Meow

2 Cats, 1 Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry?"

Jongup just stares at him like that and Junhong can't believe what he just said. He slaps his mouth shut and watches the dumbfounded look on Jongup's face. He has a bad feeling about this...

God damn little devil Himchan.

He bites on his nails nervously and Jongup slowly eases up from the counter table, looking at him expectantly and Junhong guesses that he probably can't run away now. So he just states the obvious, "I like you, Jonguppie hyung. Ever since the first time we met."

He can't believe he's got balls to say this but, "I've liked you all this while."

Jongup looks like he's processing thoughts and then there's this sheepishly cute smile on his face which Junhong likes so much but can't really appreciate at the moment. Junhong feels his heart sink a little when he realises that Jongup was waiting for him to say prank's over but it's not. It's not a prank. 

Jongup's face turns a little serious, a little dumbfounded and then a little nervous. And then he says the most cruel thing ever to Junhong,

"But Junhong, I like girls."

Junhong wants to say "Oh." but all that came out was a weak breathe that sounds something like despair and defeat. He stares at the ground and bites down on his finger, somewhat wishing that the pain on his finger tip would ease away the pain in his chest from the stab in Jongup's words.

He stands up from the stool and feels a little shaky because maybe inside he's crying but he can't do anything but scratch his head and say he's going home now.

Jongup calls him several times but he just keeps on walking and walking and walking until he's crying. Junhong's crying and it's such a strange feeling. So that's how love feels like? No wonder the people in the tv always cry. He doesn't bother to wipe off the tears in his eyes, he lets the passers-by stare. What a boy, crying like this in public and not feeling a tiny bit shy. But Junhong's not a boy, he's a cat and he's a little kitten. Yongguk says it's dangerous for him to be outside alone and yes it is. He finally learns today. He lost his heart to Jongup who only likes girls.

"Okay, Jonguppie hyung, okay." He mumbles to himself repeatedly and when he's crying too loud, he goes around a corner and turns into a little kitten because no one would stare at a tiny cat like him. He wriggles out of the clothes on the floor and leaps his way home. He wonders when is the next time he would go back to see Jongup because even though one part of him doesn't want to see Jongup now, there's this other half of him that can't let Jongup go.

-

"Himchan hyung."

"Yea?"

"Do you think a skirt would work now?"

"What?"

Junhong stares out the window and the way his eyes are out of focus is kind of scaring Himchan. 

"Junhong-ah, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Himchan hyung."

That's all he said and he morphs into a cat. Himchan obliging puts on his collar for him and his fur once as he runs out of the cat door.

It's been quite a few days but it felt like years to Junhong. Why does time pass so slowly when you're feeling awful? He's lost in his thoughts when he's walking and when  he shakes himself awake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter