

“Let’s go!” Leeteuk said and dragged Raffie away.

“You’re leaving just like that? Why? Have you realized that this is your entire fault?” Kangin’s heart was pounding while Raffie walks away.

She looked back at him sadly and trying to break free from Leeteuk’s grip. “What are you doing?” She asked him.

“You’ll thank me after this.” He said with a hard jaw. For the first time, she saw how Leeteuk got angry.

Kangin’s brows met when he saw Raffie’s lips moved as if she’s saying something. The way she walks was strange in his eyes too.

Is this really the end? That was the question Kangin kept asking in his mind.

 

AT RAFFIE’S HOUSE

“What the hell you think you’re doing?” She angrily shouted at Leeteuk the moment they entered the house.

“I am protecting you.”

“Protecting?” She snickered. “I’m not asking you to do that so please…”

“I like you.” He simply said that made Raffie stopped.

“What?”

“Do you find it too strange?” He sadly smiled a bit.

“Leeteuk…”

“Is it okay for me to like you?”

“I think I just lost the chance to bring back what I have, thanks to you.” She coldly told him.

He nodded slowly as tears starts to form in his eyes. “I don’t know why I’m feeling this way. Why I am this hurt every time I see you crying? Why I always wanted to make you smile?”

“That’s just a pity.”

He shook his head. “Tell me honestly, do we know each other before?”

“What?” Raffie asked in confusion. “No!”

Leeteuk suddenly pull her in his arms. “I remember you.”