comfort

2 Cats, 1 Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk spends the rest of the day in the studio, thinking of what Himchan said when he spaces out (which happens quite a lot) Is it true that he clearly likes Junhong more than Himchan?

 

Okay, maybe he’s a little biased.

 

Very biased.

 

But what can he do? Himchan has always been prickly and aggressive. Junhong’s the cute cuddly little thing that asks you for cookie. Which one would you pet? Of course he’ll take Junhong up onto his lap and rub his tummy.

 

But in his defense, Himchan likes to scratch a lot. And Yongguk often feels like a servant to the sly feline.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t like me as much as you like Junhong. Just remember to leave some for me.”

 

Just remember to leave some for me, Yongguk thinks. Was he really that bad on Himchan?

 

Well then fine, he’s a biased owner and he loves Junhong more than Himchan. Fine.

 

 

 

 

That night, he comes home late and Junhong was already asleep in cat-form, lying in the cozy little circle Himchan made with his curled body. He lays a blanket over the two cats, each of them once before making his way out of the room without making a noise.

 

The hot shower is great for the end of a long day but Yongguk’s real luxury would be his soft and comfy bed. But Yongguk thinks he’ll just fall asleep on any surface warm and soft enough at this moment.

 

He clambers into bed, residual water still on his skin as he throws his towel to his desk, already rolling under the covers. He turns off the light and then decides he should put some pants on in case he receives another unwanted furball in his bed. After climbing out of bed reluctantly and tugging on a pair of basketball shorts, he decides, he should just put on a shirt as well.

 

Who knows when Himchan would climb into his bed again.

 

Amused or not, Yongguk did wake up with Himchan in his bed again. At least, he is lying on the bed this time, instead of Yongguk. Yongguk stares at Himchan snoozing peacefully, slender hands clasped together underneath a furry cat ear. Yongguk thinks cats like sleeping curled up. And he notes with relief that Himchan is clothed too. It was a smart move to wear clothes to sleep.

 

The sun is still mellow and Yongguk takes the time to observe the sleeping feline with his arms tucked underneath his pillow. It’s pretty interesting, those feather-like lashes, that straight nose, that small mouth and the fair cheeks. Yongguk wonders why catboys don’t have moustaches since cats have whiskers. He holds back a chuckle at that.

 

He reaches out a hand, he doesn’t know why, and starts playing with the furry cat ear on Himchan’s head. It’s soft, just like Junhong’s. Now that he’s thinking about it, Himchan and Junhong are black and white, in the literal sense too. Snarky and mean and dark, Himchan’s the dark coloured one. Fluffy and naïve and innocent, Junhong’s the white kitten. It’s pretty cool if cat colours represent their personalities.

 

Damnit, Yongguk thinks. He did not just think of weird things while playing with Himchan’s ear. Yikes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter