Chapter 5

Can't go back home

"Anyway, the Primadonnas are good," Seunghyun said without food in his mouth.

"Well, you still don't have to tell them!" I yelled out. Jaejin and Minhwan looked at me with surprise.

"You're overreacting. Calm down," Jaejin said. Minhwan just stared at me like an animal. Like everyone else at my school. I was a freak, worrying about nothing. None of their fans are going to hurt me or anything. Hongki opened the door and looked at what was happening. He said something in Korean just like everyone else, but this time, I didn't understand. He kept talking to me, but I didn't respond. I just sat on the floor, dumbfounded and scared. I eventually couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop it! I can't understand you! Stop!" I yelled at him. Ally looked over at me as if I was crazy.

"Jamie, he just wanted to know if you were alright," she said. I shook my head. "What happened?" Ally asked.

"I.... I really don't like it here," I answered. I heard Ally translate my answers into Korean. I went into my room, where I sat on the bed and buried my face in my hands. Everyone at school would've avoided me for the rest of the day. They all knew I wasn't right, but only my friends knew why.

"Are you okay?" Someone asked at the door in Korean. I looked up and saw Jaejin poking his head in the doorway.

"I just don't want my dad to find us. The whole point of leaving was so that we wouldn't go back," I responded. A smile spread across his face.

"Don't worry about it. Once you're known to the public, we can keep you. I'll get Manager-hyung to help, too, so you won't have to worry about it," he said happily.

"No, Jaejin. I don't need your manager knowing I don't have a home. I don't even think he knows I'm with you guys," I replied quietly.

"No, Manager-hyung knows you're here, I think. Why don't I ask Hongki?" He said quickly, zooming out the door. I heard Jaejin ask, and then some yelling, so I'm guessing he said no.

Jaejin popped back up. I brought my knees to my chest and pushed my head in the middle. "I already know what he said, Jaejin. I know your manager doesn't know," I told him. It was amazing I hadn't started crying yet. He sat next to me and put a gentle hand on my head.

"We'll tell him together. C'mon, he'll be coming tonight. We can introduce you then," Jaejin said sweetly. I shook my head.

"If you want to, that's fine, but I'm not introducing myself to him. It's like if I were a homeless man with fleas. And he won't like me, let alone both me and Ally," I said, letting a few tears fall.

"He'll understand, Jamie. You were beaten. You can have a reason to stay here," Jaejin murmured. I shook my head again as I brought it up to look at him.

"Jaejin, please do it for me. I don't want to talk to a random man who has no idea who I am. Please do it for me," I pleaded with a shaky voice.

"Okay, I'll introduce you. The others can help, but I still don't understand why you're so scared of Manager-hyung and the Primadonnas," he said.

"Because if I'm introduced in public, I can't hide from my Dad anymore. Every chance to go in public is a chance to get hurt," I replied with a sniffle.

________________________________________________________

sorry if this was too short! I promise I'll do better next time, but I was dying to end it there..... Anyway, hashi konata, chingus! (That's my Korean jibberish, and I end a lot of things like that, don't judge me.)