(13)

Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you so stingy?”

 

Omo he was insulting me now? He was the one who should be insulted by me. Did he already forget his fault?

 

“I won’t let you use my pen anymore. It was really meaningful for me. I’m afraid that you’ll really make it disappear this time.” There’s no way I would let him use that precious pen again. That pen with cute little monkey doll onto it was a goodbye present from a friend in Seoul. Even though it was gifted by only one friend, it was the only thing that remembered me about my friends in Seoul. Besides, I always appreciated every gift that I got. So I wouldn’t let him borrow that pen again. He was really reckless and yesterday he almost made my precious pen disappear. I didn’t trust him anymore. I blacklisted him.

 

“It was just a pen! What so good about it? Don’t be that stingy.”

 

Why was he so persistent? He was so annoying. I could feel my temper was being higher. Oh if only Hana didn’t come late again today, she must be insulting that annoying boy for me. But she came late and was standing out class. Today really was my bad day, I thought.

 

“Fine!” I just wanted to make him quiet or else Mr. Park would hear us, him actually. “Use this pen instead.” I directed my other pen that I was using. I just only had two pens. My precious monkey pen and this one. And since the yesterday accident that happened to my precious pen, I promised to myself to protect it from reckless hands like his.

 

“I don’t want that pen, I want to use that monkey pen! Ya Jieun-ah! As Daehyun’s girlfriend, you shouldn’t be this stingy to his friends.”

 

He really made me angry. I glanced to a boy who sat behind him. I knew that he watched us from the first. And I was so sure that he could hear what his annoying friend said. But he didn’t do or say anything. How could he let his friends to keep saying those words? Now I really felt angry.

 

“I’m not his girlfriend.” I looked at him again coldly.

 

He refused to hear my words as he reached for my precious pen. My eyes widened. “You are. So don’t be stingy and let-“

 

“I SAID THAT I’M NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND! And stop calling me like that.”

 

Now Mr. Park really heard us, me actually. And not only him, but all of class too. They were now looking at me. I hated being stared by people like this.

 

 

 

First, I hated it when he called me stingy.

 

Second, I hated it when he wanted my precious pen persistently.

 

And last, I hated it when he called me as Daehyun’s girlfriend.

 

I kept wondering the reasons for me to shout that loudly in the class before. I felt embarrassed by myself. I was just being in this school for three days, but I had ruined all the impressions. I was afraid that I couldn’t make friends after this. But the important thing was I still had her.

 

“Don’t worry, Jieunnie! I’ll help you.” She grinned. I was so happy for having a really good friend like her.

 

All of sudden, a boy who was called Taecyeon came toward us. He leaned his right arm on Hana’s shoulder casually. “Hana-ya, let’s go!”

 

“You go first. I want to help Jieunnie doing her punishment before I go there.” Hana said as she shoved his leaning arm.

 

He leaned his arm again on her shoulder. “But Byun Seonsaeng-nim would make you run until get collapse if you come late.” He said with expressionless face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter