That smile.

I Saw An Angel

Raphael hurriedly gets off the car and walked to their family owned boutique, Your Style. She stopped from walking when something attracted her eyes. She saw the displayed clothes changed. She sneered before going in.

“Good morning Miss Raffie!” Her staffs greeted her.

She didn’t say a thing and walked all over the shop. “Who hanged these babies’ clothes in woman’s section?” She asked grudgingly.

All her staff’s lowered their head, scared of getting scold in the morning.

“Are you going to admit it or I’ll fire all of you??” She angrily took the hanged clothes from the rack.

One of her staff raised her hand hesitantly. “Miss, I did it. I’m so sorry, I was arranging the clothes when Assistant Kim called me and make coffee for her so I hanged it there for a while.”

She let out sigh just like how irate customers do. “What are you waiting for?”

“Miss Raffie I really am sorry. I’ll work over time for this just please don’t fire me.” The girl pleaded.

She crossed her arms and let the clothes fell off the ground. “Arrange this and be quick!”

“Thank you so much!” Her staff bowed politely at her and hastily took all the kids clothes from the floor and the one’s left on the racks.

Raffie walked to her newly designed office. She wander all over the room, meticulously checking the angles of the frames hanged on her wall, the couch colors that compliments the wallpaper and pulled all the drawers to check if there’s something done wrong. She smiled at last when she didn’t find anything. She sat comfortably on her swivel chair and took out her sketchbooks. She plugged her earphones on her ears and played a loud music. Loud music can calm her down and it helps her to create new designs.

“Miss Raffie! Your mother is here!” Her assistant told her before she could grab her pencil.

“What?” She asked again and took off what’s covering her ears.

“Your mother is here.” Her staff was at loss as she spoke.

Raffie stood up with a hard face as she doesn’t like her visitor. She was 10 years old when her mother died and after a few months her father got married again and it was the start of her being rebellious. She walked out of the room to face her mom.

Raffie found the old lady looking around the clothes she designed and raised her brow. “Is this the only design she could do?” She asked one of the staff.

It made her smirk and crossed her arms in front of her.

“Oh, good thing you’re here.” The old lady turned and looked at her from top to bottom. “I just came to see how trashy this place looks like.”

All Raffie’s staffs secretly rolled their eyes. She looked away getting impatient and then looked back at her father’s wife.

“What you’re seeing now placed 18th for the best clothing brands. It’s quality we’re selling and not the name.” Raffie looked at her staffs. “And…all my staffs were talented that’s why we placed on top 20.”

The old lady looked at her, chin up and arms crossed. “18th? Placing 6th is already a mishap.”

“Why? Don’t be too proud for getting 2nd place before.” Raffie laughed sarcastically. “Oh, how many people did you bribe again? 20? 30? 100?”

All her staffs lowered their heads trying not to laugh. With that, the old lady marched out of the shop in shame.

“Miss Raffie, thank you for defending us.” Her newest hired staff told her with all smiles.

She grinned. “Just call me if there’s another hypocrite person came.”

The girls chuckled and nodded. She went back to her office and let out a long sigh. She worked the whole day alone and didn’t talk to anyone the whole day. If she needs to eat she’ll just order online or by a phone. Morning slowly turns to night.

“Miss Raffie we’ll go first.” Her assistant shyly told her after she knocked twice on her door.

She just nodded.

She let an hour pass and decided to go somewhere. It was Friday night so it’s alright if she come late tomorrow morning. Her wheels stopped in front of , one of South Korea’s best bars. The bartender saw her the moment she stepped inside the bar. He led her to her usual place.

“Thirsty?” A guy approached her and asked with a smirked.

She looked up to see Kangin, her ex-boyfriend. They started as childhood sweethearts, fell in love and become officially couples when they were in middle school.

7 years ago, he was beaten by the bartender’s in one club where they used to hang out. The guys kept on teasing Raffie rudely, the couples knew them for being a regular customer on the bar so it’s alright to him at first but when they started acting all cocky towards his girlfriend he got mad and struck the guy with a liquor bottle.

10 against 1 and drunk, it was impossible for him to beat all those. The news came to Kangin’s father. He hired guys to beat the bartenders to death. No one died but his father got convicted. Because of that incident Kangin’s family forced to part the two. Mr. Yoon sent her daughter away to study and live with her step-mother.

Thinking that Raffie left him alone with that kind of circumstance, he got mad at her and found another girl in a month. Raphael was hurt with what he did. She ended everything between them by giving Kangin a call and told him he doesn’t deserve her love.

Now that they finally met, she doesn’t understand how she feels. She missed him a lot.

She wryly smiled at him.

“When did you come back?” He asked her.

“4 months ago.”

The guy nodded. “How are you?” He sounded concern.

His voice made her heart skip a beat but then tried to ignore the feeling. “Good.”

“By the way, I want to congratulate you for being a successful fashion designer!” There’s a little hatred in his voice.

The bartender came and placed her drinks on the table. “Thanks.” She said.

“I missed you.” He said that made her turn her head to him.

She smirked and sipped on her glass, she took out the pack of her cigarette and her bullet lighter.

Kangin took it from her.

“What the!?” Raffie complained and tried to get it back.

“Since when did you learn to smoke?”

“7 years ago.” She answered. That was the time when he left her for another girl.

He sighed. “Are you still mad at me?”

“What?” She chuckled sarcastically.

“I know you.”

She grinned and shook her head. “No you don’t, not anymore.”

He lowered his head and looked at her again. “I still love you.”

Raffie started laughing; she stopped and shook her head to face the man. “You can’t fool me anymore.”

Kangin was trying to control himself. “Stop pretending that you’ve changed.”

“I’m not pretending.”

“Yes you are.” He leaned his elbow on the table. “Why did you leave me?”

“Jerks like you deserved it.” Raffie said with a force.

He grabbed her by her wrist causing the glass to drop from the table and break. “You are the reason why I did it! You left while I was in the hospital and while my dad’s in jail. It’s all because of you!”

She forcedly pulled her hands away and pulled the bottle of Everclear and drank it. Raffie might be drinking but what she ordered now was different from the other days which are light and already softened.

“Go away! I don’t want to talk to you anymore!” She almost shouted at his face.

He holds both her shoulders to face him. “Don’t act like you have the right to get mad!”

Raffie pushed him hard and stood up. “Go away! Don’t force me to call a security and drag you away!”

Kangin seemed already drunk; he’s unable to hold his anger. He stood up and grabbed her wrist again. “I just want to talk to you…”

“You’re drunk!” She frowned and pulled from his grip then walked away in a hurry.

KNOCK KNOCK

It was Kangin knocking on her window. The glass was tinted so it was impossible for him to see her inside the car so she just started the engine. It was raining so hard but he didn’t even bother being soaked. Raffie hits her horn and drove away. He followed her using his car.

The thunder boomed so loud like a gunshot to their ears.

She increased the speed of her car, getting in between to surpass others. He still followed her and increased his speed to. The sky kept on pouring heavy rains. The road’s getting blurry and slippery.

Both their eyes went wide when they reached the intersection. A car was coming towards Raffie.

EEEEEEENNNNNGGGGGGGKK EEEEEEENNNNNGGGGGGGKK

She turned her wheels on the left trying to avoid it and the other car turned right while Kangin hit the break so hard.

CRASH

In a few minutes, rescuers came and helped the victims. They were transferred in the ambulance and sent to the nearest hospital.

Raffie got her consciousness for a few seconds, her head was spinning but she can see a guy lying on the other bed. She knows it wasn’t Kangin because of his hair color. The guy was looking back at her.

“Time of death: Saturday 02:35 AM.” She heard before losing her consciousness.

The hospital informed the families and Kangin’s parents came rushing to the hospital. When they saw that Raffie was there too they quickly decided to transfer him to another hospital and again blaming the young lady for the incident.

Mr. Yoon’s secretary came for Raffie as her guardian. He only paid the bills and asked the nurse to take good care of her and as well transfer her to a private room.

THE NEXT DAY

Two female nurses came to inject a medicine in her since she was still unconscious. Few minutes later, her eyes started to move and her lashes started to flicker.

When she opened her eyes she saw a guy looking at her with a calm smile on his face. She grabbed her head and tried to sit straight.

“Who are you?” She asked him.

He only smiled brightly showing his small dimples.

“Are you dad’s new secretary?” She asked assumingly because she knew he wouldn’t come and visit her.

He shook his head. “No.” He finally spoke.

“What’s funny? Why do you keep smiling at me?” She suddenly got irritated by his smile.

Does he find me funny lying in this hospital bed? She thought.

“You just look to peaceful when you’re asleep.” He said.

“You can go now, I’ll be fine.” Raffie motioned him to go.

The guy stayed still, looking at her with a smile.

“Are you deaf? I said you can go!”

“I don’t know where else to go.” He said lowering a bit.

“AISHHH!! I said go away!!!” She shouted.

He puckered his lips and walked out without saying anything. It hasn’t been a while since he left when the nurses came rushing.

“What’s wrong Miss Lee?” The lady nurse asked her.

“Nothing’s wrong! It’s just my dad’s secretary pissing me off!” She explained in annoyance.

The nurses eyed each other. “Maybe she’s just hallucinating. Get the injection to calm her down.”

“WHAT!??” Raffie exclaimed on what she heard. “Me? Hallucinating?”

“Miss there’s no one here but you.” The nurse explained to her.

“Are you stupid? You came in when he just walked out!”

“Nurse Kim, pali!” She talked to the intercom.

Raffie’s face was indescribable when the other nurse came in with the shots.

“Hold her on the arms, Miss Lee relax, this won’t hurt.” She prepared the injection and walked near her.

“I’M NOT HALLUCINATING!! DON’T YOU DARE COME HERE OR I’LL SHOT IT DOWN TO YOUR ASSES!!”

The nurse who brought the injection held her. “Please don’t move Miss Lee.”

Raffie struggled. “DON’T TOUCH ME!! I’M WARNING YOU!”

“You need this medicine Miss.”

She exhaled and lifted both her palms. “Alright, I’ll calm down just don’t give me a shot.”

The nurse eyed each other then looked back at Raffie.

“I’m really not hallucinating, I swear.”

The door flew open then the nurses turned their heads and saw three ladies coming in with a basket of flowers and another basket full of fruits.

Raphael smiled at her staffs. “How did you guys know?”

“We first got a call Miss Raffie.” Her assistant shyly admitted. That only means, her assistant was number one on her phone.

It made her chuckle. “Of course I should contact my talented staff’s first before anyone else.” Raffie reasoned out.


First chapter is out. keke I do appreciate comments <3