19)

Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He looks at me! He looks at me! Hyomin-ah, can’t you see, he’s looking at me!” I turned aside to see Sunhwa who kept whispering those sentences excitedly to Hyomin who was standing beside her in other side. I wondered what happened with her as I kept looking at her.

 

“Ah! You’re right! He’s looking at your direction! He must be had read your letter!” Hyomin remarked excitedly too, looked oblivious upon where actually we were.

 

I thought that I knew what they were talking about. With a hint ‘letter’, they must be were talking about Sunhwa’s crush. And it seemed like her crush had same feelings toward her, regarding the fact that he was looking at Sunhwa too. I smiled. I was right when I thought that most of girls always brought the topic about crush. Where ever, and whenever, even in the stage like this.

 

I looked at the sea of our schoolmate in front of us, trying to find him, the one that I hope would be watching my club’s performance. But I just managed to find Hana and Hyosung who getting excited when our eyes met. I averted my gaze from the audience and looked at our conductor who had been lifting her hands, ready to start our performance.

 

And our choir club’s performance had begun.

 

Wholeheartedly, we sung a medley song. A combination of SM the Ballad’s song ‘Missing You’, Davichi’s song ‘To Angel’, Fly to the Sky’s song ‘My Angel’, and ended excitedly with Ailee’s song ‘Heaven’. Our club’s performance which got number three in performs turns was a big success. We sang the song perfectly as we had a lot practices before. Eventually, our hard works came out well.

 

As I and other first year students were in the front rows, we had to leave the stage after our sunbaenim did which mean my row was the last one who left the stage. And I couldn’t hold my smile when Sunhwa and Hyomin continued their chat in the middle of waiting for leaving the stage.

 

“He kept looking at me! I’m sure he was looking at me.” Sunhwa whispered happily. I felt certain too that the boy she meant was looking at her because she was beautiful, smart, talkative, and cheerful. No wonder she was popular among boys.

 

“Jieunnie, don’t forget to visit my class, okay?” Soyeon who stood beside me too asked. I nodded, smiling.

 

“My class too, okay?” I chuckled as I followed her heading to the backstage.

 

“I’ll visit your class too, Jieunnie.” I heard Sunhwa’s voice behind me and kept walking without turning around to see her. I gave a nod and smiling, though she couldn’t see my smile. “I want to see my crush.” I heard her chuckling.

 

“The one who kept looking at you before?” I got curious because she was crushing one of my classmates.

 

“Yap!” Her chuckling was now getting loud. I carefully stepped down the stairs as we got the backstage. And when finally I was really in the backstage, I turned around to face her.

 

“What is his name?” I managed to say that in the middle of noises that made by the other members.

 

“GOOD JOB, GUYS! GOOD JOB!”

 

And my surroundings got oblivious as I managed to hear her last words. Actually I couldn’t hear her voice well but I didn’t need it to get the name. Only looked at her moving lips, I already got the name as the name kept dominating my mind, my life, all this time.

 

 

 

“JUNG DAEHYUN!” It was the fifth time Hana shouted his name since the first Hyosung and I sat on our table, even Hyosung had not completed her praise for our decorated class.

 

I looked at the running boy in pity. Our class’s café that should be a high class one (regarding the elegant and beautiful decorating of the classroom) came out beyond its supposed concept, as the cashier kept shouting and the waiter kept running.

 

Daehyun took the cakes and drinks, and then brought them carefully to a table that placed by three girls. I could see their face reddening when Daehyun reached their place, placing their orders on the table.

 

“So, what do you guys want to eat?” I averted my gaze from Daehyun to the source of voice. Sunggyu with a small note book on his left hand, a pen on his right hand, and a black apron ahead his pants, was standing next to our table, looking at me and Hyosung lazily.

 

“Just because we are classmates, you can’t treat us badly!” Hyosung frowned. “Treat us the way you treat the other customers! Don’t discriminating us!”

 

Sunggyu sighed as he looked away before looking at Hyosung again lazily.

 

“Welcome to our classy cake café.” I tried my best to hold my laughter as I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, his pride. He looked like wanted to burry himself because of embarrassment as he continued, “We had wonderful cakes that you can’t find in other cake shop.” He sighed. From the way he talked, I could say that he was forced to say those words.  May I take your order then?” He looked at his note, waiting.

 

“I want Jongup who take our order. Tell him to come here as soon as possible.” Hyosung said without even lifting her eyes from her phone. I wondered how she managed to act that cold because I tried hard holding myself to not laughing at Sunggyu’s funny expression.

 

For so many times, Sunggyu sighed. “I already know that you’ll be like this. Can’t you see that Jongup is busy right now? Can’t you help our class’s business a little? At least, don’t give us much difficulty!” His face was reddening in anger this time.

 

Hyosung shrugged before finally looking at him in the eyes. “I just want Jongup. No excuse. Customer is a king.”

 

Sunggyu gritted his teeth in annoyance. “You said yourself to not doing discrimination. Then what is this?” He mumbled before looking at me coldly. “You can laugh now, Jieun-ah! Just laugh if you want to laugh!” He yelled as he left our table. Then I burst in laughter. He really was funny.

 

“Smile, Sunggyu-ssi!” Bohyung who was walking past him said warmly, and immediately, he became calmer. That couple was really cute. I smiled.

 

“I bet they will be a real couple after today.”

 

“Like you and Jongupie?” I chuckled by her blushing face.

 

“I don’t like him in that way.” She looked away and then frowned suddenly. “What the-! YA! JONGUPIE! I want to make an order! Come here fast!” She shouted to Jongup who was standing beside a table that placed by two giggling girls. Sunggyu who walked to him turning around after Hyosung called for Jongup directly. He didn’t need to tell Jongup anymore.

 

Then my eyes met his. He was standing near Jongup. Hyosung’s shouting had succeeded getting his attention to our table. From the way he looked at me, I concluded that he didn’t realize my presence here before.

 

For some seconds, I felt like the time was stopping as we kept staring at each other.

 

Then he broke our gaze and looked at a girl in that table, talking and smiling. I couldn’t see her face because she sat in the same direction as me. But from the white dress she wore, I knew that she was from the choir club.

 

She was Han Sunhwa. The other girl that sat in that table was Hyomin, so the one that kept making Daehyun smiled sheepishly like this was no other than Sunhwa.

 

Sunhwa must be right. Daehyun had the same feeling like her as he kept looking at her in our performance.

 

Daehyun was there, but not for me.

 

“Hyosung-ah, I’m not beautiful, am I?”

 

“What are you talking about? You get more beautiful lately, Jieunnie. And moreover, in that white dress.” She pointed at my dress. “I felt envy for you. Your club has angel concept, so you all look wonderful today.” She sighed then smiled widely. “Especially you, Jieunnie! Ah, Jongupie, finally!”

 

Unlike Sunggyu who looked like was in torture before, Jongup said the same words happily. He never stopped smiling, like always.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter