(16)

Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jieunnie, your face looks brighter. And your hair looks good too.” Hana said as she kept staring at me with amazed face.

 

“Thank you, mam.” I smiled widely to her.

 

“Aigoo, look at this girl. You must be very happy for placing your feet in Seoul again.” Hana commented before smiling. The smile was still on my face. She was right that I felt very happy today. But I was sure that it was not merely because of this city.

 

“Ya! Hana-ya!” Hyosung who sat beside Hana called the girl beside me. Hana turned around to face Hyosung. “You keep praising Jieunnie since we were in school, but you just praised me once. Just when you see me for the first time today.” Hyosung turned to be an ahjumma again. “It’s not fair. Don’t I look beautiful too?”

 

“Not fair what?  Your crush is in here. He can see your beauty face today. But Jieunnie..” She glanced at me before facing Hyosung again. “Lee Jonghyun sunbaenim doesn’t come to watch the match today.” She then turned to me again before caressing my head and said, “I just don’t wanna let her feeling down.” I blinked. Actually, I didn’t feel sad when I knew that he didn’t come to watch. If Hyosung looked prettier today because she knew that she could see Jongup here and even supporting him, how about me?

 

“Aaah, I see.” Hyosung grinned, showing her cute gum. “Jieunnie, fighting!”

 

“Not like you two, there is nothing special on my appearance today. Byunghee oppa doesn’t come.” Hana faked crying dramatically. I patted her back, trying to comfort her.

 

“There’s no different with your usual appearance though.” Youngjae who also sat beside me said it calmly without even lifting his eyes from his camera, capturing the baseball field happily. This was the first time I saw his happy face actually.

 

“Shut up!” Hana growled.

 

“Aaaa they’re here, they’re here!” Himchan who sat beside Youngjae stood up suddenly as he saw our school team entering the field. His face looked excited, just like me.

 

It didn’t have to take a minute to find his figure in the crowd. I found him fast. Even though his skin was not as bright as the other’s, for me he had the brightest aura among them. That was something wrong on my mind.

 

“What, Tae?” Hana who sat beside me was getting a call from Tackyeon, I guessed. “Ya pabo ya! The teams just already enter the field. How could you asking for the score? There is no score yet.” Hana shouted in annoyance. I smiled, wondering Tackyeon’s puzzled face right now. Too bad he can’t join us for watching the match. Moreover, some of his best friends were on our school team. But, Ok Seonsang-nim, his father didn’t allow him to go due to family agenda, Taeckyeon grandmother’s birthday. And of course, Hana and I had sent the birthday card through Taeckyeon.

 

I turned to Youngjae whose camera stayed on his lap. His face looked tense, very different than before. I wondered what’s wrong with him.

 

“I see, I see. Don’t worry. I’ll cheer on them. You’re idiot. They’re my friend too though.” Hana said through her phone.

 

I still stared at Youngjae in confusion. He seemed didn’t recognize my confused face yet. “Youngjae-ya.” I called for him. “What’s wrong? Is your camera running out battery?” He turned to me before glancing a bit to Hana.

 

“No.” He sighed.

 

“Okay! You don’t have to say it many times. Please send my greetings to ahjussi. Tell him to not eat much cake or else his hyper will be higher. Ha ha… Bye Tae!” Hana laughed as she inserted her phone into her jeans pocket.

 

“Okay guys!” Himchan clapped hands to get attention. “This is the time! Let’s cheer our beloved classmates!” He yelled. He really did his best as a class president. He gathered our classmates to seat near each other so that we could cheer the three boys together. There are three boys from our class who were on the team. They were Jongup, Sunggyu, and Daehyun. I smiled, looking at the nervous looked boy who was watching the match seriously.

 

“Daehyun, fighting!” I whispered quietly.

 

“So, Jung Hana. Finally, your hard voice meets its proper place.” Youngjae remarked coldly as he recorded the already starting match.

 

“Shut up! Or I’ll throw your camera to the field.” Hana shouted angrily.

 

“Do it. If you dare.” Youngjae’s eyes narrowed.

 

“Don’t cry if I really doing it!”

 

“Ya! You punks! Stop it! The match is started now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter