Chapter 1

Can't go back home

I woke up in the hospital to find Ally sitting next to me. "Hello, dear sister. Are you okay?" she asked quietly.

"I'm feeling better. Did you see who hit me?" I asked her. She pointed to the door, where a Korean guy with long blond hair, kind but sad brown eyes, and a small relieved smile stood, hanging in his figure.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen...." he told me quietly in Korean, his smile fading. I guess he couldn't speak English. I wanted to scowl at him so badly, but he really seemed to care. He looked so embarassed of what he had done.

"You're an idiot! Neon babo! I don't even want to say it right because you hurt Jamie!" Ally yelled at him. He lowered his head and seemed to be hurt. He looked at me with sorrow.

"It's okay, what's your name?" I asked him in Korean, giving him a small smile.

"Lee Hongki. What's yours?" he asked, raising his head a little bit to look at me.

"Jamie Shin," I told him. "My dad was Korean." He smiled at me.

"What is taking so long, Hongki?! Manager-hyung wants us to practice!" another guy burst in. This one was really muscular and had wavy brown hair. He was a little bit taller than Hongki and good-looking.

"I have to stay here. I'm paying the hospital bill. It's the least I can do, and look at her! Would you just leave her and her little sister, Jonghoon? I'm not going to practice, and tell Manager-hyung I'll do it later," Hongki said to him. The other guy looked at me and I tried my very best to look weak and helpless.

"I can't believe you! She's fine!" Jonghoon yelled. Of course, he said other words under his breath, but they weren't exactly clean...

"Jonghoon! Stop it! I'm not-"

"Wait, Hongki, what kind of practice?" I asked curiously. "Are you on a sports team?" Hongki smiled at me and held up a fist.

"FTisland fighting! It's our band," he said happily. "Jamie, you need to rest, I'll stay with you. I'll get Jonghoon to leave if you want."

"That's okay. Go with your band and practice," I said. Soon enough, Jonghoon leaves and pulls Hongki with him.

When I woke up, Hongki was back, sitting in Ally's old seat. I was somewhat alarmed that Ally was no longer sitting there, but I was too tired to do anything. It was too painful and uncomfortable to move, so I just looked at Hongki with a painful expression.

"What? Are you okay, Jamie? Should I get the doctor?" he asked.

"No, I'm okay. Where did Ally go?" I asked hoarsely.

"Ummm, she went to get food from the hospital cafeteria.... I'm staying here with you tonight. Manager-hyung says it's okay," he told me.

"Okay. Do you know when I can get out of here?" I asked quietly. He shakes his head.

"Maybe two weeks. I don't know. But I can't wait for you to meet the other members. I've told them about you and they're so excited," he says happily. I smile at him; I've barely known him a day and he's already my friend. A relief to the beatings I've gotten.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is my first fanfic..... I really like FTisland so I started with them. Hopefully, I'll update soon if school doesn't mess it up. :)