(14)

Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You didn’t have to hit this table hard.” It was Youngjae’s arrogant voice. He was reading a book in his seat calmly, really different with Hana’s temper. “Besides, your shouting was more annoying.” He said without lifted his eyes of the book.

 

“What are you saying?” She growled. I tightened my grip on Hana’s hand. I could feel that she was getting angry again, even more than before. “Are those the proper words after what I have done for you?” I could feel disappoint feelings in her voice.

 

This time Youngjae lifted his eyes before looking at Hana in the eye. “I didn’t need your help.”

 

“I hate you.” She hissed before flipping the pages of her book harshly. She started reading it with frowning face, ignoring the confuse classmates, and ignoring my presence beside her. I was about to question her when Mr. Jung entered the class suddenly. I sighed before going back to my seat.

 

 

“Do you know what happened with them before?” I asked him once I was on my seat.

 

He shrugged without even looking at me. “I didn’t pay attention to them.”

 

Frowning, I mumbled. “So where did you pay attention to then?” I didn’t know why but I felt so angry with him. May be it’s because of my dream. The memory of middle school Daehyun was upsetting me. I remembered now, it was his fault that I got that punishment.

 

“I had something more important to do instead of watching them.” He murmured. I could see that his face was becoming red. I wondered why but then I shrugged it off as I realized that this was summer. Even though it was raining, the temperature was still high.

 

“Yes yes, you always have something to do that is more important than the other thing that is considered as important by me.” I mumbled quietly. I couldn’t deny it, I was so sad when he forgetting his promise. But maybe after all, I was the one who took it wrong from the first.

 

 

 

 

If in the past, I didn’t talk to him whenever I felt uneasy with him or he didn’t talk to me when he disappoint at me, now, we (actually me) showed directly the hostile feelings.

 

“It was not my fault if the fruits you bought yesterday were all sour.” Hana yelled at Youngjae who suddenly came to our peaceful place. Before he and annoying friend of his came, Hana, Hyosung and I were having peaceful lunch in the school yard with fallen leaves as our view. It was really peaceful before they came. “I had told you before that those were sour but you insisted to buy them.” She shrugged.

 

“As a seller you had to convince me well and not with your usual bad manner. How could you expect me to listen to you when you yelled at me?” He said with steady tone yet challenging. I rolled my eyes lazily. This was not the first time they’re fighting. But, come on, this sour fruits matter also happened a couple days ago. I wondered that Youngjae always bought fruits in Hana’s family’s shop lately. And I couldn’t believe that a smart boy like him couldn’t see which fruit was sweet or sour. Besides, the fruits in their shop were dominated by sweet fruit. There were only a few sour fruits that prepared for some people who love them.

 

When I rolled my eyes and look the other way, I could see that he was staring at me. My annoying desk mate. But I tried to ignore him.

 

“What’s wrong with my manner? The one who was wrong in here was you. Who told you to buy those fruits by yourself? Just stop take this errand and let your mom buys fruits by herself. I really tired for seeing your face in our shop.” Hana growled.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter