Chapter 9

Can't go back home

I stared at Minhwan for a second, wavering between to slap him or to go back in my room. I chose to go back in my room, the peaceful option. I wasn't up to talk to him, especially after our recent experience together.

"Jamie, is Ally in there?" Jaejin asked outside the door. I looked over at my little sister struggling to pull on her boot. I went over and helped her, pushing it onto her foot.

"Oppa, of course she is," I answered with a smile, taking Ally's hand and pulling her out the door with me. Instead, there was Minhwan. I heard him wrong, but he glared at me.

"Please don't call me oppa. You can call my hyungs that, but not me," he said with an annoyed look. I caught Jonghoon looking at him with disappointment and I looked at the floor.

"Minhwan is being very rude to you, Jamie. Why don't you tell us?" He asked as he came by my side.

"But he's not my oppa, Jonghoon. He doesn't like me....." I trailed off. I really didn't want to get Jonghoon involved (if he wasn't already), but I didn't want to get Minhwan in trouble for his attitude toward me. "It's okay. I have you guys." Later, when we arrived at the practice room, I stood outside the room to listen. I was too shy to go in and see Minhwan, much less make him hate me more. I liked the sound of Hongki's passionate, husky voice. They all sounded amazing, but Hongki pulled the song together.

Of course, I knew Ally was in there, probably happy to listen, but I only listened outside the door. The music stopped when the song finished, and a little bit later, the members started filing out. Minhwan came straight over to me once he noticed where I was standing. I looked up at him slightly. "Look, Jamie-ah, I'm sorry about what happened earlier....." He said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarassment.

"It's not your fault. I got tired after the movie. I didn't mean to sleep.... on your chest," I explained. He shook his head and he smiled, and his smile..... It was perfect. No, Jamie! Stop it!

"I wasn't talking about that, noona," he said. I had never been called noona before. The others just called me Jamie, and noona felt so.... comfortable. "Can I call you noona?" He asked.

"Only if you're my oppa," I answered with a small but happy smile. "And what were you talking about?"

"I meant that I was so.... unacceptable to you," he replied guiltily. "I was just.... I... When my hyungs brought you here, they acted as if I didn't matter. It annoyed me that they paid so much attention to a random girl."

"Minhwan-goon! Jamie! C'mon, we have to go!" Hongki said. Minhwan looked at me with a shy smile.

"So I can call you noona?" He asked. I nodded happily.

When we arrived home, I immediately took a shower. It felt like the most wonderful thing in the world, and afterwards, I got dressed and relaxed. I looked at my phone, and right when I did, I had an incoming call. I dropped my phone when I saw who it was from, but I quickly picked it up, went into the living room to sit on the couch with Seunghyun and Minhwan, and answered. "Daddy?" I answered, and I felt as if I was going to cry. They looked over in concern.

"Jamie, where are you?! I want you and Ally home right now!" my father asked angrily, obviously drunk.

"Daddy, we're not coming home....." I whimpered with tears in my eyes. Jamie, don't cry. You can't let your dad know that he can push you around. "We left."

"Tell me where the f*** you are, you ! You have to f***ing come back at some point!" He yelled. I couldn't even believe I was related to the man on the phone.

"Leave me the f*** alone! Don't call me anymore!" I shouted into the phone before I ended the call. I couldn't breathe, and I covered my mouth in utter disbelief of what just happened. I stared forward, wide-eyed and scared, and I immediately fell into tears when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Minhwan! You're an idiot!" Seunghyun said, which made me cry even more. "Jamie, are you okay?" he asked, rubbing his hand up and down my back. I shook my head and sobbed.

"N-noona? What did he say to you?" Minhwan asked. I looked over at him.

"He s-started yelling a-at me to c-come h-home," I answered with hiccuping breaths in between.

"Well, you're not going back.... right? You're staying here?" he asked nervously. I nodded and took deep breaths, but it didn't work, and I coughed up into my sobbing again. Hongki came in.

"What happened?" he asked. I couldn't answer because I was too busy crying.

"Daddy called," Seunghyun answered. Soon, Hongki was kneeling in front of me.

"Jamie, look at me," he said. I opened my eyes, tears running down my cheeks. "We will make sure you're safe and don't get hurt. You will not go back to your father." I nodded and he hugged me.

"Hongki-hyung, you already had your turn. I never got a hug," I heard Minhwan say. I turned to him and smiled. I hugged him contently, and he had already made me feel so much better. I pulled away and looked into his perfect brown eyes. "Noona, do you feel better now?" he asked. I looked in horror at the phone I had dropped on the floor, which had lit up again with another call. 

"He's calling again, oppa....." I said, burying my face in Minhwan's shirt.

"Just block him and delete his number," Seunghyun said. I quickly picked up my phone and declined the call, and then I got to work on  blocking my dad and deleting his number, making a small reminder on my phone what my dad's number was, just in case. When I had completely finished, I put my phone on the table an I looked at Minhwan happily.

"Now I feel better," I said with a smile.

_____________________________________________________________

When I'm bored, I write..... Don't judge. I don't think future chapters will be anywhere near this long.....