You are something else

2 Cats, 1 Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk knows Himchan shouldn't have went far. Himchan's probably somewhere around here but he just doesn't want to go home. Yongguk stops mid-run and sighs. Why is he looking for someone who doesn't want to see him? He strolls down the long pavement, catching his breathe. Himchan, you stupid cat. You're always messing me up. He ruffles the hair at the back of his head and carries on looking. It's already so dark and the streetlights are dim. Himchan better be somewhere safe...

The thought spurs his feet into a run again and Yongguk's shoes are crunching down on the sandy pavement before he sees the swaying swing in the playground. He stops and observes the swing reaching mid-air with each kick until realisation has him let out a relieved scoff.

 

 

Himchan knows it's not the same between the two of them anymore. Something huge happened and it is irreversible. It can't be erased. He can't say he wants to start it over again. It's all strange and he can't control himself from escaping. He sighs and pushes himself further up into the air, feeling the wind turning his cheeks cold as he reaches higher. What does Yongguk think of him after what has happened? Himchan groans in frustration. Yongguk must be thinking of him as something else after what he has done. It's not innocent anymore and Yongguk must be hating to see him again. Himchan can't resist the urge to cry as he thinks about this. But it would be even worse if Yongguk was just using him. Why did it even happen anyway? Yongguk hates having Himchan touch him. That time when he kissed him, Yongguk was so angry. Himchan sniffles. He doesn't want them to be distant. He still wants to climb into Yongguk's bed and hold his owner's hand while he sleeps, he wants to go back there, but it's not like that anymore. He's too afraid to see Yongguk. How does he look at me now?

He looks down at himself. What was Yongguk thinking when it happened? But it must have meant something if he woke up clean. Yongguk must have changed his clothes and tidied him up. But-- Himchan hunches his back and blinks at the tears in his eyes-- what if he was just feeling guilty and it was just a mistake to him? Himchan feels the tears rising again and he grips onto the metal chains tighter. He can't go home now... Just as he was blinking out the tears in his eyes, the sounds of kicked sand and breathes interrupt his thoughts and he snaps his head to meet eyes with the disturbance.

Yongguk doesn't know whether to smile or frown at Himchan who is already cowering away from him on the swing. He tries hard to catch his breathe as he stands beside the swing, maintaining eye contact with Himchan who clumsily tries to stop the swinging before falling into the sand with bewildered eyes. Himchan looks so surprised and helpless, Yongguk would have laughed out loud if he wasn't in such a dilemma right now. Shakily picking himself up from the sand, Himchan swallows hard and contemplates whether to run or not as Yongguk stares at him sternly with panting breathes.

Neither of them say a word as Himchan gradually looks away from Yongguk's steely eyes. Himchan holds both his hands together and looks down at the uneven sand before him, the streetlights making a pattern from the heaps and indents. Yongguk sighs inwardly as Himchan's head bow a little with his folded ears. The poor thing is cowering away from him with his hands wringing and head lowered. Yongguk doesn't know what to say in this fragile situation. He might just screw everything up like he did before. He really wants to punch the slide right now.

Yongguk doesn't say a word and Himchan doesn't know what to do. The silence is driving his mind to overthinking. Is Yongguk going to be mad? Is he going to scold me? Is he going to abandon me? Himchan finds all the possibilities hopelessly upsetting and he blames his uncontrolled emotions for the trickling teardrops.

Now Yongguk's really helpless. , he feels useless. He came here, looking for Himchan and now he's found him, he doesn't say a word, he doesn't do anything and he makes Himchan cry. Now what? God, he really wants to punch himself! This is it or never, Yongguk thinks. He'll just blabber some nonsense 'cause it's probably better than not trying.

"Don't cry... Please. I'm sorry." Yongguk hears Himchan sniffles once before bringing up the sleeves of his white sweater to rub at his wet cheeks roughly, Yongguk thought Himchan almost looked frustrated and angry with himself crying. Well, Himchan's a stubborn little thing, so. "Don't-- don't..."

Yongguk tries to find the appropriate words but he fails every time he opens his stupid mouth. God, this . No, he the most. Urgh. Yongguk marches over, heart thumping nervously and holds down Himchan's hands before the half-cat scrubs half of his face off himself. He thought he felt a little aching inside when he saw that saddened face and red-rimmed eyes but it just hurts even more when those eyes that used to look at him mischievously turn away. The tugs in his hands indicate a desperate request for him to let go and so Yongguk lets Himchan retract his hands to his chest and takes a step back.

The silence surrounds him like a stifling bubble wrap and he glances down at the strange shadows on the sand to find some inspiration, which really didn't help at all because Himchan's standing a few steps before him but looking so far away and that pair of teary eyes wouldn't even see him for a second. God, Bang Yongguk, do something. Do something now!

Well, , he has basically went to bed with Himchan-- whom he claims to hate so much and be so annoyed with-- and that actually would be more appropriate if you said he -- oh . Yongguk slaps himself on the face and bites his front teeth down hard on his bottom lip. He's a ing bastard. He's a ert, god, Himchan-- poor little thing-- , he took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter