Aftermath

2 Cats, 1 Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Himchan wakes up wearing only a white cotton sweater, the only thing running through his mind is, what happened? He picks up the note at the bedside, scanning it quickly, jumping over a few cursive words Yongguk scribbled with a pencil. The curtains are flowing gently with the opened windows letting the breeze in and Himchan closes his eyes at the soothing feeling, mind a blank. There's a swirling lethargy that keeps his mind from thinking and he can't remember exactly why he feels so sedated.

He looks down and sees the neat blanket over his legs, the pillows in the right places on the bed. There is a slothful feeling inside and he can't find reason to get out of bed even if it feels like he hasn't been anywhere else for days. He tries to recall the past few days but can't seem to dig up anything from his memory boxes but Yongguk and Junhong's face. He figures he'll just go outside and let his body start up after what he assumes was days of inactivity.

He removes the blanket from himself and sees his bare legs atop the white bedsheets. There's a faded bruise near his knee on his inner thigh. He touches it thoughtfully and all of sudden, the pieces come back to him like dashing colours, fixing themselves into his mind like a raging puzzle.

Himchan's eyes widen instinctively as his memory recovers. He remembers. There was something happening and he was crying. He told Yongguk to stop but then he didn't and he was still crying. His eyes were wet but there was a surge of gratification and his arms were around Yongguk's neck. The ecstacy and coiling warmth were clear in his mind but he can't explain the conflicting emotions inside, until he hears himself gasping. Himchan stares down at the heinous bruise on his leg almost accusingly as he remembers every sound that came out of his mouth. But there was the voice of another man, breathe so heavy and intimate next to his and then he recalls the ominous words that are blurred. It was deep and extremely close. It sounded just like Yongguk.

With frantic eyes, Himchan searches for something to put on only to realise he's not even in his own room. He scans nervously and finds himself in Yongguk's bedroom where the cluttered desk makes his anxiety even worse. Himchan tries to stand up only to feel his legs wobble before he tilts and grabs onto the closet for support. He was supposed to be in the guest room. He was hiding from his heat. He snaps his head back to stare questioningly at Yongguk's bed with wide eyes. No, it didn't happen here. He was in the guest room but then Yongguk was there. Everything was a blur. Luckily, it was a blur.

Himchan makes his way out the room, hands against the walls and furniture as he tries not to fall to his knees. He's so frightened. He's so lost. What is going on now? How many days has it been? He eyes the calendar but he can't remember the day when he locked himself in the room. Yongguk was coaxing him and then he was asking for more but something else followed which he can't remember what. All he knows is that something horrible happened. And he was part of it.

He reaches the kitchen and pours out a cup of water shakily before lifting it to his dry lips for a sip. Only then does he realise how his hands are clean. As the blood rushes to his face in his embarrassment, Himchan almost clambers to the bathroom with his weak knees and finds his flustered self in the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter