Chapter 2

Can't go back home

Two days later, I was reminded of why I ran away. My dad was beating Ally again, but I could do nothing to help her. I was in a cage, helpless, and all I could do was watch as my dad beat her and listen to her wailing for help, until the small girl faded away. I screamed her name, but I couldn't do anything because she was limp. I was no help to-

"Jamie?" a soft voice said. Was someone going to let me out of my prison? No use now, Ally was already dead. My dad would only beat me.I only wanted to forget my father forever. "Jamie, wake up!" I carefully opened my eyes and found Hongki's warm eyes greet me. He hugged me and I wanted to cry, but instead, I just hugged him back.

"Hongki, I'm sorry if I woke you. It's like..... 1 am," I said, pausing to look at the clock next to the bed. "Please go back to bed. I know you have to practice with the other FTisland members tomorrow."

"I couldn't sleep anyway," he said, releasing me from his arms. "Your little sister, Ally, she told me about your father.... I'm so sorry...." I was surprised that Ally actually talked to Hongki. I knew that she had learned Korean, but she only used it in school or when she needed it.

"Sweet little Ally told you about our dad?" I asked quietly.

"Yes. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you. I feel terrible that I've hit someone that was only trying to leave beatings behind," he said, his voice cracking.

"Hongki, please don't worry about me. Go back to sleep," I told him firmly. He nodded and left. I went back to sleep, too.

The next morning, I was woken by Ally. "Hello, my dear sister. Mr. Big Nose is here," she said happily. I looked at the door and saw Jonghoon.

"Clever name, Ally," I whispered in her ear. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jonghoon," I said to him. He seemed to have lightened up from the last time I saw him, which was three days ago.

"Hello, Jamie...." he struggled for more English words. "That's all I know, sorry," he said in Korean with a small laugh.

"That's okay. I know Korean, so you don't need any more," I said with a giggle. "I want to see your other members. Hongki promised me," I added, pouting a little. Hongki walked in the room looking happy.

"Jamie, I want you to meet Song Seunghyun," Hongki said happily. He introduced a very handsome and tall Korean guy with an excited smile, long, dark brown hair waving to one side, and I noticed he had an ear gauge. Way to make an ear gauge cute, I thought. He bowed in front of me.

"Hello, Song Seunghyun, very nice to meet you," I said. I felt too eager to know Seunghyun, like I might've made him think I was weird.

"It's so nice to meet you," he said in English. I was so surprised, knowing from what Hongki had told me about FTisland, it was a Korean band.

"So you speak English, too?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Some. I can speak it better than my hyungs, but I have to switch back to Korean, sometimes," he said, going back to Korean, and I giggled.

"What's that in your ear?" Ally asked suspiciously.

"My earring," he answered carefully, trying to pronounce every syllable correctly. I giggled and tried to wipe the stupid grin off my face, but it was so hard when there was an extremely hot Korean guy standing in front of me.

"Why is it so big?" she asked curiously.

"Because it looks cool that way." Seunghyun said in Korean.