(2)

Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can see that your temple is being red.” He stared at my temple. “How poor... our class door.” He chuckled. I gaped before shoving my bangs quickly to cover my temple. Embarrassed. It had been a long time since the last I heard his voice. His voice had been becoming.... I couldn’t describe it out with words but his voice with the satoori in it like reverberating in my ears.

 

“Are you sure that’s your seat?” I stared at him with a question look as my index finger pointed to the chair that he was sitting on.

 

“Uhm.” He shortly replied before turning his stare away. I couldn’t believe him. “Show me your number.” I ordered him. Honestly I didn’t’ want to sit near beside him. With his stare still locked on the front, his left hand that grabbed a paper landing at the table as he showed the number on it. I sighed after looked on it. He had the right number.

 

“Satisfied?” He smirked. I hissed before pulling my book out.

 

At first, I felt quite awkward for sitting beside him. But I guessed, this was not a big deal for him. Like he didn’t care whoever his deskmate will be.  Unlike him. I care. I cared whoever my deskmate was, the one that would share my desk for entire one year school. Okay, maybe I just too worried.

 

Until the bell that indicated lunch break rang, I had spent my time trying to focus on study. It had been difficult since the one beside me kept doing things like talking and chuckling with his friends around our desk or leaning forward, backward, or playing with his pen, or anything else that could make me distracted from learning the precious lectures from our teachers. At first it had been difficult since our desk was in the edge of back row, and he made it worse. My worries before was right. I sighed.

 

As the teacher exited our class, I reached my bag just to pulling my lunch box out. “Jieun-ah where do you want to eat our lunch?” I heard Hana voice before turning my head up to look at her and the empty seat beside me. He already gone? I thought. He was so fast. “You decide it. I’ll be okay.” I smiled.

 

After minutes passed, Hana and I were sitting in the canteen. Our table was in the edge near window. The best spot one because we had beautiful school park as our view while we had our meal. I unpacked my lunch box before stayed it exactly in the middle of table that crossed my seat with Hana’s. After prayed, I grabbed my chopsticks as Hana did the same. “Omo, your mom cooked my favorite food!” Hana shouted happily. “Please deliver my thanks to her.” Hana said happily with the sparkling eyes. I nodded as I chukled.

 

“Let’s eat.” I ordered. This was our routine since we’re in middle school. We always shared our lunch box together. I would bring meals while she brought fruits. Her parents had fruit shop in their home. And every morning, her both parent were busy in their shop. Same as me, Hana couldn’t cook either. That’s why, rather than brought meals that she couldn’t cook by herself or her parents, she preferred to bring fruits for us. Because of that, my mom always made my lunch box more, even she already knew Hana favorite foods. Hana and I really grateful to each other because we both could have a nutrient complete of lunch.

 

“Hana, how about your deskmate? What is his name?” From my back desk, I could see that his deskmate was a boy.  

 

“He is such an arrogant.” Hana shoved a food hardly into . I could see that she was getting annoyed.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked curiously.

 

“When I introduced myself and lifting hand in order to shake his hand, he just glanced at my waiting hand then said his name.” Hana rolled her eyes. “Was he thinking that my hand was dirty or else that made him can’t touch my hand?” Hana explained dramatically.

 

“Was he?” just my response, I couldn’t help but to laugh at her.

 

“Ya! The only best friend of you is suffering because of that idiot. My heart was hurt because of the way he treated me, and now you making it worsened.” Hana faked crying and sobbing.

 

“Hmph so who is this idiot boy? I asked as my hand wiped my teary eyes, tears that coming because of my loud laughing.

 

“Yoo Youngjae, if I’m not mistaken.” Hana shrugged as she rolled her eyes. “He was so cold.” She mumbled. “Aaaa how can I survive this one year with a de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter